• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Very nice. Is the approach to Riemst picture really Riemst too, then?

Great story...just keeps getting better and better......Hard to believe that the Frenchies would actually make the Wehrmacht retreat.....but alas, the Lt is young and inexperienced......

Let's see how Adolf and his cronies get out of this invasion of the Fatherland........

KLorberau

If some AMR 35 make them run, when the French use the Char Bis...

Better to think that the Panzerwaffe would put a remedy to that... :D

Kurt_Steiner said:
If some AMR 35 make them run, when the French use the Char Bis...

Better to think that the Panzerwaffe would put a remedy to that... :D

At that time they probably are limited to the three Panzer I equipped Divisions they have in January 1936. These things are not much use against real Tanks.

trekaddict said:
At that time they probably are limited to the three Panzer I equipped Divisions they have in January 1936. These things are not much use against real Tanks.

Gosh, I forgot that point. Adolf, awake! Er... Guderian, awake! :D

Kurt_Steiner said:
Gosh, I forgot that point. Adolf, awake! Er... Guderian, awake! :D

All hail Guderian!

OT: I really have to get my hands on his book at some point.

Defeatists! Each and every one of you!

Very soon now, our factories will complete their production orders of tens of thousands of new jet aircraft, heavy tanks, assault rifles, and jetpacks! The French incursions into German territory have occurred because it is all part of our Fuehrer's cunning plan to catch the invaders off guard and CRUSH them!

Our troops are not retreating; they are luring the vile French attackers into carefully laid out traps- it will be their doom!

The Reich shall stand a thousand years! Nothing will stop Der Fuehrer!

[/goebbels]

dublish said:
Defeatists! Each and every one of you!

Very soon now, our factories will complete their production orders of tens of thousands of new jet aircraft, heavy tanks, assault rifles, and jetpacks! The French incursions into German territory have occurred because it is all part of our Fuehrer's cunning plan to catch the invaders off guard and CRUSH them!

Our troops are not retreating; they are luring the vile French attackers into carefully laid out traps- it will be their doom!

The Reich shall stand a thousand years! Nothing will stop Der Fuehrer!

[/goebbels]

Sings:

When Britain first at Heav'n's command
Arose from out the azure main;
Arose, arose, arose from out the azure main;
This was the charter, the charter of the land,
And guardian angels sang this strain:
Rule, Britannia! Britannia, rule the waves!
Britons never, never,* never shall be slaves!
Rule, Britannia! Britannia, rule the waves!
Britons never, never,* never shall be slaves!

:p

Good move to fall back...our favorite Leutnant will definitely need to find some artillery...somewhere...to deal with the French armor.

I loved the 'description' of the officer...great moment!

TheExecuter

stnylan - Indeed. A key point (which ties into Ironhewer's comment) is that unlike that of May 1940 in our own timeline, the April 1936 Wehrmacht has seen very little combat, as most men (Johann Mahler included) neither saw nor shot at any live Belgians.

Ironhewer - Ahem. Thank you :D . An excellent point. It now will fall (as the Nazis will say again and again) to the valor of the German Soldier to win the day.

trekaddict (1) - You still can ;) .

English Patriot - Thank you and thank you! It certainly does not bode well for Germany. Especially that whole firing-your-Kar98k-at-a-tank thing... tactics will need to change :rofl: .

SeleucidRex - Thanks! The Riemst picture is actually the fields outside Riemst. As I recall, though, I deduced from the modern landscape shown in Google Earth that it shows a somewhat different angle than the one Mahler took in 1936.

KLorberau - :D ! Glad to see you still enjoying it! The actions of Hitler and his cronies will be covered soon!

Kurt_Steiner (1) - Indeed! From the point of view of soldiers without even many hand grenades, 10mm of armor might as well be 100 ;) .

trekaddict (2) - That is correct.

Kurt_Steiner (2), trekaddict (3) - He's awake, and commanding 2nd Panzer Div. at the moment!

dublish - :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

trekaddict (4) - Just imagine the footnotes Hitler wants to add to those asterisks!

EDIT: TheExecuter - Aye. And the whole fog of war issue makes things immensely difficult for the company. As we shall soon see, that little engangement might not work out too badly for Germany after all ;).

As for Althaus' commentary (which I take it you are referring to), thank you, but I cannot take full credit -- he just talks in my head and I write it down ;) .

Last edited:
Ulm fell? I wonder if the Beobachter will bother to print a correction in the next edition.

Print a correction? The Völkischer Beobachter? That bastion of journalistic integrity?

:rofl:

'Free Belgium'?! :rofl:

With that out of the way...where exactly is Ulm...and Tournai...time to break out the map and see where French forces and artillery are...

Nice...
TheExecuter

TheExecuter said:
'Free Belgium'?! :rofl:

With that out of the way...where exactly is Ulm...and Tournai...time to break out the map and see where French forces and artillery are...

Nice...
TheExecuter

There.

TheExecuter - Thanks. trekaddict has kindly provided a map. Ulm is what he circled, and Tournai is just off the left side of the map near the French border. Rather close to Herseaux, actually.

trekaddict - Thanks for providing that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread re-opened.

There was a problem with the most recent update in that it inadvertently contravened forum rules. I believe TheHyphenated1 will repost in due course. I have also deleted or edited comments and replies as necessary.

Please do not comment on this in public thread. If you have any queries, please send me a PM.

Hello all,

I have been in communication with stnylan about the recent issue with the thread. Everything is alright, and we have discussed the matter that was of concern. I will speak to stnylan further soon, and will repost Chapter II, Part XVI as soon as the sensitive areas are fully clarified. Chapter II, Part XVII can be expected soon after that.

As he said, any queries should be directed to him by PM.

Apologies for the disturbance, and I hope this can soon be fully resolved. Thank you for your patience.

TheHyphenated1

In the mean time, I'll open it up to reader participation with our fourth RPTTISHFANF!

The war in Belgium was short and easy for Germany, bolstering support for Hitler. Now that Germany faces war on terms not of its own choosing, how do you think the resistance movement will be affected?

I look forward to your replies!

I would guess that those whoe give their half-hearted support to Hitler would turn into despair now the French "hordes" rush into Germany, so there may be a flow of "volunteers" to the Widerstand.

The more staunch Nazis will reimain loyal and I guess that if some kind of lowering in the support standars appear, some kind of "purges" a là 1934 may happen, don't you think?

Ive been reading the history lately, and if that's true, some of the higher generals might consider a coup.

looking forward to the update.