• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
i like the moderators, its just think its stupid to censor it. Its not their fault they are influenced from the country rules, because if we have to censor the swastika, why dont we censor the communist symbol?

unsdeagel: ...because if we have to censor the swastika, why don't we censor the Communist symbol?

personally, i agree with you... that said, it is probably because the swastika lost WW2 and the Communists were on the wining side.

hmmm. did i say more please ? ? :cool:

(edited)

spackalicious, Czarina Julie - Welcome spackalicious. I do have a plan for Britain which is as little gamey as possible. I did not start any new AARs yet.

quaazi - Interesting observation. At least there are no Allied threats that could damage the Wehrmacht more than they did.

Enewald, dublish - NatChi is at war with their communist brothers. And they do share a long border, since I edited British Mongolia/China to be under Communist China's rule: we can justify this with multiple reasons, such as the UK not needing such lands, the Chinese deserving some spoils of war after the Japanese demise (but why the Commies and not the Nationalists? Well, let's keep it simple) and such. The two factions have enough divisions to make a thin defense all over their frontline, but nobody seems eager to take the initiative - and its risks.

GhostWriter - And more you shall receive.

genbrad - Thanks and welcome. Being nuked by the AI is painful, as most times you wouldn't think they could catch you off-guard.

unsdeagel - Welcome. Please refrain from arguing about forum rules and definitely do not insult people because of a political ideology.

Everyone is invited not to continue the talk about forum rules. They aren't going to change, and this is not the place to discuss them anyways.

Update in a few minutes.

Last edited:
Retaliation

0100 November 25th 1948
Arakan, Burma

November was a uneventful month for the Axis forces as the Allies took no initiative anywhere; this gave Germany some breathing time that would be used to begin the cyclopic reconstruction of a war-torn empire, reeling from half a dozen nuclear attacks, and enduring a colossal bombing campaign that gave no rest to her industries.

Given the lack of any real ground threat, it was deemed fit to cut the now abundant supplies production for the Army in favor of a limited reconstruction program, aimed at offsetting, even if partially, the monthly industrial losses caused by the Allied bombers.

Finally, by the end of the month, the British deemed an attack against superior forces, in hostile terrain, favourable enough, and so fifteen British divisions bravely assaulted twenty-five of the Wehrmacht's divisions in Arakan.​

158-01-Arakan2.jpg

The Axis generals foresaw a quick battle with little bloodshed on the Germans part. They were half right: it would be quick, but it also would be incredibly violent, with more than 4,500 deaths per day.

The battle, started by the end of November 24th, saw fifteen British divisions, mostly motorized, bravely charging against twenty-five German divisions led by Erwin Rommel, many of which armored. It was clear that both sides had such unfavorable equipment, that is, not suited for jungle warfare, therefore neither could make good use of their forces. British forces ditched their motorized equipment altogether seeing as it wasn't really suited to jungle warfare, and yet they would enjoy the unusual sight of German tanks desperately trying to maneuver amidst the thick and inhospitable vegetation.

Even if ill-equipped - at least in relation to this kind of terrain - both sides made extensive uses of their artillery equipment; this led to great losses on both sides, equally hampered by the terrain, as the German defenses lacked the mobility to retreat to more favorable positions, and were prone to concentrated artillery fire, and the British infantry bravely charged, in vain, multiple times against the thick German defenses, while inflicting and taking a large amount of casualties in retaliation.

Rommel showed his flexible acumen once more as he quickly adapted to jungle warfare, even with such equipment at his disposal; in the early hours of November 25th, his forces successfully executed a tactical retreat in the jungles of Arakan. The British were baffled as they couldn't pursue the retreaters - that is, tanks, retreating, in the jungle - as fast as they could retreat to a more solid defensive line, and nobody can yet explain how could Rommel tactically withdraw twenty-five divisions, mostly armored, bogged down in one of the most inhospitable areas of the world, while being chased by a dozen or more British divisions.

Even with Rommel's logistical feats, however, the battle was still a gruesome struggle between two sides completely unable to wage war in Burma, thus exposing themselves to their opponent's blows to a great, risky extent. The battle ended after two days, as the British commanders quickly realized the foolishness of blindly charging with motorized infantry in the jungle; and while their losses were high, amounting to 4,770, the German unpreparedness to jungle warfare also costed them more than 3,700 deaths, all in a two-day battle.​

158-02-Tech.jpg

Away from the horrors of war, but dangerously close to Germany's food supplies, Hermann Göring was probably considered a liability more than an asset by everyone, maybe even by himself, seeing that his vaunted Luftwaffe held practically no role anymore after the demise of the Soviet Union, and he couldn't do more but silently attend the monthly cabinet meetings and contribute nothing to the war cause.

That was true until recently, when Göring was assigned an important task, that of improving the dismal state of German aerial tactics that didn't involve Stukas and dive bombing: in practice, he and his team had to build a German strategic bombardment manual from scratch. Whatever purpose this kind of research had, it was left to wild speculations: Germany had very few strategic bombers, and she sure wasn't in a position to launch a bombing campaign against anyone. Only the future would tell what the enigmatic planners of the Third Reich had in their mind.

Last edited:
Why not produce some arty or rocket brigades? Would cost little IC and unless you build SP it wouldn't cost oil and would be a huge benefit. I haven't lost a game yet when I use brigades, but have lost when I did not use them to save on stuff. The MP shortage may be a problem though.

just finished reading this AAR. Great job with it the best ive read, great job also with those commies bastards, the Shitty Union. I just one thing to say why did you kept censoring the swastika? We cant try to erase a part of our history, part of our past, by doing that, we re no better than the romans that tried to destroy the ONE TRUE FAITH AND OUR GOD xD, im not a nazi, i support the catholic right-wing, im also a supporter of the Paternal Autocracy tha my glourious nation lived until 1974 , xD, but i support capitalism. What im trying to say is that we cant deny our past and try to censor part of it, because if we do it we re censoring part of ourselfs. DONT LET THOSE HERETICS GAY COMMUNISTS GET INTO YOU.

You're a strange, little fella.

Lots of reading - great Story! Anything since Jan 2011? Or is the forum limited to 72 pages?

I think the last A-bomb hit the Berlin Bunker and he lost the comunication system. Or the Führer could escape from his prison and was taking the command again.

Last edited:
Looks like this AAR is dead. I keep checking back at least once a fortnight and hoping like crazy for an update... alas no. It was great while it lasted DvD - many thanks!!

It would be interesting to total up the hours that everyone spent reading this... it would be massive!

Thank you all! I'm not letting this die, although my free time is rather limited, and I'd like to keep this on hold rather than post an update once in a blue moon. Give or take one or two months, I hope I have enough spare time to cover at least one update per week by then.

Best news I've had all weekend, bar none.

With the way the world economy and Steam prices in my country are going, we need a good news story or two.

Long live this AAR!!!