• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kinniken

General
47 Badges
Sep 8, 2003
kstudio.net
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
DynasticGlory: Scoresheet & stats Utility 0.3.3

DynasticGlory 0.3.3

logo.gif

Born out of frustration with CK's inept "score" system and the resulting choice between either doing pure RP (which a power-gamer like me finds hard ;) ), or forgetting the dynastic aspects and focusing purely on real-building, DynasticGlory produces a real scoring system, based on accumulated prestige and piety, traits of characters in the dynasties, how well married the women are and some more factors. The result is a "Glory" rating which IMHO gives a much better evaluation of a dynasty's status than the in-game things.

It also gives a lot of stats on dynasties and individual characters, and provides CSV exports for Excel fans.

It works with CK and DV, on Mac OS X or Windows.

You can get further details and the download links on http://kstudio.net/dg/.

Edit: Updated to version 0.3.3

Changes:

- [Bug fix] Fixed a major bug where some characters were excluded from the Individual HOF, Individual lists and Dynastic titles calculations and only appeared in the Dynastic member lists. Affects dynastic glory calculation due to missing titles lowering Status.
- [Bug fix] Fixed a bug where holders of destroyed titles still appeared as holding them in dynastic windows. Affects dynastic glory calculation due to extra titles increasing Status.
- [Bug fix] Realm-duress and Rebelious trait icons were interverted.

Comments and feedback welcomed!

dynastichof.jpg

The Dynastic Hall of Fame

individualhof.jpg

The Individual Hall of Fame

dynasticdata.jpg

Stats on all the dynasties

individualdata.jpg

Stats on the characters

dynasticwindow.jpg

Informations on a specific dynasty

individualwindow.jpg

Informations on a specific individual

Last edited:
Looks good, I shall have to try this out.

fasquardon

Hmm, good catch. I hadn't realised it but I skipped a step... I use the "title = {" definitions to find out which titles belongs to which dynasties, and pick the highest tier one. I had missed the fact that every title a character has has an independent title object, so if he possess several titles of the same tier, my code will pick whichever one was first in the file. To fix that, I'll need to use the country definition objects at the top of the file to get the primary title.
Of course, that would still leave the problem of two different characters of the same dynasty having titles of the same rank, but there's little I can do on that one.

Anyway, that's something I'll be fixing in the next version. Shouldn't be a big issue.

Kinniken said:
To fix that, I'll need to use the country definition objects at the top of the file to get the primary title.
You should be able to either use the "ARAG = {" definitions at the beginning (used for displaying selection choices) or the "country = {" definitions at the end (only primary titles are given country blocks). Of the two, country would be better to use as non-Christian or non-feudal countries do not show up at the top of the file (non-playable).
Kinniken said:
Shouldn't be a big issue.
I agree. It was just something I noted when using the calculator, and something I had run into with my own save game parser previously.

I just love that mod !

You get much more role play, far less rebellious vassals, no more Super-Archduke as heir.
And sitting a Knytling on every throne instead of simply piling up crowns on one head now has a point.

I'll have to stop backstabbing my relatives... :mad: :rolleyes:
Kinslaying is a bit like sex: the first time, it's very exciting but after 20 years you get used to it. Do you realize the consequences of your scoring system on any Jimenez game ?

How come the traits aren't in the same order for all the dynasties ? And what's the "value" of each trait ?

ulmont said:
You should be able to either use the "ARAG = {" definitions at the beginning (used for displaying selection choices) or the "country = {" definitions at the end (only primary titles are given country blocks). Of the two, country would be better to use as non-Christian or non-feudal countries do not show up at the top of the file (non-playable).

I'll have a look at it tonight, but using the country blocks should indeed be the best choice. It's also faster to test for it than for all the TAG = { blocks. Thanks for the tip.

Duke of BVI said:
I just love that mod !

You get much more role play, far less rebellious vassals, no more Super-Archduke as heir.
And sitting a Knytling on every throne instead of simply piling up crowns on one head now has a point.

I'll have to stop backstabbing my relatives... :mad: :rolleyes:
Kinslaying is a bit like sex: the first time, it's very exciting but after 20 years you get used to it. Do you realize the consequences of your scoring system on any Jimenez game ?

No, to be honest. What is special about Jimenez games? That's the royal family of Navarra, right? Only thing special I've noticed with them is that they tend to attracts lots of pledges in DV, probably because their King title has no attached territory, so it must screw up the distance factor in the pledging algorithm.
Otherwise, glad to see that you would be adapting your playing style to maximise glory, which is what I'm hoping for with this app ;)

Duke of BVI said:
How come the traits aren't in the same order for all the dynasties ? And what's the "value" of each trait ?

They should be in the same order, though it might not seem like that because traits with zero representatives in a dynasty are not shown. If you have an exemple where this isn't the case I'd appreciate a screenshot.

The effects of the traits arbitrary values I decided myself. Obviously the choices are personal and you might disagree with some...

looks good will try out

edit: try it out i like it.

Last edited:
Kinniken said:
No, to be honest. What is special about Jimenez games? That's the royal family of Navarra, right?
Of all the Spanish kingdoms in 1066, actually (Léon, Castille, Aragon, Navarra, Galicia).
A typical Jimenez game is a war between the two brothers of Castille and Léon and the cousins of Aragon/Navarra, with Galicia typically dying of disease and getting inherited by whoever wins in the Castille/Léon war...

jordarkelf said:
Of all the Spanish kingdoms in 1066, actually (Léon, Castille, Aragon, Navarra, Galicia).
A typical Jimenez game is a war between the two brothers of Castille and Léon and the cousins of Aragon/Navarra, with Galicia typically dying of disease and getting inherited by whoever wins in the Castille/Léon war...

could you make a search function

Search function? Can you detail?

Well done! It even supports Cyrillic letters! :)

Skarion said:
Awesome! :cool:

Though one thing I would like to know if plausible:
Could there be a menu or something counting how many are alive of each family (that got the same surname) and how many that has been alive through history?

The latter is given in per-dynasty-stats.

Skarion said:
Could there be a menu or something counting how many are alive of each family (that got the same surname) and how many that has been alive through history?

As MRAKoris points out, the total number of characters is given. Adding the number of living characters would be simple, I'll add it to my "improvements" list. In the meantime, it's not difficult to find it by opening the dynasty's window, sorting out the family members by death date, and counting those who don't have one.

Double-click on the dynasty in the list to get the additional infos.

For the titles, as discussed earlier in the thread, DynasticGlory right now has troubles picking up the correct title if you have several of the same ranks. I hope to have that sorted out in the next update.

Updated to version 0.2 (see first post).

Changes:

- Quartered shields for dynasties uniting up to four coats of arms if the dynasty has more than one title of its highest level.
- Dynasty window displays the number of living characters as well as total characters number
- Byzantium now treated as an Empire, not Kingdom (in name, and when finding the main title of a dynasty)
- [Bug fix] Fixed bug where the primary title of a character was not always correct if he had an other of the same rank

Oops... Yeah, got mixed up in the file names when uploading the new version. Sorry. It's fixed.