• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Enewald said:
How soon? :confused:
I am desperate... I see only empty posts... :wacko:

Working on it right now...
Hope to have it done tonight or at least by tomorrow morning.

Some big stuff coming up for CotGC...

Okay, everybody! The big update is live. Just head back to the previous page and you'll see not just one, but two updates!

One is the long-awaited Episode XIII, and the other is a smaller "mini-update" with a special purpose. Make sure to read XIII first. ;)

I've also appropriately updated the Table of Contents.

Now I should announce that I'm going overseas for the next couple of weeks, so there won't be another Chronicles update until near the end of June at the soonest. Hopefully tonight's updates will be able to hold you over until then.

Also I should announce that Chronicles of the Golden Cross has just achieved another milestone, the so-called "apex of human achievement," namely 10000 views!

Thanks very much for reading my AAR, everyone. :D

Thus Passes Guy, Jackass and Lucky Sot.
Died as he lived. Face Down in a Chamberpot.

I'm hoping you'll give Godfrey some steel to back up that well developed sense of Justice. I like the guy despite his... huh... Wanderings. ;)

I'd say that was an appropriate ending for Guy de Lusignan - stabbed to death in the privy by an unknown hand - a hand that will likely remain unknown, considering the number of enemies this king made. Now to see what Godfrey will do, now that he is king-regnant?

Awwies... the king is dead, yay! :D

And maybe the new king must soon start searching for a new wife...? ;)

There are many areas outside the Kingdom waiting for conquering... a easy reign coming, unless a civil war.
Or Magnum Cartum.

I hope that Geoffrey is better king that his father. Jerusalem is going to need it.

Er... now that my Queen Sibylla has gotten rid of his husband...

How long since I can begin to court her? :D

Freedy, you come next, don't worry. :D

Kurt_Steiner said:
I hope that Geoffrey is better king that his father. Jerusalem is going to need it.

Er... now that my Queen Sibylla has gotten rid of his husband...

How long since I can begin to court her? :D

Freedy, you come next, don't worry. :D

kurt_steiner in another aar`?
You are allready everywhere with Peti. :p
And Sibylla is allready old you fool. ;)

Good writing. Sad it will be weeks for another update.

Does 'going overseas' mean going to Europe or going to Asia in this case?

On the whole it has to be said a successful reign. Just a shame about the manner of it's ending.

Wow, what turn of events! The assassination of the king, trials by an Inquisitor and the machinations of secret societies!

It seems Guy refused the Magna Carta just in time to maintain legitimacy to his son's succession, though I doubt that precludes the nobles from causing trouble.

Enewald said:
kurt_steiner in another aar`?
You are allready everywhere with Peti. :p
And Sibylla is allready old you fool. ;)

Is there any AAR where I'm not fooling around? :D

And Sibylla will never be old for this fool. :D

Wow , the best writing you've done yet ! I was gripped from start to finish . An explosive ending but also a tense beginning that set the stage . Now it's a whodunnit as well as an eerie complication building up on the side . Well done !

@ frigidmagi: I really couldn't have put it better myself! Guy surely won't be missed. As for Godfrey, don't worry. He's still young yet -- he's got plenty of time to come into his own. He's just had to outgrow his "follies of youth," that's all. ;)

@ General_BT: Indeed, a very appropriate death for a crappy guy, and very likely to remain unsolved. Who's going to step up and avenge his death after all? By the way, thanks for all your help and inspiration. I hope you enjoyed the reign summary tribute to you and thrashing mad. :)

@ Enewald: Hehe, I really doubt Godfrey will have an easy ride. We'll have to wait and see, but methinks there's a rough road ahead. And I think he's had more than his fill of new women in his life. He might just end up sticking with those he's familiar with...

@ Kurt_Steiner: I think I can guarantee that Godfrey will be a better King than Guy. It wouldn't take much, really. And Queen Sibylla? She's not "old" per se, though she is in her mid-to-late forties. Right now she's what they call a "cougar" in Hollywood -- a sexy older woman on the lookout for an unsuspecting younger man...

@ Qorten: Thanks! In this instance, "overseas" means Europe, specifically England. My wife and I are headed over there to visit my extended family for a couple weeks.

@ stnylan: Yes, Guy's reign was quite a success really, despite himself. No Kingdom-ending Battle of Hattin, no humiliation by Saladin, plus the creation of a prosperous dynasty. He may not have been the greatest king, but then when you compare him with his real life counterpart...

@ VILenin: Thanks! Things really have shaken up in Jerusalem, haven't they? We'll have to see if Godfrey is up for the challenge. I for one think he'll manage admirably, but then again, he is a Lusignan. :D

@ canonized: Thank you sir! As ever, you're too kind. I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I hope Chronicles will continue to tantalize and entertain in the future. :p

Admirable achievements in my eyes, lets hope the succession goes as smoothly as possible.

Excellent update and good luck!

@ English Patriot: Thank you very much! The succession will be going quite smoothly I think. There's still a strong Queen-Regnant to enforce Godfrey's succession after all. Sibylla's no pushover. It's what will happen after the succession that I would be worried about...

Last edited:
AlexanderPrimus said:
sibyllacandle.jpg

Excellent update... :eek: :D

AlexanderPrimus said:
@ Kurt_Steiner: I think I can guarantee that Godfrey will be a better King than Guy. It wouldn't take much, really. And Queen Sibylla? She's not "old" per se, though she is in her mid-to-late forties. Right now she's what they call a "cougar" in Hollywood -- a sexy older woman on the lookout for an unsuspecting younger man...

He'll be a good king provided he can keep himself away from Freddy's bed. Or Freddy's from his bed. :D

Kurt_Steiner said:
He'll be a good king provided he can keep himself away from Freddy's bed. Or Freddy's from his bed. :D

can he? :rofl:

Btw, alexanderprimus, mod Kurt Steiner into the save file and marry Sibylla to him. :p