+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Development Diary #14 - 7th of February 2008

Not really a fascist brony monsterfurby's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

"Character driven" and "civil wars" are two things I always wanted to read in a single sentence in this very forum
    And I like how the first screenshot reads "Our chief is an illiterate brute."
    Now I REALLY want this game!
    Last edited by monsterfurby; 10-03-2008 at 10:23.
    Public Service Announcement:
    "...this is still a free country and anyone telling a
    fellow like me "brother you're full of ****" better be
    good and ready to answer politely when asked if he'd care
    to say why!"

Resident Iranien Fanatic
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Gothmog
    ... now, if only the map could be expanded to the east...
    The map is very likely to be like a EU3 map, meaning anyone with drawing skills can change it. A full-map expansion change might take a while, but it will be done. And then people will likely proceed to crazier projects. Like EU:Rome set in the same timeline but focussion on China.

The possibilities are endless

Europa Universalis: Rome

I'm sure the map (and time frame) will expand considerably over the course of an expansion pack or two.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Rise of PrussiaEU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

945 (EU3, Michigan) in between palm and ring finger
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by White Daimon
    The map is very likely to be like a EU3 map, meaning anyone with drawing skills can change it. A full-map expansion change might take a while, but it will be done. And then people will likely proceed to crazier projects. Like EU:Rome set in the same timeline but focussion on China.

The possibilities are endless
    Though a totally different map wasn't possible with Eu3 and I don't believe it will be possible, either, in Eu:R
    EU3 Save Suite - your one stop shop for everything related to EU3 savegames.

I want you to contribute to great tools developed for Paradox. See this thread. Help with the parsing or with creating an EU4 Savegame editor

Think you're the best EU3 player? Check out the EU3 Hall of Fame
    Dealt: A polish colonel deals his last hand
    The Swiss Account: The average documentation of the stereotypical Swiss.
    "Cheese ages better than women but money is forever." - Davout
    EU3 Hurt and Heal Archive

Resident Iranien Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by comagoosie
    Though a totally different map wasn't possible with Eu3 and I don't believe it will be possible, either, in Eu:R
    I don´t own EU3 (slow PC ), but AFAIK theres a mapmod called MyMap or something like that, which creates a random world map. Is this not true?

I don´t own EU3 (slow PC ), but AFAIK theres a mapmod called MyMap or something like that, which creates a random world map. Is this not true?
    Heh you mix up things. MyMap is a map for EU2 which makes the map much better. There is a map maker for EU3 which makes random maps, but that's Random Map Generator.

Resident Iranien Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by cool-toxic
    Heh you mix up things. MyMap is a map for EU2 which makes the map much better. There is a map maker for EU3 which makes random maps, but that's Random Map Generator.
    Ohhh yeah, MyMap is the mapMod I use for my EU2 games And you say the map mod which generates a random map is called the random map generator? I would never have guessed......

BTW, cool new avatar

Ohhh yeah, MyMap is the mapMod I use for my EU2 games And you say the map mod which generates a random map is called the random map generator? I would never have guessed......

BTW, cool new avatar
    Hehe I had to look the name up I thought it was some latin name.

Thanks.

Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Just to throw in my coin in the naming nitpicking that was going on earlier, I might mention that hypaspist is pretty strange name for "militia" class infantry as it was elite formation in Alex's army. If Rome has to do with velites, wouldn't peltast be better term for successor militia?

Unless, of course militia just means light infantry and those "hypaspists" have statlines to make them go toe to toe with roman legionaries.

On more important note, I wonder if the eastern successors will face problems maintaining sufficient macedonian population to rise reliable troops from or will we just freely recruit our pezhetairoi from amongst random Syrians and Egyptians?

Some kind of system to represent the reliance on small Macedonian cadre and foreging mercenary settlers like Galatians would be dandy.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

How do light inf stand up against Legions which are mostly heavy?
    --From ..A book Bernard Cornwell's Vagabond.
    "...They tried to ambush the coin for my ransom, if you believe it! It was just envy, it seems, for he was poor."

"And now he's dead, my lord?" Thomas asked, amused.

"Dear me, no" his lordship said reprovingly, "he's in a very deep hole in the bottom of my keep. Deep down with the rats. I throw him coins every now and then to remind him why he's there."

Time of Reckoning: Of Diplomacy, Empire and Intrigue AAR Thread

MP IRC Channel for EU3

Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Snall
    How do light inf stand up against Legions which are mostly heavy?
    What I meant was that if those "hypaspists" *really* are hypaspists (as in elite royal bodyguard) then of course they should have quite high statline.

Naturally as it would be quite silly for all successor "militia" types to pwn other countries heavies, one would assume that these "hypaspists" are most likely not intended to be hypaspists and that they are called such cause there was a need to come up with a term for hellenistic military fromation that was "lighter" than phalanx (of course one could argue that marian legionaries were lighter than phalanx).

So my argument was not "Successor militia should kill everything" but "Call them something else than hypaspists, like peltasts".

Hypaspist.

There, i said it 6th time. Brings luck.

For The Glory

Blog Entries
    Ceaser isn't crossing the Rubicon - he's standing on it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7