• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Atlantic Friend - Thank you! And I'm glad to have your support on the antiquated equipment front ;) . As I assure my readers, we'll have plenty of time to get to the jets and rockets. This is only 1936, right?

Brad1 - Splendid speculation!! While I probably shouldn't say too much either way, I will point one thing out. There are, as far as we can tell, two points of divergence from OTL. First, the Reinickendorf Circle's assassination attempt. Second, the Manuscript. Whether those two have a single overarching cause or not may be the subject of speculation far down the line. For the time being, the all divergence between OTL and WTL can be traced back to either or both of those two events. So keep in mind that not all the differences you mentioned are necessarily due solely to the manuscript. That said, you've raised some very interesting questions that I'm sure the rest of the readers will be having their say on over the coming chapters. Finally -- we'll be seeing more later this chapter about exactly what's going on with the Race Laws and that whole side of things. They will, however, be addressed in a rather glancing way, and over time, due to sensitivity of the subject.

my guess is still that the manuscript is from the future, because I've always been fond of time travel stories. :D

Excellent naval update. You've got a knack for naval battles. Would like to see a land battle, though, perhaps from a General's perspective? At any rate, keep up the excellent work.

trekkadict - diziziz is in your camp, if he's still around...

Metroid17 - Thank you very much! A knack? The very first naval battle update (and even then not in through a narrative character) and already a knack. How proud you make me :D . We will be absolutely seeing all kinds of land battles from common soldiers all the way up through field marshals. The trouble is, there aren't any to report at the moment without getting into either Schwarzbeck's adventures in AOI or the efforts to mop up the last remaining French resistance on the continent. I guess it it's no longer a secret that we'll be hearing about all that soon! As for German land battles, well, they will come when there are some, which might not be as long as you think ;) .

Slaughts - Well the Battle of Sirte is something I can give the Regia Marina (read: the Italian AI) full, er, credit for. So I'm not really bringing screens, because the Kriegsmarine is busy carousing in port right now for fear of the Royal Navy. The Italians brought screens in the form of destroyers and light cruisers, while the British force (Force G, as alluded to in a caption, but which neither Feldt nor Scholl would have known at the time) was composed solely of battleships and heavy cruisers.

TheHyphenated1 said:
Slaughts - Well the Battle of Sirte is something I can give the Regia Marina (read: the Italian AI) full, er, credit for. So I'm not really bringing screens, because the Kriegsmarine is busy carousing in port right now for fear of the Royal Navy. The Italians brought screens in the form of destroyers and light cruisers, while the British force (Force G, as alluded to in a caption, but which neither Feldt nor Scholl would have known at the time) was composed solely of battleships and heavy cruisers.

Well I know those were Italian and not really under your control, but I remember Germany having some sort of screens, even if some of them was Old Great-War vintage G7 destroyers.

Germany has destroyers -- they're just not around for the fighting in the Mediterranean.

When you say six destroyers were sunk is that six in-game destroyers or do you count each one as multiple? If so, how many?

SeleucidRex - That is two destroyer squadrons, which are the in-game units.

III:VIII will be up either over the weekend or shortly thereafter.

Weltkriegschaft.....that was an epic naval battle between the Italian Regalia and the Royal Navy. Too bad the Italians fared so bad....I always try to concentrate the Italian Navy when I play as the Italians but usually still come out for the worse.......but never like that!!! Poor Mussolini...he must have had to kiss Adolf's rump to get out of his tirade.......

KLorberau

That is one epic read, I haven't had such fun reading an all conquering (not yet, but still...) German AAR since Yogis Epic 'Where the Iron Cross Grow'!

The last update I can still clearly see Hitler and Mussolini smashing tables and insulting each other and then hug and kiss each other ... just like in the movie 'The Great Dictator!' :rofl:

I especially like the (always) futile struggle of Father Kappel to kill Hitler, but also the way you portrait Canaris, as a 'fox' and Christoph Scholl (at first I thought he was a member of the White Rose), as small behind-the-scene assistant to Hitler.

I like the challenge you ... inexplicatly generated! Soviet Union at War with you, well prepare for loads of tanks and divisions when you attack them!

Keep it up! :cool:

P.S. I will also be reading Hardraade AAR, since I think you two created exeptionally exellent AARs! Also I heard there are some intense bickerings over there between Colonials and Royalists! :D

Zauberfloete said:
That is one epic read, I haven't had such fun reading an all conquering (not yet, but still...) German AAR since Yogis Epic 'Where the Iron Cross Grow'!
That one seems to be the comparison of choice. I wonder if TheHyphenated1 has gotten around to reading it...

P.S. I will also be reading Hardraade AAR, since I think you two created exeptionally exellent AARs! Also I heard there are some intense bickerings over there between Colonials and Royalists! :D
It's only bickering if both sides are wrong. :p

Congratulations, Weltkriegschaft has just been nominated for the Weekly AAR showcase!

KLorberau - Thank you! Sirte really demonstrated the vulnerability of the less-armored Italian ships, the laxity of their handling procedures and the inadequacy of their 12.5 inch main guns against British battleships that can outrange them. Considering that it was mostly a night battle, it's also in large part a testament to British gunnery and discipline.

Zauberfloete - Thank you very much! Great to have you aboard! The Hitler-Mussolini relationship was complex and volatile, and we'll certainly be seeing more drama between them before the end. Kappel, Canaris and Scholl will continue to play significant parts to be sure! Stalin is busying himself with a massive military buildup, which makes the existence of Poland almost convenient for Hitler. If only things had turned out that way in OTL...

dublish - Actually I have not. Because they both concern similar subject matter, I'm probably going to read it after Weltkriegschaft is over so it doesn't affect my thinking one way or the other. But I'm always flattered to hear Weltkriegschaft compared to an AAR that's so highly regarded.

trekaddict - Thank you most kindly my friend! I'll head over there soon with some remarks.

Real life has been pressing me severely this week, but III:VIII is nearly complete. Expect it in the next few days, I'd say. Shortly before it goes up, I'll also post my remarks for the Weekly Showcase, which may contain some tidbits of interest.

waiting to see your next moves... :cool:

Many apologies for the extended delay, brought on by all sorts of factors that I'll not trouble you with. :eek:o :eek:o

Tomorrow should be the big day for III:VIII and with a little luck the next one should be out fairly hot on its heels.

Thanks for your patience everyone.

intruder alert - Welcome aboard! Thanks for taking the time to comment. Next moves will be apparent before long ;) .

Patience is golden, but I'm like a junkie waiting for my fix!!! After that awesome last update I need another..

Standing by and waiting patiently.........but barely.......hahaha

KLorberau

KLorberau said:
Patience is golden, but I'm like a junkie waiting for my fix!!! After that awesome last update I need another..

Standing by and waiting patiently.........but barely.......hahaha

KLorberau

+1 here. I am also eagerly awaiting an update. I have been rereading some parts of this AAR and I have to say that there is an excellent attention to detail. I especially like updates with Minister Schacht. Where did you get the information for Schacht?

TheHyphenated1 said:
Many apologies for the extended delay, brought on by all sorts of factors that I'll not trouble you with. :eek:o :eek:o

Tomorrow should be the big day for III:VIII and with a little luck the next one should be out fairly hot on its heels.

Thanks for your patience everyone.
My patience is not unlimited. :mad: