• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Now, this seems to be a brilliantly constructed and generally useful program. However, I too have encountered a little problem in using it.
After defining the CK-Path, I get this:
nilobjtc3.png

(Obviously using Windows XP SP2, Deus Vult)

monsterfurby said:
Now, this seems to be a brilliantly constructed and generally useful program. However, I too have encountered a little problem in using it.
nilobjtc3.png

I run into the same problem

Volk80 said:
Does Utility use a system font or an inner one?
How can i change it to manage compatibility with russian version of the game? :rolleyes:

DG generally uses the default system font. I might have specified other fonts in some places, I don't remember. As for compatibility with the Russian version, I don't really know, I don't have it... Someone posted in this thread earlier saying that it worked with Cyrillic characters, you could try contacting him and asking what he did.

monsterfurby said:
nilobjtc3.png

Can you tell me exactly when that happens? After clicking on what? I'll have a look tonight.

Kinniken said:
Can you tell me exactly when that happens? After clicking on what? I'll have a look tonight.

For me it happens after clicking on the 'application icon', those 3 coat of arms. It happens with version 0.3.2 and 0.3.3

While version 0.3.2 worked perfectly last week

You mean in the credits window?

Kinniken said:
You mean in the credits window?

No, the icon to start the game, the .exe

I have downloaded the 0.3.3 Windows-version, but when I hover my mouse over the .exe it says 0.3.2.0

dynasticglory.jpg

Veldmaarschalk said:

I have downloaded the 0.3.3 Windows-version, but when I hover my mouse over the .exe it says 0.3.2.0[/IMG]

Ignore that version thing, I must have simply forgotten to update it to 0.3.3.

So you are having that crash every time you try to launch it now? There must be some big bug with the handling of the CK folder...

Kinniken said:
DG generally uses the default system font. I might have specified other fonts in some places, I don't remember. As for compatibility with the Russian version, I don't really know, I don't have it... Someone posted in this thread earlier saying that it worked with Cyrillic characters, you could try contacting him and asking what he did.
indeed, after installing version 0.33 the russian characters are displayed correctly.

Hi

Thanks for this great utility, I guess it’s one of the features this good game lacked.

Incidentally, I saved a game last night and wanted to analyse it today on another computer.

OK, let’s admit it: at work... But hey, we’re just talking about a few minutes here.

But DG keeps saying that the folder I chose is not a valid CK install, albeit I re-created the original CK folder tree (CK\scenarios\save games) on my cough, office, cough computer.

Do you have to have a CK game install on the hard drive to run DG?

Volk80 said:
indeed, after installing version 0.33 the russian characters are displayed correctly.

As i replied in a PM, DG worked fine with Cyrillic from the very first release. Well, at least I had no trouble launching it.

Ernst said:
Do you have to have a CK game install on the hard drive to run DG?

I'm afraid so. What is needed is actually not the saved games structure (except for the "load most recent" function), but a lot of in-game data : the names of the dynasties, the CoA, the portraits, ect.

Veldmaarschalk said:

I have downloaded the 0.3.3 Windows-version, but when I hover my mouse over the .exe it says 0.3.2.0

Still no clue on what is causing that BTW. I can't reproduce it.

I can just advise trashing the DG preference file and trying again... If you can give me more details as to when the problem appears that would be good.

Kinniken said:
the names of the dynasties, the CoA, the portraits, ect.
The graphics... Of course, I should have thought of this. Never mind then, at least I know you haven't been paid by my employer :) .

Works great, thanks.

Just wanted to say what a great application this is. Nice job!

Thanks very much for this application. I finally tried it out yesterday, and immediately could use it to update the DVIP -- it reported several incorrect marriages (caused by issues like incorrect birthdates on characters or typos), and the tool was invaluable in merging duplicate dynasties :)

I wish I had tried it earlier, could have saved me quite some time :D

Oh my giddy aunt. This is great.

Aye.

I can't believe I didn't find this earlier. Extremely cool and very much appreciated.

The amount of time I'm going to waste with this looking back through old games is incalculable.