• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you for update

Civil war sounds really cool feature. I have felt for long time that normal rebels cannot represent civil war factions well enough.

:drool:

The civil wars sound awesome! Thanks Johan and crew for neat pics.

Exiting! I'm glad my pre-order is in.

The civil war feature looks great, you'll actually get proper wars with characters taking sides and all. I can't wait.

Our chief is an illiterate brute
Great stuff. As distinct from the Roman ruler who were, in the main, literate brutes, I suppose :)

So, civil wars are only related to armies and the soldiers loyalty to generals? Do the rebellious generals have political goals (like land reform, curbing the aristocracy etc.)?

Thanks for the update,sounds very good to me.

Civil wars - great!

On a side note: I like the screenshots, but I don't see the point of zooming in so damn close. After all this is a game that isn't primarily about the graphics - zooming in that close and/or rotating the view so close to the horizon really limits the number of provinces seen at once, which is a huge disadvantage to any player who tries to play efficiently. Besides, the 3D models look better farther away.

Now, just gotta find room in my (economic and time)-budget to preorder the game. :)

*turns on fanboy-mode*

great new stuff, I'm really looking forward to playing as obscure barbarian tribes, and civil wars that are dynamic like that should be fun.

For whatever reason, I broke out in a fit of laughter when I read "Our Chief is an illiterate brute" at the bottom of the window in the first screen. I don't know if I could say why, but it gave me a laugh.

I am speechless, great update.

This was the best update so far, because it gave a greater insight on how the game handles characters, which will probably be the most intresting part of Rome IMO.

Whoa!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like a really detailed system. I can't wait to see how it actually works out in-game.

I'm at loss for words. This will easily be the BEST PARADOX GAME EVER MADE.

It officially went from "must buy" to "I NEED IT RIGHT NOW OR I'M GOING TO PUNCH A WHOLE IN MY FREAKING WALL!"

Experienced Cohorts is the best thing you could have told me. Johan must be reading my dreams.

This looks fantastic, really taking the not quite perfectly refined promise that were EUIII and CK and mixing them into one fantastic game. However, one tiny thing: barbarian cohorts is really bugging me.

Very good stuff, the game looks like its got a nice feel. I don't see what the problem with the word 'cohort' is; in this context it is just like the word 'regiment', a homogeneous military unit, only with a Roman flair.