+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 96 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 36 61 86 ... LastLast

Thread: Weltkriegschaft

Pantomacatalasecesionanis ta

Blog Entries
    If I could only name the trick on Hitler's speech... I'm sure that he wants peace in the same degree I love my mother in law.

Excellent narrative skills, TheHyphenated1. Congrats for an outstanding AAR.
    Fan número uno de Ailee para el resto de la eternidad y un poco más.
    "Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.
    Palo Dixit redux: Escatológico bipolar

AARs en curso o acabados -Ongoing and finished HoI2 AARs-
    WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Confesiones clandestinas: El baile del hombrepanda [Actualizado 11/04/2014]

Major
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Semper Fi

you are writing very well, a great story! Hitler seems a reasonable and peaceful man eh? But deep are the bowels of hell....

All the best!

Well, if there is going to be peace in Europe, this AAR will suck.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by diziziz
    Well, if there is going to be peace in Europe, this AAR will suck.
    The day I see a peaceful AAR you will be the next Nobel Prize, so don't worry about it .

At this pace, we are going to need to create the Award for the most Enthusiastically negative Fan.
    "Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.

WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Confesiones clandestinas: El baile del hombrepanda [Actualizado 11/04/2014]

Ah, only start to worry about the maniacs when they begin talking sense. That's when they're the most dangerous.

Great update.
    "Do you have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something at somepoint in your life."
    -Sir Winston Churchill, KG, OM, CH, TD, FRS, PC

Perfection, of a kind, was what he was after,
    And the poetry he invented was easy to understand;
    He knew human folly like the back of his hand,
    And was greatly interested in armies and fleets;
    When he laughed, respectable senators burst with laughter,
    And when he cried the little children died in the streets.
    -Epitaph on a Tyrant by W. H. Auden

i make trekaddict's face, only even wider. hopefully most people won't fall for this, but i doubt it.
    "The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat."

-- Albert Einstein

Iron Cross 1st Class (Weltkriegschaft)

I'm hoping to start writing a narrative AAR of my own sometime soon. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by trekaddict
    A reasonable Hitler...
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled...

I think Hitler's speech might be enough to placate Baldwin's government (though I imagine a few upheavals in the British hierarchy might be forthcoming), but the firebreathers in Paris aren't going to go along with it. They've spent too much effort guarding against a resurgent Germany by building the Maginot Line, signing the 1935 agreement with the Soviets, etc. to let the Belgium incident slide. They're probably scrambling to find a way to turn the situation to their advantage, though it will obviously be a futile effort.

Can't wait for the next update.

trekaddict - If Hitler stays reasonable for too long, a flying pig might just swoop into the Berghof and eat him .

Kurt_Steiner (1) - Thank you, sir . You are my most prolific commenter. Help yourself to an honorary Iron Cross.

BoemsiBoemsie - Glad you enjoy it! Thanks for reading and commenting.

diziziz, Kurt_Steiner (2) - Don't book your tickets to Stockholm yet, diziziz -- plenty of mayhem is in store .

Ironhewer - Excellent observation, and thank you.

SeleucidRex - That shall be seen soon!

dublish - Thanks! Chapter II begins tomorrow.
    Weltkriegschaft
    The Alternate History of the Third Reich

HoI1/2/3 Favorite Narrative AAR: Q1 2008 & Q3 2008 & Q2 2009, Best Character Writer of the Week: 18/5/08 & 10/11/08
    Weekly AAR Showcase: 12/10/08, WritAAR of the Week: 05/08/08,
    Canonized on 08-06-08

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Great update.....To think that Hitler might fool the world is only history as it really happened ....."Peace in our time" comes to mind.....

He appears to be trying to capture the world press on his side....and may well succeed...Just like today, he who controls the press controls thought.....and like Goebbels used to say, "Tell a big enough lie and it becomes the truth."

Keep up the nice work. I'm really enjoying this...

KLorberau
    Bessie Braddock: “Sir, you are drunk.”
    Churchill: “Madam, you are ugly. In the morning, I shall be sober.”

PM Winston Churchill

Fan of the Week November 14, 2012
    Fan of the Week. April 8, 2013

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHyphenated1
    Kurt_Steiner (1) - Thank you, sir . You are my most prolific commenter. Help yourself to an honorary Iron Cross.
    Zu Befehl, herr Leutnant! A suggestion... any kind of news about Spain?

"Look behind you Mr Caesar !" Atlantic Friend's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyDiplomacyHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    Victoria 2

At my favorite pub, swirling AAR ideas around...
    "LAST DEMAND, REALLY !", HITLER SAYS
    In Unrelated Deal, Germany Proposes Western Powers Seafront Property in Kansas

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2

Okay, That is a clever ruse to make the blame on the other powers. I do not believe that this will succeed. I still think that the Belgian incident will not slide....

Waiting for more.
    Alpha et Omega.
    Fan of the Week Oct, 2005

Member of TOP (The Order of the Paradox, a Cybernations based alliance.)

It was actually not Goebels who used that exact phrasing, but instead comes from the OSS psych profile of Hitler which read:

People will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it.
    "Do you have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something at somepoint in your life."

Does anyone know whether this is TheHyphenated1's first AAR? If so, I want to nominate him for the Best New Writer Award at the AARland Choice AARwards here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...7&page=1&pp=20

:-) Jesper
    What does this button do? - a Semper Fi gameplay AAR (Germany, 1936) - World War II accidentally started on June 1, 1938 (dead)
    Turning Point: STALINGRAD - a 1942 campaign gameplay AAR here - the war begins on page 13! (dead)
    A World in Flames - an international DDA 1.1 1936 AAR Index in the first post (dead)

"You mean now we can't say 'Hello, we're French spies' to strangers on the street like we used to?"
    - Furstner in The Popular Front by Prufrock451

Quote Originally Posted by Commander-DK
    Does anyone know whether this is TheHyphenated1's first AAR? If so, I want to nominate him for the Best New Writer Award at the AARland Choice AARwards here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...7&page=1&pp=20

He only joined the forum last month, which (coincidentally) was when this AAR started. I therefore have the sneaking suspicion that it's his first AAR.

Quote Originally Posted by dublish
    He only joined the forum last month, which (coincidentally) was when this AAR started. I therefore have the sneaking suspicion that it's his first AAR.
    Thank you for not saying "Elementary, my dear Watson"

What does this button do? - a Semper Fi gameplay AAR (Germany, 1936) - World War II accidentally started on June 1, 1938 (dead)
    Turning Point: STALINGRAD - a 1942 campaign gameplay AAR here - the war begins on page 13! (dead)
    A World in Flames - an international DDA 1.1 1936 AAR Index in the first post (dead)

"You mean now we can't say 'Hello, we're French spies' to strangers on the street like we used to?"
    - Furstner in The Popular Front by Prufrock451

Europa Universalis 3

Shuttling back and forth between work and that someone special...
    Hmmm...the speech sounds very much like a typical Hitler speech. Hyphenated, have you been reading his speeches? If so, bravo...I think you were able to capture his general literary style.

For all those thinking that speech was reasonable and logical... I fear for Europe!

TheExecuter
    The Last Mission A Love Story

There is no way to peace along the way of safety. For peace must be dared, it is itself the great venture and can never be safe. Peace is the opposite of security. To demand guarantees is to want to protect oneself. Peace means giving oneself completely to God's commandment, wanting no security, but in faith and obedience laying the destiny of the nations in the hand of almighty God, not trying to direct it for selfish purposes. Battles are won, not with weapons, but with God. They are won when the way leads to the cross.

KLorberau - Thank you very much!

Kurt_Steiner - Spain remains fairly stable, but if and when things flare up, that will be covered.

Atlantic Friend -

Deus - One bet for "will not slide". *notes in ledger*

Ironhewer - OSS had a lot of insight into the man. It remains to be seen whether they will have it here .

Commander-DK (1 & 2), dublish - Thank you! This is indeed my very first AAR. *wipes moisture from behind ears*

TheExecuter - I have been indeed.
    Weltkriegschaft
    The Alternate History of the Third Reich

HoI1/2/3 Favorite Narrative AAR: Q1 2008 & Q3 2008 & Q2 2009, Best Character Writer of the Week: 18/5/08 & 10/11/08
    Weekly AAR Showcase: 12/10/08, WritAAR of the Week: 05/08/08,
    Canonized on 08-06-08

Quote Originally Posted by TheHyphenated1
    Commander-DK (1 & 2), dublish - Thank you! This is indeed my very first AAR. *wipes moisture from behind ears*
    And a very nice first it is. It's the kind of AAR I would have wanted to write, but I'm too much of a perfectionist when it comes to this type of thing. Keep up the good work.

Well, one of the reasons OSS had such a good insight into Hitler was that Ernst Hafstangel, one of Hitler's closest confidante's and advisors, defected to the USA in '37 or '38.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 96 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 36 61 86 ... LastLast