• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm not sure how to apply and use this tool :confused:

Might anyone know the steps?

unzip the files antwhere you want it
launch the dynasticglory.exe
right bottom click on the button "load file"
then choose your save game
and...that all ! just have to check informations you want in the different scoreboards

unzip the files antwhere you want it
launch the dynasticglory.exe
right bottom click on the button "load file"
then choose your save game
and...that all ! just have to check informations you want in the different scoreboards

ok, so it has to be saved game and not a game currently running. I think i know now. Also, isnt there a gay marriage mode there too by the author of these other modes? I cant seem to download it from the site.

Last edited:
ok, so it has to be saved game and not a game currently running. I think i know now. Also, isnt there a gay marriage mode there too by the author of these other modes? I cant seem to download it from the site.

>>gay trait (zand events) is included in TASS mod

>>I think there is no problem to have additional traits showed is the dynastic glory
just have to modify a bit the files. edit : tried and it works fine

>>gay marriage should be possible with the ability of Beliayev to patch the exe
the base method is on this page : http://translate.google.com/transla...4%BB&tbb=1&rurl=translate.google.com#m360057a

Last edited:
I've looked in the application data section, but I don't see any entry even close to dynasty glory. I'd really like to use this to spice up my game. Can anyone give a better explanation of how to overcome the NilObject error?

With the risk of being redundant, ill post anyway. For those that cant seem to get past the Nilobject error. The file you have to delete is called "DynasticGlory Preferences" and can be found in the \Documents and Settings\"user name"\Application data

Use the search funtion if you cant find it. It doesnt have its own directory its a single file in the application data directory.

Chivalry +10 ;)

This is an excellent tool! Though now I'm worried that the cursed Rurikoviches (Emperors of Russia and Byzantium) are too far ahead in Glory to catch up with! :mad:

This is an excellent tool! Though now I'm worried that the cursed Rurikoviches (Emperors of Russia and Byzantium) are too far ahead in Glory to catch up with! :mad:

As you mention it, I have actually played a game where my sole goal was to beat mighty Rurikovichs in a DynasticGlory score sense. :)

Played another Russian dynasty, famous "of Yaroslavl"-s from Yaroslavl. In 1066 scenario, they start as a poor one-province count (a vassal of Prince of Pereyaslavl). To my astonishment, the Rurikovichs got beaten already in year 1200. I was surprised the more so, because the Rurikovichs were treated by Yaroslavls with a respect and they weren't crushed, they ran still a second largest Russian principality (because the Rurikovichs were the only reliable source of Russian Orthodox brides for Yaroslavls).
Some figures about that game:
* In 1066, Rurikovichs had a total Glory 17977, and Yaroslavls 198. In 1200, respectively 228491, and 230639.
* In 1066, Rurikovich dynasty had 53 members (32 still living at that time), and Yaroslavls just 2 members (both 2 living). In 1200, respective figures were 907 (308), and 839 (476).
It was an interesting game, I recommend The Rurikovichs' Challenge...

And I totally share your exaltation about this tool.

I know it works for DVIP, i sure it works for Tass as well.

Can this work with Mappa Regnorum ?

yes just be sure to select the right CK folder : the one where the mod is installed otherwise country names will be wrong and such

I haven't touched this soft or Crusader Kings in ages now, but it's great to see so many people are still making use of it :) I get close to 100 downloads a month even now, I would never have guessed it would have success so long! But then CK was such a great game...

I haven't touched this soft or Crusader Kings in ages now, but it's great to see so many people are still making use of it :) I get close to 100 downloads a month even now, I would never have guessed it would have success so long! But then CK was such a great game...

lol
New computer, fresh install of CK, better grab another dynastic glory.

With the risk of being redundant, ill post anyway. For those that cant seem to get past the Nilobject error. The file you have to delete is called "DynasticGlory Preferences" and can be found in the \Documents and Settings\"user name"\Application data

Use the search funtion if you cant find it. It doesnt have its own directory its a single file in the application data directory.

Chivalry +10 ;)

Every time I delete this file and run Dynastic Glory, it seems to get recreated so I get the Nil Handle crash again. Is there annyway to stop the preferences file recreating?

HI there,
Im just starting playing CK again to warm up for part 2 and discovered this magnificent tool!
I wonder how I could have missed that - really great stuff!

I downloaded this again today, after using is before, but now it won't run anymore. When I first had this program, everything ran fine without any problems, but now I get an Nilobject error.
I've been looking for the DynasticGlory.preferences file, but it is nowhere to be found.

So if you guys have a solution for this, I would greatly appreciate this.

[EDIT]

I think I FINALLY found the file. For everybody who has the same problem. I followed this path :

C > Users > (Your Username) > AppData > Roaming, in there is a file called DynasticGlory Preferences. If you delete that, it should run.

[EDIT II]

I should also mention AppData is a hidden folder, so you need to unhide it. I'm dutch, so I have everything in dutch (duh), so the translation could deviate a bit.

Extra > Mapoptions > View Options ? (the second column) > there should be a list with different options. There should also be a line that says something like 'hidden folders and files'. Tick the 'view hidden folders and files option' and voilá.

Last edited: