+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Development Diary #14 - 7th of February 2008

This game looks perfect.

Thank you so much for keeping the updates going.

Crusader Kings IIVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Warlock 2: The Exiled

Thank you for update

Civil war sounds really cool feature. I have felt for long time that normal rebels cannot represent civil war factions well enough.

Admiral of the Fleet Shadow Knight's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: Rome

:drool:

The civil wars sound awesome! Thanks Johan and crew for neat pics.
    f.k.a. shdwknightx
    HOI:TGW
    HOI2: 1914

"When you have a hammer, all your problems begin to look like nails. However, when you don't have a hammer, you may begin to ignore anything that looks like a nail."

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Darkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandGalactic Assault
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Exiting! I'm glad my pre-order is in.
    "Sturm, Schwung, Wucht"
    "Cry ‘Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war." - Shakespeare, Julius Caesar Act III Scene I

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition500k club

The civil war feature looks great, you'll actually get proper wars with characters taking sides and all. I can't wait.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

Our chief is an illiterate brute
    Great stuff. As distinct from the Roman ruler who were, in the main, literate brutes, I suppose
    Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death .... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man. Bertrand Russell

So, civil wars are only related to armies and the soldiers loyalty to generals? Do the rebellious generals have political goals (like land reform, curbing the aristocracy etc.)?

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteEuropa Universalis: Rome

Wow, the game looks great. A perfect setting for the engine. I lost a little faith with EU3, but Rome will more than make up for it.

Dutch bike broker Graf Zeppelin's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultVictoria: RevolutionsMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcanePride of Nations500k club

Thanks for the update,sounds very good to me.
    You ask for steak, I bring you fish. You say that you think steak is better than fish. I say that fish is much more popular than steak so obviously it's better. You say that no matter how good the fish is it can't be better at being steak than the actual steak we used to serve. I say that's just your perception and you're entitled to it but you should accept that fish is the future and that's good. You begin to say something but I stab you in the eye with a fork and run into the kitchen.

Takeda retainer Demi Moderator Chaingun's Avatar
    EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIMagickaSupreme Ruler 2020Mount & Blade: Warband
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Blog Entries
    Civil wars - great!

On a side note: I like the screenshots, but I don't see the point of zooming in so damn close. After all this is a game that isn't primarily about the graphics - zooming in that close and/or rotating the view so close to the horizon really limits the number of provinces seen at once, which is a huge disadvantage to any player who tries to play efficiently. Besides, the 3D models look better farther away.

Now, just gotta find room in my (economic and time)-budget to preorder the game.
    W40k: Eternal Crusade!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Chaingun
    Now, just gotta find room in my (economic and time)-budget to preorder the game.
    How true. It's hard balancing between Paradox games and real life.

(Interim Avatar)
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome

*turns on fanboy-mode*

great new stuff, I'm really looking forward to playing as obscure barbarian tribes, and civil wars that are dynamic like that should be fun.
    The Ebony Cross and the Sacred Eagle (Ongoing)
    ---Favorite History-Book AAR, Eu3 (Q2 2008)
    ---Weekly AAR Showcase, 1/13/08
    Charter member of "The Warlord Club"

Awards:
    Fan of the Week: 3/4/07, 4/29/07, 6/18/07, 2/19/08, 4/11/08
    WritAAR of the Week: 5/20/07
    I was canonized! 4/21/07

My ink well thingy...

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

For whatever reason, I broke out in a fit of laughter when I read "Our Chief is an illiterate brute" at the bottom of the window in the first screen. I don't know if I could say why, but it gave me a laugh.
    Rowain
    Current Game: EU3 England/Great Britain
    Recently Completed: --
    Favourite Completed Game: AGCEEP Milan

AARs
    Home for Tea - Another tale of jolly old England

I am speechless, great update.
    All EU3 AARs: Unsung Ballads of Aquitaine (on hold, WritAAR of the Week, 3/3/8), Magna Mundi AAR: 2nd Minor French-Burgundian War

Some EU2 AARs: Give Unto Caesar What Is Caesar's - German Kingdom AAR (Weekly AAR Showcase, 12/12/3), Give Unto Caesar What Is Caesar's II - Roman Empire AAR, The Heirs of Caesars: Habsburg AAR, The AARt of War: Brandenburg 1617 Mini-AAR, The King and Queens of Spain AAR (WritAAR of the Week, 5/28/03), Sultans of Turkey AAR (lost pictures), Zaporozhian Host AAR, Decisive Campaigns and Battles AAR

Some EU1 AARs: The Thirty Years War: The Austrian AAR, Third Rome, The Lords of the Horizons: Portuguese AAR, Al-Andalus, English Timeline AAR

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3

This was the best update so far, because it gave a greater insight on how the game handles characters, which will probably be the most intresting part of Rome IMO.
    "Null, void, invalid, iniquitous, unjust, damnable, reprobate, inane, empty of meaning and effect for all time."
    -Pope Innocent X on religious tolerance

"I have a master's degree."
    -Everyone on the Internet

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    great screenshots
    The Memoirs of Santiago Nadal: A Mexico AAR
    The User Created Nations Mod: The only mod where you play with countries created by the EU3 community! Come and try it!

Europa Universalis III LibrAARian
    My Inkwell, in case you want to read one of my works or future projects.
    Every day with you girl is sweeter than the day before.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Whoa!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like a really detailed system. I can't wait to see how it actually works out in-game.

I'm at loss for words. This will easily be the BEST PARADOX GAME EVER MADE.

It officially went from "must buy" to "I NEED IT RIGHT NOW OR I'M GOING TO PUNCH A WHOLE IN MY FREAKING WALL!"

Experienced Cohorts is the best thing you could have told me. Johan must be reading my dreams.

This looks fantastic, really taking the not quite perfectly refined promise that were EUIII and CK and mixing them into one fantastic game. However, one tiny thing: barbarian cohorts is really bugging me.

Very good stuff, the game looks like its got a nice feel. I don't see what the problem with the word 'cohort' is; in this context it is just like the word 'regiment', a homogeneous military unit, only with a Roman flair.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast