• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice!

Can only echo those before me. Civil wars seem awesome! (in a strictly game kinda way, off course ;) )

Radamanthus said:
Very good stuff, the game looks like its got a nice feel. I don't see what the problem with the word 'cohort' is; in this context it is just like the word 'regiment', a homogeneous military unit, only with a Roman flair.

Meh. Every major power in the HOI era had some for of "regiment" or "division" and called it as such: only Romans had cohorts. It certainly doesnt ruin the game by any means, but any chance barbarians could be called hordes or something?

Ivanelterrible said:
Meh. Every major power in the HOI era had some for of "regiment" or "division" and called it as such: only Romans had cohorts. It certainly doesnt ruin the game by any means, but any chance barbarians could be called hordes or something?
Warband would be IMO a more appropriate name. But a option to allow culture specific end army names would be cool :)

Ivanelterrible said:

Stop nitpicking. If it really bothers you that much edit out yourself.

Now, look, you made me drool again! :mad: :D

Johan said:
r_d.jpg

First : sorry for my english, I'm French.

My request concern the flag of Massalia.

It's not a circle, but a Lion ready to jump or a Artemis'' profile.

3,1.jpg

monaimassa.gif

KuzuX said:
I think massalia is not independent.it is controlled by someone else.Maybe a gaulic tribe?

May be... :confused:

mosquito said:
May be... :confused:

The unit that stands in the province is a Greek one, so I assume it is indeed Massilia and not controlled by a tribe. If it were, the unit would look like those barbarians.

Dominik said:
This single feature, civil war, sold the game to me! Up till now I wasn't very interested in this game...
Would have sold the game to me too, if I wasn't already convinced by earlier features. Civil wars are great!

This sounds much better than the civil wars in the other games. Hurrah!

This looks awesome!

Civil wars seems really interesting and great to have something to do after conquering all neighbours :).

barrabas said:
Please do something about the naming system of the armies and units. I know I will be able to change the names myself, but having to fight Gregoria's 5th Cohort and Cisalpina's 3rd Cohort in a Gallic 3rd Army, is annoying enough in itself. Besides, a 1000 men is too much for any unit called a cohort.

Yes, I now these are all generalisations to make the development of the game easier. But sincerely, I think it sucks (sorry about that). Please make an effort to provide a better army/unit names system, if not by nation then at least by culture. Or at least make it modable (which I think it wasn't in EUIII).

And what is GJC doing with principes and velites in his 3rd Army in a scenario that begins in 49 BC? A beta bug I presume.

Except for this and a few other things, I really look a forward to the release.
Thank you for making this game. I just wish it could be done a tiny bit better.

My thoughts exactly. Selucid or Gaulish Cohorts make my eyes bleed. Velites, Princeps after Marius make little historical sense. Unless of course there is an event the player chose to say no about this issue.
I know this might sound nit picking but there is something unholy in Caesar´s army being made of Avernian princeps or Trevian equites. Gaul has just fallen to rome and troops raised there would certainly not follow such naming. Culture and assimilation should have a say here. During this time Caesar only raised one "Gaulish" legion at the V Alaudae, but that was done in Transalpine Gaul which had been under roman control for over 150 years.

Question, how long would it take a stationary cohort to loose this veteran status?

All that said I have preordered the game already :D

Last edited: