• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I finally was able to read Chapter IX. Some interesting developments, as always. So Isaac Komnenos is still scheming, eh? I should have suspected as much. And now Frederica is en route to Jerusalem? Holy cow, this is going to get messy!

Announcement: Sorry for the delay. The update is coming, though real life has intervened yet again, this time in the form of prolonged migraines and a wedding in the family. I shall try to have it finished and posted some time early next week.

Also, as an aside, Chronicles has reached another milestone, namely 20 pages and 20,000 views! I hope that my next update will serve as a satisfactory celebration thereof.

And now for some replies:

@ VILenin: Yes, you are quite correct. It may indeed affect Outremer adversely, but perhaps not in the manner you might think. We shall have to wait and see the results. :)

@ canonized: We shall definitely have to wait and see about that. ;)

@ Cartimandua: Soon. :p Thanks for your continued support.

@ crusaderknight: Glad you're enjoying the AAR. Watch out now, you're on the verge of some major upheavals over the course of, oh, all of the next updates. :D

Last edited:
Just read Chapters X and XI. I'm getting concerned for Godfrey. Frederica is an unwholesome influence on the future King.

Guy has made some rather big mistakes as well, and it has cost him the life of his brother. Will he ever learn?

crusaderknight said:
Frederica is an unwholesome influence on the future King.

Oh yes... :D

Now, when are the adventures and misadventures of Freddy are going to return? I miss my mistress Sybilla a lot, too. :D

That Doge is terrifying. 100 years old and still (mostly) sane and wise. How'd he get that old anyway? How much spite does he have that he can live over century, simply to survive for his revenge?

And I'm wondering, in game terms, was he modded that way, or was it just an awesome fluke?

Necroed! :D

I for one still hold out hope for an update!

No worries, we've all had to deal w/ rl inspired delays before, as annoying as they might be. As long as it's coming back I'll keep waiting for more.

This AAR has been dead for a long time, but I just wanted to let everybody know that I've started a sequel.

Or rather a redux. What's the difference? I'm completely rebooting the story for CK2. The engine is so much more versatile, it allows me to do things I only dreamed of back in the days of this AAR.

So this time around, I’ll be telling a different tale. I want to tell the story of the Kingdom of Jerusalem without having to deal with that wretched Guy de Lusignan.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?587668-The-Chronicles-of-the-Golden-Cross-Redux
crusadercross5.jpg

Come check it out in the CK2 forums!​