• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Americans certainly are costing you precious time, a resource you can't afford to waste with the ever-growing threat of Communist menace.

Damn that sounds so intellectual.

DvD-IT said:
I have spotted some technical issues over the images hosted. Am currently fixing them while speaking.

Bitter fighting in Western Front - but can Germany really afford such a prolonged battle of attrition?

EvilSanta - If this were vanilla it'd be all another story. Battles would be over in a few hours and there would never be a standstill. I don't know if I am putting up a challenge too big for me as the overall result - Americans slowly pushed back, commies moving at an alarming rate - is always uncertain.

Karelian - Fortunately for Hausser, his divisions are almost untouched. Which makes things even more odd.

I should be posting this update tomorrow, but I don't know if I can access to the Internet or have any spare time at all tomorrow, so in doubt I completed this update today.

Bloody Revenge

1100 July 23rd 1944
South Bay of Biscaya

British commanders were not really bright. That very same transport flotilla that entered German-controlled waters five days ago would now venture into a new expedition.​

019-1-Transport.jpg

It is unknown whether that transport flotilla was carrying a division or not. Whatever the case, it was now one less transport flotilla for the Allies.​

1400 July 23rd 1944
5. Panzerarmee Headquarters, Orléans, France

July 23rd would mark the end of this tenacious battle fought in Orléans.​

019-2-Orlans.jpg

In the afternoon of that day, the American divisions were badly mauled and in no state of fighting his enemy. Four hours later, Montgomery would be totally humiliated: they had lost a battle, lost it badly, against Germany, in 1944.

Hausser decided he would not pursue the fleeing Americans for two or three days. There was still no way he could capture them as the provinces behind them would still be a challenge.​

1800 July 23rd 1944
The skies above Cherbourg

As the loss of Orléans and a huge quantity of men wasn't enough for the Allies, on that afternoon the Luftwaffe would score another victory against Allied aircraft.​

019-3-CherAir.jpg

The Luftwaffe was starting to show evident damage too, however.​

0400 July 26th 1944
5. Panzerarmee Headquarters, Orléans, France

Three days after the capitulation of Orléans, Hausser would proceed with his plan. He did not want to attack Le Mans, however, but Argentan, as many of the fleeing American divisions retreated on that province. In the end, he would still be able to perform two encirclements by capturing Avranches, after Argentan.​

019-4-OrlansWin.jpg

Many of the divisions defending Argentan were the same of the battle of Orléans. Still, the Americans had some few fresh divisions there; and those would probably make Argentan another long battle even against sheer German both numerical and qualitative superiority. The battle started well, however, with an early encirclement performed by the now experienced General Heissmeyer.​

0800 July 26th 1944
Eastern English Channel

American bombers still equated World to freedom of movement.​

019-5-EECAir.jpg

Luftwaffe would prove them wrong.​

2000 July 28th 1944
Eastern Front

It was a miracle that the Soviets had not attacked Zamosc yet. They preferred, however, exploiting the holes left by German forces. Przemysl was occupied days ago, and three divisions were hastily retrieved to defend Cracow and surrouind zones from a possible breakthrough.​

019-6-Premzyl.jpg

Now ninety-two divisions against twelve Soviet divisions would battle over this piece of land. They just had to hope the battles wouldn't be fought like those in France.​

1300 July 29th 1944
Western Front

The Battle of Argentan was still raging after three days. It was a paradoxal situation like the battle of Orléans, but this time it would be even more evident: in a few days, the attacking divisions and Luftwaffe bombers inflicted an enormous damage on men and materiél of the American divisions - and this was even more spectacular given the few days Luftwaffe bombers started bombing such forces; yet, they would still hold on forever.​

019-7-Argentan.jpg

Or, at least, till there was someone with a rifle able to shoot.​

The battles are much more cataclysmic in this mod. I like it ;) The Eastern Front now looks like a real muddy and freezing hell.

HKslan - Heissmeyer has no traits for now, but he acquired a bit of experience during the neverending battles against the Americans. He has Skill 4 - Exp 36.

Winner - Actually it doesn't happen so often that divisions lose so much manpower in a few weeks, even if in combat and under heavy air bombardment. Well yes, that happens, but I didn't think at that extent. American divisions have been pretty much mauled. What irritates me is that battles still take that long even when your enemy is left with ten bayonets and five amputees fighting it.

I wish the Eastern front could be muddy and frozen. Hell it will be for a few years for sure, but frozen would be a nice addition.

TiggyFiggy - An update will cover all Germany's stats from Fronts to Production and his allies' status. It is, anyway, pretty much centered on Reinforcements. Do remember there's a 20% IC penalty.

Lord Finnish - You are right. Oil, as this update is going to show now, is becoming a big concern. I'm not too much worried about it because... you'll find out in a couple days :)

Updateish.

Bloody Revenge

1900 July 30th 1944
Reichstag building, Berlin, Germany

Albert Speer was given a not so good report about certain stockpiles of the Third Reich. He forwarded it to Martin Bormann.​

020-1-NoOil.jpg

Von Ribbentrop could not bargain any deal with Germany's Balkan allies simply because he lacked funding to do so. With an operation ongoing in the West, this was not a good thing.​

0900 August 1st 1944
III. Panzerkorps Headquarters, Przemysl, Hungaria

020-2-PrzemyslMore1.jpg

More Soviet troops came to defend the province. Model's opinion was that his troops should have continued fighting, as it would keep the Soviets busy and would not let them exploit the evident gaps that were present in Heeresgruppe Mitte's area. But von Rundstedt and von Manstein were for a different idea, as they feared the Soviets would attack Zamosc and flank their own attack.

Model was perhaps right however, as the Soviets were now almost free to spread over.

020-3-CracowDefeat.jpg

On August 3rd, three lone divisions in Cracow were forced to retreat after few hours of battle against overwhelming odds.​

0000 August 4th 1944
Intelligence Department, Reichstag Building, Berlin

This was to be the first technological achievement after the deportation of Hitler. Messerschmitt's research department developed Turbojet Interceptors.​

020-4-Turbojet.jpg

Speer had of course no resources to exploit this good news and upgrade Luftwaffe's interceptor. Nevertheless, it was still good news and Kaltenbrunner forwarded it to Bormann.

As if he wasn't busy enough on the Eastern theatre, Guderian and his research team was commissioned a research on Advanced Logistics Organization.​

020-5-ALO.jpg

It looked like someone in the high departments was already thinking for a Barbarossa Zwei.​

0600 August 4th 1944
5. Panzerarmee Headquarters, Argentan, France

In the early hours of August 4th, the American divisions guarding Argentan fell under heavy bombardment from the Luftwaffe and sheer superiority of the Wehrmacht armed forces after eight days of combat.​

020-6-ArgentanWin.jpg

Hausser would send a couple divisions to Angers in the hope to outrun the retreating divisions; he, and the bulk of his army would move to Avranches to split the Allies in two. This objective would be met without enemy resistance.
In the meanwhile, other battles were raging on the Western front, and at 1100 on August 4th the Luftwaffe would have a serious air skirmish against the English.​

020-7-CherbourgAir.jpg

It wouldn't be a one-sided battle this time.​

020-8-AngersStop.jpg

American forces had retreated faster than the Germans could catch up. They would be pursued anyways by a handful of German divisions.​

020-9-Encircle1.jpg

Hausser had completed his encirclement. Half of the American divisions in France would now be cut off and Hausser would proceed to attack Caen to capture his desperately needed Oil and Supplies depot.​

Nice pocket in the West, but without Oil you won't be able to exploit it :-(
Lets just hope you'l capture sufficient stockpiles.

Am I right that you ALLOW a red breaktrough in the east to create a nice pocket of approximately 30 Divisions? ;)

Sheepguard said:
Nice pocket in the West, but without Oil you won't be able to exploit it :-(
Lets just hope you'l capture sufficient stockpiles.

Am I right that you ALLOW a red breaktrough in the east to create a nice pocket of approximately 30 Divisions? ;)

Hmmm.. don't worry, I am sure DvD-IT is far from defeat yet. Lack of oil, its just propaganda. I am sure he just making the allies believe they're winning the war! I am sure he has an offensive planned for the Eastern front in True Grofraz style. A counter attack using 12 divisions in southern Hungary, will enable a breakout, allowing the Capture of Kiev, advance eastwards, to Stalingrad, turn north, Capture Moscow from the REAR and then continue North to Leningrad. Bingo, entire Red Army cut off, in the greatest pocket ever. When you get to Stalingrad, just don't be temped to turn south to the Oil fields as in 1942!!!!

Just kiddin'

Nice AAR, I'll be following. Cut the red army up bit by bit! The fate of the western world lays on your shoulders. :D

DvD-IT said:
Bloody Revenge
Hausser had completed his encirclement. Half of the American divisions in France would now be cut off and Hausser would proceed to attack Caen to capture his desperately needed Oil and Supplies depot.

Do the Allied troops in western France control other large harbours?

Ah, oil is gone, that's bad. Luftwaffe downed, armored and mechanized divisions immobilized. Do you have any resources left? Metal? Energy? Trade it for oil via diplomatic deal.

The situation in the East is alarming. You should finish the Allies ASAP and then stabilize the Eastern front.