• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Whattup. Still here, no problem.

I haven't heard about the Finnish occupation of Russian territory during the civil war. One thing that certainly appealed to some Finns, and made them hunger for Karelian lands during WWII, was the familiarity between cultures (Greater Finland).

The lines about possible invasion of the far east and Siberia reminded me of a rather inconsequential, IMHO, incident in the Crimean War: A limited British invasion of Kamchatka, which was foiled by a small garrison. Interesting maneuver. :p

When you go for Germany, you can call it Operation Golden Eagle. Golden Eagles are used by some Central Asian peoples to track down and kill wolves. ;)

trekaddict said:
How is the public interest in this? I lack the motivation to continue this when no one is interested....

I'm certainly interested in this one. But I'm kind of lurking here.
It's another great AAR of you. I can't wait till the next update!

Mangudai re the finnish occupation of russian territory: I made that one up to have a viable casus belli.

Hamath Glad to hear.

I knew you made that one up, but wanted to step carefully. ;) There were anti-communist expeditions into Karelia and such from Finland, though.

you knew i was joking about putting the aar first, right?

BritishImperial said:
you knew i was joking about putting the aar first, right?

Yes. My comment was more a expression of my frustration about this project.

Due to a recent lack of Ideas as on how to continue this. I have therefore decided to put this temporarely on hold until the inspiration hits me again. I might/will work on other prjects though in the meantime, and I will keep that particular copy of the game around. I am really, really sorry. I wrote an update which I will post during the next few days, but that will be it for the moment, sorry. :( :eek:o

I think I need to explain something here. This is NOT put on hold due to lack of motivation, but it can be extremely frustrating when it takes you literally almost a week and a half to write half of the next update because what you want to write simply does not come to you... I promise I will continue this one day, but ATM I simply cannot. I will probably open another AAR at some point during the next week or so, maybe sooner which will definitely be pulled all the way through. Part of the reason is that I myself was never fully satisfied with the quality of my writing in this AAR. I started it before its time, before I fully thought it put. For example in both Unity-Justice-Liberty and Stepping back from the Edge I had a full plot outline in my mind, or rather a rough outline of how I wanted the game to develop. I also made sure that all the events worked ( At least in Unity ) and playtested all of them by firering the manually before actually starting the AAR, things I did not do with WorkAARs paradise. I guess I was a bit like Tom Clancy in recent years, I was too sure of my ability to suck an interesting story out of my fingers without any form of preparation. It is deeply emberrasing, and allthough I know I will probably never make an AAR again which is as well written and fun to make as "Unity" I will nevertheless try my best with the next AAR, for which I already have Ideas floating around my head, and for which I will actually have time to post, probably more than once in a week, because yesterday I was able to do a huge swath of the work for my schoolprohect ahead of schedule which leaves me with a bit more free-time during the next weeks. And again, I am sorry. :( :eek:o

Hey this AAR is a good read and nothing to be embarrassed about (you want a bad AAR, read mine). Besides, they're better if unexpected events occur rather than everything following a set plot, adds a bit of interest to it, otherwise you might as well just write a story without playing HOI.

If you need inspiration, my advice is to DoW a country that is loaded with GOI's :p . That always produces interesting results.

In any case good luck with your next AAR and school project. :D

My problem is that I always have to have a plan before going into a potentailly dangerous situation. You could think I am Russian. ;)

sorry to hear that, i was enjoying this one

you should do a kaiserreich aar next

Thanks for the support everyone. I'd love to do a KAiserreich AAR, but the Idea for the next one is already very fleshed out. I even think I overdid it, because the handwritten draft for the intro chapter is about seven and a quarter pages..... I won't say much now, just that it is a western nation.

france? i'd like to see you survive the blitzkrieg and prove that france actually can fight, much to everyone's surprise. you could call it ' Le White FlAARgs away'

Well, it is France.... with a twist. As you all know all my AArs are AH in some way, as will this one, mainly becaus ethe vanilla interbellum ain't all that exciting. :D

Oh and btw, stay tuned for:

"We will stand defiant!" An AH France AAR.

Coming very soon. IWth luck I'll even get to post at least the intro chapter later today.

France is fun. If I was to make an AAR one day, I'd most likely make it France.

am i psychic or what baby? france should be cool - never seen an aar of them, and they are quite fun to play - on mod33 i got them fascist, allied with germany, thereby making my collossal maginot line / italian border line/ belgium border line pointless. then i switched computer.

good luck