• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Now if Genghis had legs would be a fast zombie or a slow zombie? And does he have a zombie horse, or GASP! a zombie bear! ZOMBIE BEAR CAVALRY! AAAAAAH!

(YEAH! NO uZBEKS!)

Well, I reckon that since Genghis is hungry for brains, he is a Russo-class zombie. If he had his lower extremities intact, he would therefore be completely capable of rapid animation.

:rofl: Hilarious AAR! Truly an excellent and original idea. I'll be following, no matter how long this takes to finish.

I played EU1 for years since the day it was released, but grew out of it with EU3 being released. Just couldn't catch my attention anymore, until now, that is.

Mangudai wants updates.

Mangudai said:
Mangudai wants updates.

Billy Bob wants updates too.

No excuses.

Deus - If only he had a lap to have it in :(

Lord E - Cool, looknig forward to war is a great trait.

coz1 - Hmmm, I good point I hadn't considered.

comagoosie - Maybe he'll just have more brains to compensate.

Snake IV - Cliche? I know, it really is. I might have known you'd point it out too ;). But well its an old game and I don't have a lot of time for AARs at the moment so I hope you don't mind. I promise my next shall be more original.

Chief Ragusa - Of course he could.

billy bob - Maybe he could be attached to a bear or horse, that'd be kind of cool.

Mangudai - But alas they are not intact and thus he has a permanent unfillable hole in his stomach.

Qorten - Good to see an EU1 player around. Not many of them.

Apologies to all for the long delay, university is busier than anticipated. However I will take a welcome break from work tomorrow to write this. I promise.

header.gif
Genghis was hungry. He was also alarmed. If there was one thing he really didn't like it was being hungry. And being alarmed too, well that was sheer un-living hell. His courtier were all keeping eyes firmly downcast lest they attract the Khan's foul mood in their direction. The last servant to bring out a serving of livers too cold for Genghis' taste had found himself brought out as the next dish.

Lack of brains was of course the reason for the Khan's hunger. But that should come as no surprise to any of you and instead let us look into the cause of his alarm.
10-trouble.png

Here it is
Ninety one thousand angry soldiers appearing out of the unknown and rampaging over a neighbour, even a hated one, is enough to send shivers down even the most dilapidated of spines. For one it presented a huge future threat to the Horde, secondly it limited the possible directions of brain acquisition expeditions. Only south to Astrakhan remained a viable direction to go.

Upon declaration of war Genghis tried what was an unconventional tactic for warfare. He did nothing (today we might refer to it as the French Strategy). Unlike modern applications of the method it was devastating. The Astrakhani's, eager for blood rushed into the Horde. And straight into winter. Sure enough in a few months the enemy's army was devastated and the Horde moved in to clean up. Genghis was sure to leave his generals detailed instructions on how to deal with the bodies they would come across and no doubt add to.
heads.png

How Genghis wished the bodies to be prepared - into handy snacks

11-captured.png
The rest of the war went like sundialwork (clocks of course not yet being invented). And soon all that remained was for Genghis to select what he wished to take from the war. Although the option for him to take the entire nation was open to him he decided he must remain conscious of his weight and opted instead for a smaller portion.
7-taken.png

Astrakhan surrenders half its lands

Has Zombie Genghis just invented frozen food? :D

91k is a huge army - I wonder how much was left by the time attrition had finished playing with it.

Zombie Genghis wants brainz I believe. Maybe take uzbek brains?

At least you're not the smallest fish in the pond now. In fact, just another war or two and it looks like you'll be back to the strength you started your last AAR at :D

Well, that's one way to make sure there are plenty of brains on the menu. ;)

That was one large army, but I am sure Genghis will be able to take care of it in the end, for now killing and eating his neighbours seems like a good way of passing time ;)

PrawnStar - He has I think. Take that Mr Birdseye. Not much was left fortunately.

comagoosie - Cavalry on plains with winter vs A.I. Its a bit unfair on them really.

Deus - Prosthetics could make Genghis rather a deadly figure to have around.

billy bob - I don't know if that can be done. However you may be happy to know that uzbeks are not included in this game. As should be the case.

Amob_m_s - Good point. I'm getting back there.

spl - Never played EU1? I recommend it as an interesting game, though EU2 does really improve without any drawbacks.

Chief Ragusa - Not just Astrakhanian brains though. ANy will do.

coz1 - War serves many purposes, or should that be dishes?

Lord E - Killing and eating neighbours is always a good thing.

demokratickid - It most certainly is. The menu choices just got a lot bigger.