• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So the allies make a landing?
Stalin get coup-de-etaged? :p

Now the japanese factories are working agaisnt you with full speed... and oil is getting too low...

Gosh, I think I'ce to update me about this AAR!!!!

Tell you later! :D

I'm st ill speechless about Japan...

And what a turn of events in Finland...

Enewald, Kurt_Steiner - No allies landing and no Uncle Joe losing his chair. Finland has been saved mainly by the Luftwaffe and by the fact battles last much longer in this mod. Japan is yes even more industry at the hands of my enemies, but that just makes everything more difficult and enjoyable. So does my constant lack of oil :)

IronHead, masteri - Thank you.

No one got it right. The big events are...

Red Alert

0700 July 3rd 1945
Volkhov, Soviet Union

The battle of Volkhov raged as the Soviets suffered more and more casualties.​

065-01-Volkhov.jpg

Only new Soviet divisions could be able to alter the battle's course; if this were the case, it would only prolong the inevitable destruction of every Soviet division engaged with Hausser.​

1100 July 6th 1945
Diplomatic Offices, Berlin, Germany

"...Yes, it is of immediate importance!" Von Ribbentrop was requesting to talk with Martin Bormann and organize an Emergency Cabinet Meeting. The news he had were confirmed by consulting the Soviet ambassador in Berlin and it was imperative to inform the Cabinet as soon as possible.

Minutes later, the whole Cabinet was assembled at the Reichstag.

Martin Bormann was there and talked in a quiet manner "So Joachim, I'm sure you have a reason important enough to call us five days after our last Cabinet".

"I do, Martin" von Ribbentrop replied "The magnitude of this event far surpasses that of the fall of Japan. I have contacted the Soviet ambassador, as we thought it was false news at first, but I've been confirmed that it's all true."​

065-02-KoreanWar.jpg

He then continued "It was already evident that tensions between the US and Soviet-controlled Koreas would spark, but today they came from words to war. The northern part of Korea, closer to the Soviet Union, declared war on South Korea, dragging with them the two biggest contestants of the two sides: the Soviet Union and the United States of America."

"You mean they're at war now?" Bormann asked.

"Exactly. We would've never thought that they would come to open war" von Ribbentrop replied.​

065-03-USSOVWar.jpg

Von Ribbentrop then continued "The sphere of influence exerted by Japan and now contested between the two superpowers would have had to spark tensions between the Communist and the Capitalist world, but we'd never thought a war between them would ever happen that early, at least not with us still controlling most of Europe and at war with both of them."

"This is simply wonderful" stated Bormann "The Soviets recklessly backstabbing the US can only favor us against them. Beware however, not to party with caviar and champagne before the Bear is prisoner, even if he is bleeding himself with his own claws. Joachim, please advise us if and whenever the Allies start military operations against the Soviet Union that we can notice. For example, the consequences of an Allied invasion of Siberia would be marvelous" Bormann ended the meeting.​

0500 July 7th 1945
Volkhov, Soviet Union

The German people was informed about the war between the US and the Soviet Union, and so were Hausser and his troops fighting against those very same Soviets. The news of this war really helped the morale of his soldiers, but not enough to hope for a rapid conclusion of the battle of Volkhov.​

065-04-Volkhov.jpg

Several Soviet divisions started to reinforce the defense of Volkhov. They still had reserves big enough to reinforce their weak spots.​

065-05-Moscow.jpg

It was clear that the Soviets were really threatened when German aircraft could fly unscathed over the heart of the Soviet Union. This time, two Fighter squadrons under Mj. General Schwartzkopff approached the skies of Moscow itself. Not a terrific sight for Stalin, defended by only five divisions.​

1100 July 8th 1945

Summer heat was not the only responsible for making von Ribbentrop sweat. He was indeed forced by a certain etiquette to dress formal garment, but there were other reasons; the declaration of war from the Soviet Union to the United States first, and now an ambassador in front of him, asking him a question of the highest level he could not answer at the moment. He had to request another Cabinet meeting and keep the ambassador, and the request from his Country, on hold.

Von Ribbentrop was convincing enough to have Bormann quit his golf game he was playing at that moment, and in a half a hour, another emergency cabinet meeting was organized.

"Joachim, what else could have ever happened now?" Martin Bormann was, among the others, in the Reichstag, curious and eager to know from von Ribbentrop what news he was about to bring.

"I think it's good news what is happening Martin, but I'm just a diplomat and I need the whole Cabinet approval on this request made by a long time 'friend' of ours: Spain" von Ribbentrop replied.​

065-06-Spain.jpg

"Yes gentlemen, good old Franco wishes to join our Alliance and join us in men and matériel against our foes." von Ribbentrop said, as he showed the document the Spanish ambassador showed him.

The debate was on. "That's outrageous!" Ringel bursted "we cannot accept such an offer from the very same man that wanted us to give them an insane quantity of privileges to have them join the war!"

"Opportunism over dignity, Julius. A good offer is a good offer notwithstanding past events. If Franco wishes to join our alliance now without requesting any particular aid, it can just be good for us" replied Guderian.

"I don't know what good can they do to us, Heinz" Ringel replied "Heck, we were about to invade them this year, if it weren't for your decision of invading Sweden!"

"Well, it looks like they've never come to knowledge of such plans to invade them" Guderian smirked "now we have an opportunity and we should grab it. Come on Julius, why this idealist behaviour? By the manner you are speaking now, we'd have never had von Ribbentrop sign the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact with our ideological foes.

"It's not a matter of idealism" Bormann intervened "as, afterall, Franco is ideologically close to us, even if he may appear ungrateful of our help we gave him from the Spanish civil war afterwards. I think the problems rely elsewhere: do we want a Spanish-controlled Gibraltar, assumed they can control it? Is their army able to defend their own beaches, or will we have to control even more beaches, and Spain has a lot of them?"

"I think we can spare a few divisions even if I think that's unnecessary" Guderian replied "in all these years it'd be a shame if they haven't been able to rebuild an army decent enough to protect a bunch of beaches."

"Well, if we really have to accept this alliance, then we'd better do it" Ringel continued "at least we have a new Country to acquire Oil from. Eventhough I don't really like the idea of a Spanish Gibraltar".

The debate was then cut short by the unanimous decision of putting the matter to votation. The nine cabinet members raised their hands at the question made by Bormann: "Those who want Spain in our alliance, raise your hand".

Seven people raised their right hand in support of the alliance; two abstained: Ringel and von Ribbentrop.

"Joachim, you know what to do: don't let our ambassadors wait." Martin Bormann quickly ended the meeting and dismissed everyone: Spain was now allied with Germany.​

1400 July 9th 1945
LI. Gebirgskorps, Vytegra, Soviet Union

Five German divisions entered Soviet soil.​

065-07-Vytegra.jpg

The assaulters of Volkhov would soon receive assistance from another flank. In a similar fashion, the Soviets in Volkhov would have to split their divisions shooting at an enemy right behind their lines.​

065-08-Eastasia.jpg

How on Earth German pilots would have been able to reach the borders of Mongolia from the airports of Finland, that would be a mystery.​

065-09-Volkhov.jpg

By July 10th the Soviet strenght in Volkhov decreased even further, but as their divisions disintegrated, fresh ones were ready to enter the battlefield.​

0600 July 11th 1945
The skies above Kingisepp, Soviet Union

Soviet commanders showed keen interest for suicidal tendencies, as demonstrated by their declaration of war to the United States. This time, they would send six Fighter squadrons that barely mustered fifty fighters together.​

065-10-KingiseppAir.jpg

The sheer amazement deriving from such ineptitude left the Luftwaffe unable to shoot them down, as shooting them down would've been an act of charity.​

Last edited:
Red Alert
continued

065-11-Tikhvin.jpg

LI. Gebirgskorps continued his march towards the encirclement, if possible, of Volkhov. Tikhvin was occupied and it showed that the Soviets still had several divisions to reinforce their borders with.​

065-12-Volkhov.jpg

In the meanwhile, the carnage continued as Hausser was becoming a master at assaulting enemy positions located in the forests.​

1800 July 16th 1945

Von Ribbentrop was glad to conclude the first deal between Germany and Spain now in the Axis alliance, but something would stir the German commanders anyway.​

065-13-OilFromSpain.jpg

Even if Spain was now allied, they still valued their Oil a ridiculously high price. Nevertheless, Germany accepted the terms as she was in dire need of such a resource as, with the battle of Volkhov going on and the Summer campaign in full motion, the Luftwaffe needed Oil that badly and it was becoming more and more scarce, as Romania was no longer able to satisfy Germany's needs in a satisfying way.​

0000 July 17th 1945
Intelligence Department, Berlin, Germany

Messerschmitt completed his research on Turbojet Tactical Bomber, but Germany would struggle to upgrade her existing ones at the moment.​

065-14-TacticalBomber.jpg

Anyways, there were few others fields of research not employed at the moment or needed, so research started on an ambitious project: a Super Heavy Tank. Some would later argue whether a hypotetical Super Heavy Tank would actually drive closer or away from Moscow with the continental drift pushing them West.​

0600 July 17th 1945
The skies above Leningrad, Soviet Union

The skies of a fortress sieged for three long years, Leningrad, were once again violated by German aircraft.​

065-15-Leningrad.jpg

Once again, it was an insult to face such an opponent.​

065-16-EastAsiaair.jpg

Central Asia would still be territory of discovery for certain German pilots who like the taste of exciting adventures. Not only they found and destroyed a heavily-damaged Soviet squadron, but they also reported the location of a group of eight British bomber squadrons active in Central Asia. With that news, even those that were ultimately sceptical to the news of the Soviet Union being at war with the Allies now had to find other excuses: the Allies were bombing their cities. That was something.​

0600 July 18th 1945
Volkhov, Soviet Union

Hausser was facing no-one else but Zhukov in Volkhov. Whether Stalin would sack him or not this time, it would depend on how fast the Luftwaffe would destroy his divisions.​

065-17-Volkhov.jpg

Eleven divisions were fighting desperately for the defense of Volkhov. And, with each divisions destroyed by the Luftwaffe, another one was ready to pop-up. This endless stream of reinforcements had to end sooner or later.​

065-18-Novgorod.jpg

General Förtsch assaulted and dislodged a Soviet division defending Novgorod. The encirclement was coming closer, but it would not be feasible with the current amount of German divisions present behind the lines of Volkhov. Hausser would have to send more of his reserves.​

065-19-Volkhov.jpg

In the meantime, the rate of Soviet reinforcements increased, as there were now eleven, then twelve and then thirteen Soviet divisions. More prey for the Luftwaffe, more dirty work for Hausser.​

Wow, it's suddenly got pretty crazy out there! Any idea why?

Good update but Oil looks expensive, nearly as expensive as filling up today!

Nice Blue Emu reference.
Continental Drift...

PrawnStar - I really have no clue. I didn't think world war III would trigger with Germany still alive. Perhaps the fall of Japan and the triggering of the Korean War were enough to trigger full scale war between the two superpowers. Sure Oil is less expensive than today, I wouldn't like a Germany strangled by oil prices :)

ColossusCrusher - AFAIK that's not Emu's original idea but a popular (well, no) joke about the Maus Heavy Tank.

No update, just going to say that information on Japanese survivors will be given on August cabinet meeting.

It's a pity that, in some moment, the Russian IA goes nuts... Well, not bad. Less work for you to do :D

Marvelous indeed!
The commies are losing, woohoo!
And you shall meet the allies in Novosibirsk, I guess.
Zhukov shall swim away! ;)
Let's hope laatokannorppa eats him while he escapes from Volkhov vial Ladoga. :D

Will the battle in Volkov ever end Will Zhukov be able to hold you off until more commie divs come to the battle and I thought Stalingrad was a bad battle Jesus.

Mozla said:
Will the battle in Volkov ever end Will Zhukov be able to hold you off until more commie divs come to the battle and I thought Stalingrad was a bad battle Jesus.

When in 3000 years Alien Archeologists come to Earth they will still find 10 old men in rusiting metal hulks trying to kill each other in that province.

Great new occurance, something to divert the enemy's attention! Both of them!

Just read this whole thing, I have a question

What you are going to do with these new Japanese ships? While Subs and Super Heavy Battleships are wonderful with your doctrine, those two carriers will never be of that great effectiveness, even when you have all your doctrines researched. They could be good convoy killers I think.

Anyways, keep up the great work!

You've just cost me 2 hours of my life. It's now 5 AM and i've been up all night it feels like reading this AAR. Now I'll be sleepwalking through the whole day. Curse you to Hades.

Good AAR though.

Kurt_Steiner - It's a pity actually, but then if it were a human I'd be gone by page 3, comments included.

derAleks - They have around 200 divisions. I have about the same number - allies included - so I have little to worry so long as I hammer them in the North.

Enewald - I tell you this war is far from over :) the Germans won't see Novosibirsk for some years to come.

Mozla, trekaddict - Volkhov is nothing compared to other battles like Stalingrad or the siege of Leningrad. The good thing is that, even if it takes time, the Soviets are the only side taking casualties. Apart from my usual Oil consumption.

Maj. von Mauser - Thanks. Frankly, I have not come up with a plan for them yet, as I won't have to deal with the RN or the USN for a long time. Even with my doctrines they can still prove useful however, as they have very experienced crews. I guess they will have their share of activity with a newly-rebuilt KM until I can free Japan and hand their fleets over again.

ultimax - I can go to school and write updates until now, so if nothing changes it will stay that way :)

Citanafvic - Is cursing someone to Hades a subtle way of sending someone to burn in hell? :p if I owe you two hours, I hope those have been two hours you enjoyed living. I made the same thing past year's June when I spent the whole night reading sixty pages of Remble's A Creek without a Paddle. Then I went off wandering through the empty streets looking at the sun rising and finally succumbed to the grasps of Morpheus at 9 AM.

Update.