• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(81979)

Cisár všetkých Slovákov
5 Badges
Aug 10, 2007
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Pillars of Eternity
Well, here goes my first AAR attempt!

In the begining, there was nothing.Then, a bunch of years later was a struggling nation scared by the thought of Chineese invasion. Thus it is: Myanmar, 1419.

Chapter 1, 1419-1422
Chapter 2, 1422-1428
Chapter 3, 1428-1433

DUE TO MAJOR FILE DAMAGE, THIS AAR WILL NOT CONTINUE.YOU MAY NOW WEEP.

Last edited:
Chapter 1, 1419-1422

ScreenSave2.jpg

Thus it begins.The main goal of this AAR is survival. That's basically it.
ScreenSave3.jpg

The best way to do that, me thinks, is to establish a good religious tolerance for our dear friends (right...)

ScreenSave4.jpg

Oh! What's this! a slightly larger power guarantees my independence! Now nothing can go wrong!

ScreenSave5.jpg

I see I spoke too soon...

ScreenSave6.jpg

The war did very little in the way of battle, just small Tangauian regiments attacking our slightly larger one.

ScreenSave7.jpg

More suicidal Tangaus...

ScreenSave7.jpg

After many months, we get a break and manage to push into their capitol for a bit of a siege, until...

ScreenSave7.jpg

ScreenSave10.jpg

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?! I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS (sort of...) Well, thats just great...

Join me next time as I take down yet another nation. All hail Myanmar!

Last edited:
Chapter 2, 1422-1428

u20.jpg

To survive, I quickly make peace a white peace with Tangau.

u21.jpg

The great battle of Mandalay occurs, giving us well deserved victory over those brutes.Things seemed to be moving along well, we were still regrouping when...

u22.jpg

Bam! Another war-declarer. Ouch...

u23.jpg

I decided to take the oppertunity, and attack their capitol.

u24.jpg

Which worked out rather well...

u25.jpg

Rather than being swallowed wholesale, I decided to lose 75 ducats in exchange for peace with Arakan.

u26.jpg

What? Somebody likes us? You bet I'll be your Ally!

u27.jpg

Finally, Assam falls and is duly annexed, because they have a different religion, but our religion oin their one province. So much for religious tolerance!

u28.jpg

After a few years of peace, we finally get a good technology.

u29.jpg

WHEE! TAXCOLLECTORS FOR ALL!

Join me next time, as I attempt to tremble with dignity In China's Shadow, a Myanmar AAR!

Last edited:
That looked a bit dangerous. Good thing it wasn't. :D

Lofman -Very happy! I think they were busy with Manchu at the moment, however.

likk9922I- I was so happy when Arakan accepted a peace, otherwise they would have crushed me!

Update soon in appearence.

Chapter 3, 1428-1433

With the wars over, and the taxcollectors being bulit, I shifted my focus...

a8.jpg

...to trade. I sent 6 merchants to the only market I know exists. I continued Trading until I rember...

a1.jpg

Our treaty with Arakan and Tangau is up in just a few weeks hooray!

a2.jpg

And just like clockwork, they declare war on me! Whoopie! Fortunately, our valiant Ally Cambodia agreed to join us (fat lot of good they'll do)

a3.jpg

Two things happen this day, we get to build level 2 fortresses, and Aythutta declares war against Tangau, along with several other nations. I dn't have to worry about them for much longer.

a4.jpg

With Tangau nearly finished, they accepted a white peace from the most benevolent Myanmar government.

Around this time Arakan brings Bengal into the fray, and after a year of fighting, the front line is stabilized in early 1432

a5.jpg

All is quite on the Northern Front.

After another year and a half of fighting, I managed to capture all of Arakan, and forced them to:

1. Be my vassal
2. Give me Chin
3. Pay ore mney than they make in 7 years

a6.jpg

Finally!

a7.jpg

With the sare cash from Arakan, I am now trying to convert the hindus in Shan. Wish me luck!

Join me next time for another trembling episode of In China's Shadow, a Myanmar AAR!

Looks good, I haven't been reading EU2 AARs in a year (apart from DoW's Golden Horde) and now this is the third one in a week, more please!

Did Taungu make it out of their other war alive and if so how long before they come calling again?

PrawnStar-I know! I was hoping for less competition... :p Tangau made major monetary concessions and gave up military acess as well. Strangely, no Annexations or vassilizations. Because I am updating as I play, I can guess that Tangau is not a threat to the Myanmar state, for now.

Update soon