• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Apologies if this has been answered before, but what mod are you using?

Thanks for the great AAR!

[EDIT] I have found the EWII mod for DD and Armageddon, does it work as-is with AoD?

Last edited:
Apologies if this has been answered before, but what mod are you using?

Thanks for the great AAR!

[EDIT] I have found the EWII mod for DD and Armageddon, does it work as-is with AoD?

I think he was using the World in Flames mod. Now it appears to be AoD.

Last edited:
Right. I pushed myself through all the pages of this WONDERFUL, AWESOME, GREAT and such AAR. I must say, I am impressed. Your AAR made me play again :D also, now I join others, UPDATE!

Excellent job, really really really great!

Been five months, dead? If so, shame... was an absolutely fantastic AAR.

~ Retaliation ~

December 1948

The British were ready to defend the last remnants of their empire in the East inch by inch. It was not clear whether this stand fast behaviour, fairly reminiscent of Hitler's strategy in the Soviet Union, was dictated by political reasons or it was a deliberate decision. Either way, the insidious terrain and the unhospitable location meant that the Germans would have to pay for every inch of jungle taken.​

159-01-Prome.jpg

Albeit a costly one, the German decision to attack Prome would soon lay the table to the conquest of Rangoon. The attack raged on for ten days. With more than 4:1 numerical superiority, the German forces struggled to dislodge the entrenched British divisions from the jungle-heavy province of Prome. Eventhough they were suffering from supply issues, they managed to inflict a staggering amount of casualties against the invading forces; on the tenth day of fighting, however, they retreated to Rangoon.

Fighting was taking place in Greece, too. The last remnants of what was meant to be the springboard for the liberation of Europe were enjoying their last hours of freedom.​

159-02-Dardanelles.jpg

Two motorized divisions held their ground for almost twenty hours before surrendering. Greece was under total German control once again.

Meanwhile, some Luftwaffe squadrons, recently rebased in Mandalay, were ordered to harass the Allied air forces stationed in Rangoon.​

159-03-RangoonAir.jpg

The airbase of Rangoon housed an impressive, yet not so useful, number of naval bomber squadrons. Had they possessed a sizable number of interceptors or fighters, it would've been a field day for them given the low level of organization of the German squadrons, shortly arrived in Burma.​

159-04-Fission.jpg

On December 25th, Heisenberg and his team announced another success in Germany's nuclear program. Unbeknownst to the Allied forces, Germany had exactly one nuclear device ready.​

159-05-Rangoon.jpg

The decisive confrontation that would speed up the demise of the British forces in Burma began on December 28th. Thirty-six German divisions assaulted twenty-one heavily entrenched, battle-ready British divisions in Rangoon. It was the beginning of a bloody battle, one that the attackers were determined to win regardless of losses: German generals expected a month-long battle with 3:1 or even 4:1 losses ratio against the stubborn defenders. However determined, the British lacked numbers to resist the German attack forever, and the Luftwaffe was poised to soften up their forces and cripple their infrastructure in order to speed up the process.​

159-06-NAPs.jpg

Another year was drawing to a close. Germany was awaiting 1949 with more expectations than usual; two countries, however, were awaiting 1949 with less-than-stellar expectations: Turkey and Switzerland wished they could survive 1949.​

Amazing! I was culling my subscriptions yesterday and almost decided to delete this, but in the end went with giving it a bit longer. Great to see this back!

Going to have to re-read the whole thing now to refresh my memory.

Awesome to see another update to this AAR. :)

~ Cabinet Meeting January 1949 ~

1948 was an year of great successes and a few setbacks for Germany. The occupation of Gibraltar sealed the Mediterranean and led to the destruction of several dozens of divisions in Greece. In response to that, the US convinced the rest of the Americas to unite under a single banner, the Free World Coalition.

"Welcome all" Bormann began "Julius, status report please"

"I have prepared some maps of theatres of interest to us. First, Europe."​

160-01-Europe.jpg

"This is a much more comforting map compared to one year ago, now that we've eliminated the Allied threat in Gibraltar and Greece. With the Mediterranean under our firm grasp, we won't have to worry about the Allies landing on European soil."​

160-02-Burma.jpg

"Next, our only theatre of operations at present. We have advanced at a snail's pace last year, but this campaign is finally drawing to a close. The Allied forces are cornered in Rangoon and we're only waiting for our troops to reorganize in order to launch the final assault. Control of the skies is still disputed, however."​

160-03-Switzerland.jpg

"With many of our divisions enjoying a period of relative peace since the fall of the Soviet Union, we can afford the luxury to attack two new countries at once - even in Winter. First target is Switzerland. Seventy-three German and one Russian divisions will attack Switzerland from all direction. We estimate they have twelve divisions. Fighting will be fairly fierce yet brief - we expect them to fall in one or two weeks."​

160-04-Turkey.jpg

"Next up is Turkey. The main thrust will come from the East, with fifty-four divisions ready to pour into Turkey at any given moment. We will leave Istanbul as our latest prize. It is unlikely they will be able to muster a solid defence, with only the terrain to slow us down. We will need some months to subdue the Country. And now, have a look at this."

160-05-US.jpg

"This blue monster is what is still formerly called the US of America; however, it's changing its name into 'Free World Coalition'. Names aside, they saw our litte nuclear experiment on Gibraltar as a huge threat to their sovereignity; therefore, they hope they can stem the tide by joining their forces under a single banner. When we did the same with Austria, it was a threat to world peace. When they do it, it's for the defence of freedom and democracy. Anyway, this abomination possesses an industrial and manpower base that greatly overshadows ours. We're fighting something like 10:1 here."

"Make that 11:1" Schacht added "The United Kingdom is not part of the Free World Coalition."​

160-06-UK.jpg

"Their industry seems to suffer from some chronic lack of materials; that is understandable, with India under our control. What is less understandable is why the FWC doesn't supply the UK with so much needed raw materials."

"Airstrip One doesn't need that apparently" Speer chimed in "and quite frankly, let's not care about the reasons of our enemies' mistakes. We have enough of ours to address."​

160-07-Production.jpg

"Last year was not good for Germany production-wise. The Allies are determined on bombing us to stone age and they're quite successful at that. Without any serious opposition from the Luftwaffe, they pretty much have free reign over the German industrial heartland - what's left of it. Our industrial base is in shambles. We have enough resources to keep our industry running, but with every month, it gets smaller and smaller. We only have enough to satify our civilians and military supplies; in truth, we need some cyclopic effort to rebuild a war-torn Germany, modernize our armed forces, expand our nuclear programme."​

160-08-Losses.jpg

"At least our manpower situation is not critical for the time being. We're not fighting a major land force such as the Soviet Union right now, so we can enjoy a period of relative peace. We have enough manpower to sustain a medium-sized offensive if we were to fight, say, the Soviets."

Bormann concluded "We will need that manpower. We have bigger fish to catch than Switzerland or Turkey."

Epic comeback, AAR-wise! Keep it up!

The military situation is looking decent. Economically though, you're on the verge of disaster. Perhaps you ought to look at what you can do with ministers/national ideas.

Holy cow! So good to see this AAR still alive and kicking. :)

casual, LeeDub, Lelouch - Time flies, doesn't it?

TheRealKestrel - Germany's top brass are looking for a more... drastic solution to the economical issues.

Photobucket is refusing to upload my pictures for some reason. Will post my update as soon as it gets fixed.

I wanted to add a post of praise - this is an amazing AAR that's had me hooked over the past couple of days since I discovered it. Finally made it to the end of the thread. Great work!!! :)

Seems like the Reich is in a tricky situation though - not enough industry to repair damaged industry? Is it worth halting production and taking a dissent hit to do something about those damaged provinces? I do hope there will not be a slow death of the Reich after so much valiant struggle...

I also wonder about the AI in AoD - if this AAR had begun using AoD, would it have been possible to push Overlord back into the sea and capture 100 Soviet divisions??