• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I wonder how this barbarian concept will look like.

I mean, are they just empty, ready to colonize spots like it used to be in EU3? Just different hostility which influences colonization chances?

Or maybe they can form an army and attack you if you're bordering them? Even conquer or destroy your whole country if you're too weak to fend them off? How about them being able to extort money from you like barbarians often did, especially with the Byzantine?

Is there yet any viable information published about this aspect of the game?

Ladislav said:
Well the more shiny bits are most likely gold. As to the darker resources that are more plentiful, I think it might just be stone -ed, spellingnazi ..sry, its a compulsive feature

My guess was iron and silver..

Wow, this is looking like my ultimate PC game fantasy: Rome Total War meets EU3! Incredible. How about a medieval era next guys? (yes, I have CK, but, it's really showing it's age and I like the play style better in EU3)

I can see the screenshots fine.

can we have a list of revolters too?

Hm revolters...does that mean some kind of civilwar is possible?

Graf Zeppelin said:
Hm revolters...does that mean some kind of civilwar is possible?
it's possible in every other paradox game, I can't see why it wouldn't be the same here.

basharious said:
But civil war here should mean a lot more than it does than in any other game.
check the quote library

I've gotta say, the more I see screens, the more I love the interface scheme. The colours, the graphics, the layout... it's gotta be your best yet.

kristoff said:
The second screenshot, hmm... To me it shows that in EU:R we might see every nation/tribe keeping constantly a field army a'la EU3, which would be obviously ahistorical for most of them. I hope I'm wrong and it works like in CK, when it's too expensive to keep a standing army idle, forcing the player and AI to call citizens (or tribal warbands) to arms only when at war. But somehow I feel it will be, unfortunately, EU3-way...

IMHO, it should be like CK. Every province would have a number of different troops that could be recruited there (which, when executed, would raise unhappines of course). Techs, province's culture, current occupier's culture, civilization level, resources, social structure ect. - it all would determine how many and what kind of troops you would be able to recruit in a given province. It should be so expensive to mantain field army that it would be raised only for certain campaigns and then dissmised - like in CK. Recruits raised in different provinces would be gathered and organized by a player into armies. Sounds logical and historical, right? Of course, ie. mighty Rome with the time could become rich enough to keep some legions permanently.

In short, I wonder if there is any logic in EU:R that will prevent keeping permanent armies around all the time?

This better for history, but for game play I FAR prefer the standing armies.