• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If I could only name the trick on Hitler's speech... I'm sure that he wants peace in the same degree I love my mother in law. :D

Excellent narrative skills, TheHyphenated1. Congrats for an outstanding AAR.

diziziz said:
Well, if there is going to be peace in Europe, this AAR will suck.

The day I see a peaceful AAR you will be the next Nobel Prize, so don't worry about it :D .

At this pace, we are going to need to create the Award for the most Enthusiastically negative Fan. :D

Ah, only start to worry about the maniacs when they begin talking sense. That's when they're the most dangerous.

Great update.

i make trekaddict's face, only even wider. hopefully most people won't fall for this, but i doubt it.

trekaddict said:
A reasonable Hitler... :eek:
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled... ;)

I think Hitler's speech might be enough to placate Baldwin's government (though I imagine a few upheavals in the British hierarchy might be forthcoming), but the firebreathers in Paris aren't going to go along with it. They've spent too much effort guarding against a resurgent Germany by building the Maginot Line, signing the 1935 agreement with the Soviets, etc. to let the Belgium incident slide. They're probably scrambling to find a way to turn the situation to their advantage, though it will obviously be a futile effort.

Can't wait for the next update.

trekaddict - If Hitler stays reasonable for too long, a flying pig might just swoop into the Berghof and eat him :rofl: .

Kurt_Steiner (1) - Thank you, sir :) . You are my most prolific commenter. Help yourself to an honorary Iron Cross.

BoemsiBoemsie - Glad you enjoy it! Thanks for reading and commenting.

diziziz, Kurt_Steiner (2) - Don't book your tickets to Stockholm yet, diziziz -- plenty of mayhem is in store ;) .

Ironhewer - Excellent observation, and thank you.

SeleucidRex - That shall be seen soon!

dublish - Thanks! Chapter II begins tomorrow.

Great update.....To think that Hitler might fool the world is only history as it really happened ....."Peace in our time" comes to mind.....

He appears to be trying to capture the world press on his side....and may well succeed...Just like today, he who controls the press controls thought.....and like Goebbels used to say, "Tell a big enough lie and it becomes the truth."

Keep up the nice work. I'm really enjoying this...

KLorberau

TheHyphenated1 said:
Kurt_Steiner (1) - Thank you, sir :) . You are my most prolific commenter. Help yourself to an honorary Iron Cross.

Zu Befehl, herr Leutnant! A suggestion... any kind of news about Spain? :D

It was actually not Goebels who used that exact phrasing, but instead comes from the OSS psych profile of Hitler which read:

People will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it.

Hmmm...the speech sounds very much like a typical Hitler speech. Hyphenated, have you been reading his speeches? If so, bravo...I think you were able to capture his general literary style.

For all those thinking that speech was reasonable and logical... :eek: I fear for Europe!

TheExecuter

KLorberau - Thank you very much!

Kurt_Steiner - Spain remains fairly stable, but if and when things flare up, that will be covered.

Atlantic Friend - :rofl:

Deus - One bet for "will not slide". *notes in ledger*

Ironhewer - OSS had a lot of insight into the man. It remains to be seen whether they will have it here :D .

Commander-DK (1 & 2), dublish - Thank you! This is indeed my very first AAR. *wipes moisture from behind ears*

TheExecuter - I have been indeed. :cool:

TheHyphenated1 said:
Commander-DK (1 & 2), dublish - Thank you! This is indeed my very first AAR. *wipes moisture from behind ears*
And a very nice first it is. It's the kind of AAR I would have wanted to write, but I'm too much of a perfectionist when it comes to this type of thing. Keep up the good work.

Well, one of the reasons OSS had such a good insight into Hitler was that Ernst Hafstangel, one of Hitler's closest confidante's and advisors, defected to the USA in '37 or '38.