I decided to start my first AAR. This will be an AAR of a British game that I am about to start. I shall attempt to retain the empire, and also "add" a few bits.... Kyushu, for one, would be a very nice addition to the empire....
First off, House Rules
1. MEC and ARM must be at least 75% of the army. INF is SOOOOO..... yesterday. And I am not allowed to have more than 78 MEC/MAR/MTN divisions.
2. I will abandon the British land doctrine tree in favour of the German land doctrine tree.
3. I will NOT abandon France.
4. No Military control of anyone, except for Commonwealth countries
5. I shall take the dissent hit from not releasing India. The empire must stay together!
6. No Subs. Subs are totally un Royal Navy
7 .... This one will spoil the ending
This will be SMEP 5.0 with the following changes:
1. Historical date for the First MEC infantry model moved forward to 1939 and the historical date for the first MOT model will be moved forward to 1938. This is so that I could actually have an army at the start of the war.
2. Several leaders have been changed, and a couple added. British Corps/Army commanders during the second world war have recieved buffs. Horrocks, Scoones, Stopford, Christison, Crocker, Cunningham, Ritchie etc. will all start at skill 4, and have max skill 8/9. Kirkman and Hawksworth (no pic leaders) added. Ramsay and Tovey have skill increases, to compensate for Bruce-Fraser being removed (He's a double for Fraser). Keith Park loses Old Guard. US Corp commanders recieve similar buffs.
3. Nationalist China will recieve large buffs to IC, MP and tech teams. This is to prevent Japan from stomping all over them by 1941. To allow Communist china to stopm Nat. China into the ground afterwards, they will get good tech teams by event after Japan has been beaten.
4. Tech teams have been changed. The Andrew Cunningham tech team become avaliable in 1940 (Taranto raid year) instead of 1943 . John Brown and Co buffed to 7. Liddel-Hart no longer has time limits, and is available from 36'. George Paget Thompson increased to skill 7.
5. Bhutan and Nepal have their base IC reduced to 2. They should not have 20 infantry divisions for me to use as cannon fodder on the Indian front.
6.British sliders start at full standing army and 1 step from full free market. Hawk and Interventionism have been moved 1 to the right to compensate.
DO NOT expect this to be very active.