The Grand "How Do I Get Immigration" Megathread (was : 1001th Immigration Thread)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, probably.

Garra-Ush said:
And if I divide the state of La Rioja into three new states, would that make a change?

it will help some. split it so that you have say La Rioja and Salta states, and make BA state the one with most provinces.

Garra-Ush said:
How can I make inmigrants to go to Buenos Aires state instead of La Rioja when I'm playing with Argentina?

Oi,
Split POPs in La Rioja. Don't expand RGO. Really quickly you'll have 5/5 and your immigrants will go to Buenos Aires. When they fill RGOs in Beunos they will go to Salta (state on board with Bolivia) and later to 'lumber' state on Paraguay board.
I filled almost all states in Argentina. Sadly, Corrientes with its 5.0 RGOs is filled as one of the last.

ninjaska said:
Oi,
Split POPs in La Rioja. Don't expand RGO. Really quickly you'll have 5/5 and your immigrants will go to Buenos Aires. When they fill RGOs in Beunos they will go to Salta (state on board with Bolivia) and later to 'lumber' state on Paraguay board.
I filled almost all states in Argentina. Sadly, Corrientes with its 5.0 RGOs is filled as one of the last.
Nononono! Much too simple. We must mod the game to our tastes, not play within the game structure. You make things too haaaaaaaard. :D

(I'm only joking around. Peace!)
joking.gif

ninjaska said:
Oi,

I can't wait till they get 5/5. I need it quicklier.

How do you get your pop's moving from one part of your country to another? :confused:

I was playing Belgium, and I had lots of free spaces in both mining/timber RGO's and factories in Wallonia and Luxembourg. I closed the RGO's in Vlaanderen, educated craftsmen, but no one came :eek: . Instead I got a small influx of clerks, who couldn' get a job in the south because of too many craftsmen, and now they seem to be moving from one wallonian province to another :confused: :confused:

(I waited something like two years, maybe that wasn't enough?)

Grenoble said:
How do you get your pop's moving from one part of your country to another? :confused:

I was playing Belgium, and I had lots of free spaces in both mining/timber RGO's and factories in Wallonia and Luxembourg. I closed the RGO's in Vlaanderen, educated craftsmen, but no one came :eek: . Instead I got a small influx of clerks, who couldn' get a job in the south because of too many craftsmen, and now they seem to be moving from one wallonian province to another :confused: :confused:

Closed RGO is still seen as job opportunity by POPs. You have to fill the RGO with workers to make other POPs see that there are no job opportunities. Otherwise they will see that that RGO will provide them with work and try to stay there or move there. And you better make the factories larger so immigrated factory workers will have job.

Gen. Skobelev said:
Closed RGO is still seen as job opportunity by POPs. You have to fill the RGO with workers to make other POPs see that there are no job opportunities. Otherwise they will see that that RGO will provide them with work and try to stay there or move there. And you better make the factories larger so immigrated factory workers will have job.

Wow didn't know that (stupid peasants :D ). Though it will take a veeeeery long time to fill an RGO... Unless there is a command in the vanilla game to split the POPs? Hope this also means that at some not-too-distant point the craftsmen will finally come... Thanks for the reply :)

Grenoble said:
Thanks again, just a quick question, will this pop splitter work with VIP0.45? I'm just going over the (not so simple) installation, wouldn't want to ruin it all :)

it should.

I'm playing a V:R game with the US. It's unmodded, and for some reason, I'm getting absolutely no migrants whatsoever. I get very rare and occasional drips and drabs of German immigrants, but very rarely.

I just don't know what I've done to horribly wrong. This is my third consecutive US game and all of them have this issue for some reason.

What is your plurality and what party do you have in power?

Admiral_Nelson said:
I'm playing a V:R game with the US. It's unmodded, and for some reason, I'm getting absolutely no migrants whatsoever. I get very rare and occasional drips and drabs of German immigrants, but very rarely.

I just don't know what I've done to horribly wrong. This is my third consecutive US game and all of them have this issue for some reason.

Yeah I have the same problem :wacko: . My plurality went up to something like 20%, then I developped some tech (think it was "ideological thought"), had a series of inventions with -5 plurality, now it's very low. I'm governed by the democrats, been like this for a while, am in 1855 and have lots of available jobs. Any idea what I should do?

playing vip 0.45, without revolutions.

Grenoble said:
Yeah I have the same problem :wacko: . My plurality went up to something like 20%, then I developped some tech (think it was "ideological thought"), had a series of inventions with -5 plurality, now it's very low.

This fires after idological thought is researched and you have conservative party in power. Get liberal party in power and you'll get bunch of +5 plurality events.

I'm governed by the democrats, been like this for a while, am in 1855 and have lots of available jobs. Any idea what I should do?

playing vip 0.45, without revolutions.

Get Republicans to power.

Admiral_Nelson said:
I've had everything from Republicans to Radicals (!) to Democrats in power. Even a short stint with the Nationalist Party and the immigration is basically unchanged.

For that you need to get your plurality up. And for that you need liberal party in power to get those events that increase plurality. Did you get any such events when there were liberals in the cabinet?

I'm just going to edit my savegame file and cut-and-paste pops from London and other British provinces with 5 million+ people and put them in places like Manitoba and Perth.

I guess I just made Britain too comfy for the plebs that they don't want to leave. :rofl:

Gen. Skobelev said:

To make sure I have this clear.

My situation in Brazil is that I was finally able to split 2 POPs in a province with coffee. I really, really need more workers in factories a few provinces away - so I converted 1 of the POPs to clerks and one to craftsmen. The RGO in their current province is NOT full.

They are both losing money at this point. I was, because of something elsewhere on this forum, hoping that when they ran out of money they would up stakes and head for a province that could offer them employment. They cannot work in an RGO, only a factory - so I was expecting them to head for a province with openings in a factory.

Is this not the correct line of thought on this? Why would they see the RGO (unfilled) as a potential source of employment when they can no longer work there?

UPDATE: Well this doesn't appear to work. Even though I have an unemployeed (unassigned) Clerks and craftsmen POPs in a province they are now either 1) holding a steady cash reserve with minor +/- flux or 2) gaining money (slowly).

How they do this when they don't have jobs is beyond me. It appears that I could convert all of my POPs in all provinces to Clerks, regardless of employment and get the increase in research without any ill effects. Oh, I forgot to mention that the militancy for both of the unassigned groups was 0.00 with a negative modifier.

Last edited: