+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Positions Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Basileios II
    Whenever Im saving any changes tp province.csv the game will not load anymore. The error message says something about "Unable to open gfx\interface\piw\.txt".
    I remember seeing that during testing, but I thought I fixed it. Maybe it has something to do with 2020-province maps; are you using one?

Clausewitz Tools: Clausewitz Save Game and History Editor (EU4-Compatible) - New! Version 0.8.6 released 24 August 2014! ||| Clausewitz Map Positions Editor (beta)
    EU2: EU2 Map Positions Editor (alpha) ||| EU2 Event Generator
    Made with EugFile: an open-source Java library for reading and writing files in the Paradox format.

Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. I Corinthians 10:31b (NIV)

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Im using Aberration 4 Kasperus, which uses WatK 3.1.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Basileios II
    Im using Aberration 4 Kasperus, which uses WatK 3.1.
    All right, I'll check into it.

Clausewitz Tools: Clausewitz Save Game and History Editor (EU4-Compatible) - New! Version 0.8.6 released 24 August 2014! ||| Clausewitz Map Positions Editor (beta)
    Made with EugFile: an open-source Java library for reading and writing files in the Paradox format.

New version available (third alpha).

As far as I can tell, the problem was caused when my program wrote out lines of semicolons before any filler lines (those starting with -1). It now prints out one filler line, which should keep the game from trying to read those empty lines.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Works like a charm. Than you very much!
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Deus VultFor The GloryMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy KnightEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelM
    Third Angel, can you check if by chance this solves the MWATK errors as well?
    It does. Thanks a lot.

HoI AnthologyEuropa Universalis 3For The Glory

Blog Entries
    This might be off-topic but Third Angel are you working on getting MWATK up and running? I tried months ago but couldn't get the straits to work. If you do get it working i would be interested in helping out making scenarios for it. It looks like a cool map and its a shame it's never been used.
    Swertic Tales

--------------[The Book of Saint John Series]---------------
    Volume I
    Volume II
    Volume III
    The Last Knights and the Book of St John
    --------------------more info at my Inkwell-------------------
    Medieval World 3 - EU2 LibrAARy - ACA Archive
    I was canonized 1/12/2008

So any plans of putting in so we can edit all the variables in province.csv with your editor?

Quote Originally Posted by cool-toxic
    So any plans of putting in so we can edit all the variables in province.csv with your editor?
    No, not at present. That would be a rather large undertaking, and I'm in my final semester of college right now.

The only improvement I am (sort of, slowly) working on is using the lightmap.tbl files instead of id.tbl, so you won't accidentally place a sprite on top of the province name. But the lightmaps are much more difficult to figure out, even with Inferis's site. I don't expect to do anything more on it until spring break next month, and even so I might just give up on it.

Okay, I know it's alot new programming was a long shot. Anyway much easier to work on coordinates now.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Any chance of porting this to HoI and Victoria?
    ~Jamie

Download the Validator: Eu4 | Ck2 | March of the Eagles | Hoi3 | Victoria II | Eu3 | EU Rome | Sengoku

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie550
    Any chance of porting this to HoI and Victoria?
    Sure; all I need is the map dimensions and the columns of province.csv (I don't have HOI). For Victoria, I actually posted in Inferis's thread a while back to say that I could do it whenever necessary. Give me a couple of weeks, though, because I'm on vacation right now.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Leviathan: WarshipsMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesPride of Nations500k club

so the program just shows the position of items and nothing else?

how to make any changes? I can't drag and drop or anything for that matter, just look at it.
    Victory, we fight to win!
    Victory, is ours again!
    We are the scourge of the land and sea,
    Beastly pirates are we!

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Perhaps you could make the Positions Editor more generic.

Have a file called settings.txt, with
    X=936
    Y=360

and a file called objects.txt, with
    Code:
    object = 
    {
    	name="Fort"
    	xColumn=12
    	yColumn=13
    	image=
    	{
    		path="gfx\interface\eyr\small_forts.bmp"
    		bounds={x=120 y=0 width=20 height=14}
    		transparency=
    		{
    			color={R=0 G=255 B=0}
    		}
    	}
    }
    object = 
    {
    	name="Army"
    	xColumn=14
    	yColumn=15
    	image=
    	{
    		path="gfx\map\units\bmp\T-ARMY C-MIN A-FIRE D-NE.bmp"
    		bounds={x=0 y=0 width=64 height=64}
    		transparency=
    		{
    			color={R=0 G=255 B=255}
    			color={R=255 G=0 B=255}
    		}
    	}
    }
    object = 
    {
    	name="Port"
    	xColumn=16
    	yColumn=17
    	image=
    	{
    		path="gfx\map\harbour.bmp"
    		bounds={x=0 y=0 width=32 height=40}
    		transparency=
    		{
    			color={R=0 G=255 B=0}
    		}
    	}
    }
    ~Jamie

Download the Validator: Eu4 | Ck2 | March of the Eagles | Hoi3 | Victoria II | Eu3 | EU Rome | Sengoku

Quote Originally Posted by szmik
    so the program just shows the position of items and nothing else?

how to make any changes? I can't drag and drop or anything for that matter, just look at it.

You double click the province, then you press the thing you want to change position of an dpress on the map where you want it to be.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Leviathan: WarshipsMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesPride of Nations500k club

too easy to find by myself

great tool indeed

edit:
    litle bug
    when you press buton to edit 4th terrain feature, 2nd one is selected.
    Last edited by szmik; 19-05-2008 at 00:20.
    Victory, we fight to win!
    Victory, is ours again!
    We are the scourge of the land and sea,
    Beastly pirates are we!

Blog Entries
    Does the positions editor use id.tbl?

If it does,

The map editor does not write to id.tbl, but only to boundbox, adjacent, index, tiles, and lightmaps.

So that could be a problem.
    ~Jamie

Yes, it uses id.tbl and boundbox.tbl, since those were easiest to use (I added boundbox later). That's why I was interested in your project; I want to use lightmaps, but no one has done it in Java yet. I thought I could do it myself, but I just don't have enough time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelM
    Yes, it uses id.tbl and boundbox.tbl, since those were easiest to use (I added boundbox later). That's why I was interested in your project; I want to use lightmaps, but no one has done it in Java yet. I thought I could do it myself, but I just don't have enough time.

Now the question is how will those moving provinces around change the positions?
    ~Jamie

Lex Superior
    HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie550

Now the question is how will those moving provinces around change the positions?
    Changing positions has nothing at all to do with the map files.
    Birth of Empires - a work in progress 1066-1820 mod for Europa Universalis IV

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast