• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
LouisXI said:
I noticed this doesn't work with mods (please correct me if I'm wrong :D). What's the reason for this? It always gives me an error on marriage ID's, so I'm assuming it can't find the vanilla marriage it wants to.

You can ignore those error-messages. The application will still work

Originally Posted by Oorlog
Can someone enlighten me plz

*edit i have the complete pack, but that doesnt give me a cross, but i do have it. if that was a reason for not answering anyway.

You can't register your complete pack, the most likely reason that no one answered you is that the application-maker doesn't read this thread anymore and I myself have no idea how to fix your problem

Veldmaarschalk said:
You can ignore those error-messages. The application will still work

Well, I would but it always crashes before I can do anything. :(.

EDIT --

Inspired to try one last time, I did. It oddly didn't crash this time, so I must sum this up as general incompetence on my part. Very odd :confused: .

Kinniken said:
Right now, the main way to get a high peaceful score in DG with a small kingdom would be marrying your daughters to husbands with high glory or which are likely to have children with high glory, since women get a share of both their husbands' and their children' glory. [...] Oh, and if you are not anti-war, just anti-mass conquest, in DG fighting wars mostly for prestige makes a lot more sense than in a normal game. Hound those title-claimers!
I think you have a good mod. It represents well how people are remembered. Few remember a peaceful lord or lady who reigned for fifty years giving peace and prosperity to their realm. They remember the person whose descendants spread across the royal houses of Europe - like Queen Victoria - or who conquered a lot - like Peter the Great or Ivan the Terrible.

Glory is not won by getting rich and not annoying anyone :p

Now, this seems to be a brilliantly constructed and generally useful program. However, I too have encountered a little problem in using it.
After defining the CK-Path, I get this:
nilobjtc3.png

(Obviously using Windows XP SP2, Deus Vult)

Anyone with the NilObjectException error, deleting your Preferences file should clear it up.

Thanks, now i got this NilObjectexception, but cant find a preferences file to delete. now what?

I'm renewing this thread for a french forumer who installed the program but got this same error.
Can someone describe the steps to make to get rid of this error please :)

I'm having this same problem as well, though it only just started recently. I know that you said to delete the preferences file, but I can't seem to find it, where is it usually located?

I'm getting the same error which was reported by the last posters. If that matters, i use CK-DV with DVIP + More Kingdoms mod. Furthermore, i find it strange that the download says version 0.3.3, but if i check the properties of DynasticGlory.exe, it's reported as version 0.3.2...

Nil object exception error

I'm renewing this thread for a french forumer who installed the program but got this same error.
Can someone describe the steps to make to get rid of this error please :)

can someone please explain how to get rid of this annoyinh error its preventing me from enjoying this great mod :mad:

WTF is the deal with this :confused:

I'm not being rude, just confused lol. Allow me to try and redeem myself with some observations.

First off the preference file is in a hidden folder in documents and settings for me it is.

C:\Documents and Settings\peter\Application Data

Good luck finding it.

Don't worry about the version number being wrong,

Ignore that version thing, I must have simply forgotten to update it to 0.3.3.

I have a theory that makes no sense but I seem to have experienced.
If I run the game for a few more turns and save again under a new name it seems to fix itself.:confused:
I'm running TASS BTW in case it makes a difference.

I'd love someone to explain the problem cos my own theory sounds crazy but the moral of the story is that the mod does work at times, it has for me anyway.

Last edited:
I'll just add my voice to the chorus thanking you for making this. Hakka'd done something similar with his Plock, but it didn't have any GUI, let alone a beautiful one like this.

Great stuff.

edit - works fine with 1.05 but i'm getting the same error as everyone else. there is no "preferences" file in the download, so this probably needs some tweaking to make this part more user friendly...

edit - actually found the hidden file (dynastic glory preferences) deleted it, reset, and... still got the same message. thanks again for your work, but this really needs to be something there's just a button for in the next version.

Last edited:
I'll just add my voice to the chorus thanking you for making this. Hakka'd done something similar with his Plock, but it didn't have any GUI, let alone a beautiful one like this.

Great stuff.

edit - works fine with 1.05 but i'm getting the same error as everyone else. there is no "preferences" file in the download, so this probably needs some tweaking to make this part more user friendly...

edit - actually found the hidden file (dynastic glory preferences) deleted it, reset, and... still got the same message. thanks again for your work, but this really needs to be something there's just a button for in the next version.

Keep trying, I was getting the error now I'm not.
Delete the preferences file, run the game for a bit save it then try again.
I wish I knew the cure for this problem but I dont:confused:
I do however know that something I did fixed it and I assure you I didn't do much.

This is the best thing since chocolate milk!

I've looked in the application data section, but I don't see any entry even close to dynasty glory. I'd really like to use this to spice up my game. Can anyone give a better explanation of how to overcome the NilObject error?

I noticed that when I run this tool with mods I get error messages. If I ignore them the utility still works. However I think it's 'forgetting' some characters as I cannot find them in the utility. Am I just incompetent or has anyone else noticed this?

Wow this thing is excellent. Thanks a lot.

I've started using it and all the characters and memories are coming back to me. :rofl:

I've been using this excellent tool since it was first released. It is a whole new way to keep track how different dynasties fare in fierce competion for glory :D

Now that we have successful female inheritance, I shall be able to play for moe then a generation now! woot! and use this tool. Ive always wanted to use this!

Would this tool register a gay trait if it was added by download?