• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, are there preset rebel factions for everyone? That screenshot showed us Roman Rebels, so are there faction-specific rebels for everyone? How does that work with the GFX? They just had a blue version of the Roman eagle, so how do other ones look? It would appear, then, that rebels during a civil war no longer just have the black & red rebel GFX, right?

Johan,

I hope there's a way to encourage or support foreign civil wars, particularly to sponsor foreign generals. It'd be fantastic in MP.

Otherwise, looks great.

HolisticGod said:
Johan,

I hope there's a way to encourage or support foreign civil wars, particularly to sponsor foreign generals. It'd be fantastic in MP.

Otherwise, looks great.
It would be very funny if you were Rome and wanted to torture a tiny germanic tribe. You could keep supporting rebels. the tribe would put them down. support some rebels. Watch them take em down. All the while their economy and their mapower suffer greatly. Then support some rebels...

After 20 years and you are finally bored, you could send one puny legion there and say, "I conquer you," and they would agree. :rofl:

comagoosie said:
It would be very funny if you were Rome and wanted to torture a tiny germanic tribe. You could keep supporting rebels. the tribe would put them down. support some rebels. Watch them take em down. All the while their economy and their mapower suffer greatly. Then support some rebels...

After 20 years and you are finally bored, you could send one puny legion there and say, "I conquer you," and they would agree. :rofl:
I don't know...I just want that in mp! I can finally take that Silktrader down!

Seelensturm said:
So when a renegade general declares a civil war from his home at Corsica, Carthago could simply intervene and steal the province which is rightfull mine, without the need to declare war on me?

I believe so, yes, although I hope that there will be events that deal with these issues.

Wow! I may have to break my tradition of waiting till the first patch and day this the day it comes out!

Panjer said:
I believe so, yes, although I hope that there will be events that deal with these issues.
Well, you just get a Casius Belli (I don't spell well in other languages) and can attack them after, heck it's actually useful, they help you put down the rebellion then you attack them at your leisure. ...of course I plan on taking advantage of attacking people's rebels...

Yeah, I don't think I will be able to wait even one day after this is released before I race to the store and grab it. This will be what I was hoping Pax Romana was destined to be. I absolutely love this era.

Last edited:
Sol Invictus said:

Yeah, I don't think I will be able to wait even one day after this is released before I race to the store and grab it. This will be what I was hoping Pax Roman was destined to be. I absolutely love this era.
who doesn't :D

go Roman-era fanboys!!

Johan said:
Now the civil wars themselves are very much character driven, as their loyalty shifts they will switch sides throughout the conflict. Wealthy characters will raise troops (loyal to themselves) or contribute to the treasury.

The bigger you are the more character you have to juggle, the more little problems that come up and ask yourself this do I want to use the incompetent but loyal general or the brilliant but disloyal?

I just noticed these two things... does that mean that certain characters will autonomously raise troops and join various sides (perhaps resulting in multi-cornered civil wars)? If that is the case, but they can only join in one side of a civil war, I am sure that modding so that multiple cornered civil wars (as happened regularly) are possible would not be too difficult.

And secondly, does that mean that martial values finally have an effect on battle outcomes?

Hey...it's Wednesday...where's my new diary?! Eat your spicy food and write my little programmer monkeys! mwhahaha...*cough* ..Ok then, thank you for your time.

Snall said:
Hey...it's Wednesday...where's my new diary?! Eat your spicy food and write my little programmer monkeys! mwhahaha...*cough* ..Ok then, thank you for your time.

The one last week was on a thursday