• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Kurt_Steiner (1) - Heh.

El Pip (1) - Aha!

Enewald - Thank you very much, and welcome aboard! Six hours... You seem to win the stamina prize, sir!

Kuer_Steiner (2) - Luckily the Hood is safe and sound, serving with the Mediterranean Fleet.

El Pip (2) - Hopefully this isn't a reference to that starving dog exhibit... *grumblegrumblegrumble*

El Pip said:
I counter with a suitable Spanish failure, alas Spanish industry never progressed beyond new and inventive ways to be cruel to animals. :p
Really? You can't think of any armadas that might have failed suitably for your needs?

I can think of two just off the top of my head. Unfortunately, Hardraade didn't have the fortune to face either of them.

El Pip said:
I counter with a suitable Spanish failure, alas Spanish industry never progressed beyond new and inventive ways to be cruel to animals. :p

Caused by the weather, not by the English fleet :D Drake couldn't say the same when he visited Spain in 1589 and did even worse than Medina Sidonia :rofl:

Alàs, neither the English industry nor the Spamiard one are not advanced enough, at least in what bulls and foxes concerns.

dublish said:
Really? You can't think of any armadas that might have failed suitably for your needs?

I can think of two just off the top of my head. Unfortunately, Hardraade didn't have the fortune to face either of them.

I see that I must face ridicule both inside my own thread and out. I am depressed now.

Hardraade said:
I see that I must face ridicule both inside my own thread and out. I am depressed now.

It's because you are probably the only AuthAAR who ever got beaten by the RepSpa AI. :D

trekaddict said:
It's because you are probably the only AuthAAR who ever got beaten by the RepSpa AI. :D

I'm having enough trouble getting over it without the constant reminders. Can't you all just let me heal? ;)

Hardraade said:
I'm having enough trouble getting over it without the constant reminders. Can't you all just let me heal? ;)

No. It's too much fun.

trekaddict said:
No. It's too much fun.

Alright then. I see how it is. Remember, though, that it could happen to you one day. Who am I kidding? I'm probably the only one that it's EVER going to happen to. :(

Hardraade said:
Alright then. I see how it is. Remember, though, that it could happen to you one day. Who am I kidding? I'm probably the only one that it's EVER going to happen to. :(

Rest assured you are not the only one who suffers humiliating defeats, in fact one day in my own AAR the Germans will sink....*slaps own mouth* shit.... I am doomed. :( :eek:

:p

Hardraade said:

I see that I'm the only one not to mention this black chapter of Hardraade's AAR life.

At least you've not been betrayed by the events that you prepared to your own AAR and misfired in the most wonderful way. I know a bit about this. :rofl:

trekaddict said:
Rest assured you are not the only one who suffers humiliating defeats, in fact one day in my own AAR the Germans will sink....*slaps own mouth* shit.... I am doomed. :( :eek:

:p

*getting an endless source of popcorns and Petipizzas*

Eagerly waiting... :D

And I truly do appreciate it, Kurt.
I too am eagerly awaiting the revelation of what trekaddict was referring to. Not because I would take any pleasure in his misfortune, though. No, not me.

Kurt_Steiner said:
*getting an endless source of popcorns and Petipizzas*

Eagerly waiting... :D

It's not so much what happened but rather how and why it happened. But then again the immediate aftermath gave me a killer opportunity for a story line... :D

Hardraade said:
I too am eagerly awaiting the revelation of what trekaddict was referring to. Not because I would take any pleasure in his misfortune, though. No, not me.
Neither am I. I am waiting for entirely different reasons, alas I cannot remember what they are at the moment, but they are almost certainly entirely different. Probably. ;)

First you will ridicule me for being so stupid, then you your hearts will bleed for *peeep* and then you will agree with me that the opportunities are great, a blessing in a very good disguise if you will.

Good job on an AAR very well done TheHyphenated1. I came upon this AAR a couple of days ago and must say its got an interesting storyline. The style in which you present it makes me feel like I am almost there in person. So keep up the good work.

Hardraade said:

I must confess that I do not join the group that enjoys linching you because I never remember that particular Spamish incident. Anyway, I have my own stupid mistake -having my capital (Barcelona, by the way) conquered by the Frenchies while I was busing plundering Spain)-, and I'm too busy laughing at myself, I must add. :rofl: :rofl:

Hello all,

I've just posted a little bonus feature about Germany's intelligence service, at gaiasabre11's request, as my speech for Best Character Writer of the Week . Take a look if so inclined :) .

III:IX is not far off!

Last edited:
Kurt_Steiner said:
I must confess that I do not join the group that enjoys linching you because I never remember that particular Spamish incident. Anyway, I have my own stupid mistake -having my capital (Barcelona, by the way) conquered by the Frenchies while I was busing plundering Spain)-, and I'm too busy laughing at myself, I must add. :rofl: :rofl:

From your War Path AAR I presume? I just started reading that and am enjoying it so far. Right now I'm reading the back story and haven't gotten to actual gameplay yet. Guess that was a bit of a spoiler for me. ;)

As to that next update TH1: Can't wait for it!

TheHyphenated1 said:
I've just posted a little bonus feature about Germany's intelligence service, at gaiasabre11's request, as my speech for Best Character Writer of the Week . Take a look if so inclined :) .
That makes it seem like Geier was introduced a while ago. I'm a bit embarrassed that I don't remember him... Was he the one who dug up the bit about a French spy within the SS?