• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Basileios II said:
Whenever I´m saving any changes tp province.csv the game will not load anymore. The error message says something about "Unable to open gfx\interface\piw\.txt".
I remember seeing that during testing, but I thought I fixed it. Maybe it has something to do with 2020-province maps; are you using one?

Basileios II said:
I´m using Aberration 4 Kasperus, which uses WatK 3.1.
All right, I'll check into it.

New version available (third alpha).

As far as I can tell, the problem was caused when my program wrote out lines of semicolons before any filler lines (those starting with -1). It now prints out one filler line, which should keep the game from trying to read those empty lines.

This might be off-topic but Third Angel are you working on getting MWATK up and running? I tried months ago but couldn't get the straits to work. If you do get it working i would be interested in helping out making scenarios for it. It looks like a cool map and its a shame it's never been used.

cool-toxic said:
So any plans of putting in so we can edit all the variables in province.csv with your editor? :)
No, not at present. That would be a rather large undertaking, and I'm in my final semester of college right now.

The only improvement I am (sort of, slowly) working on is using the lightmap.tbl files instead of id.tbl, so you won't accidentally place a sprite on top of the province name. But the lightmaps are much more difficult to figure out, even with Inferis's site. I don't expect to do anything more on it until spring break next month, and even so I might just give up on it.

Jamie550 said:
Any chance of porting this to HoI and Victoria?
Sure; all I need is the map dimensions and the columns of province.csv (I don't have HOI). For Victoria, I actually posted in Inferis's thread a while back to say that I could do it whenever necessary. Give me a couple of weeks, though, because I'm on vacation right now. :)

:confused: so the program just shows the position of items and nothing else?

how to make any changes? I can't drag and drop or anything for that matter, just look at it. :(

Perhaps you could make the Positions Editor more generic.

Have a file called settings.txt, with
X=936
Y=360

and a file called objects.txt, with
Code:
object = 
{
	name="Fort"
	xColumn=12
	yColumn=13
	image=
	{
		path="gfx\interface\eyr\small_forts.bmp"
		bounds={x=120 y=0 width=20 height=14}
		transparency=
		{
			color={R=0 G=255 B=0}
		}
	}
}
object = 
{
	name="Army"
	xColumn=14
	yColumn=15
	image=
	{
		path="gfx\map\units\bmp\T-ARMY C-MIN A-FIRE D-NE.bmp"
		bounds={x=0 y=0 width=64 height=64}
		transparency=
		{
			color={R=0 G=255 B=255}
			color={R=255 G=0 B=255}
		}
	}
}
object = 
{
	name="Port"
	xColumn=16
	yColumn=17
	image=
	{
		path="gfx\map\harbour.bmp"
		bounds={x=0 y=0 width=32 height=40}
		transparency=
		{
			color={R=0 G=255 B=0}
		}
	}
}

szmik said:
:confused: so the program just shows the position of items and nothing else?

how to make any changes? I can't drag and drop or anything for that matter, just look at it. :(

You double click the province, then you press the thing you want to change position of an dpress on the map where you want it to be. ;)

too easy to find by myself :rofl:

great tool indeed :)

edit:
litle bug
when you press buton to edit 4th terrain feature, 2nd one is selected.

Last edited:
Yes, it uses id.tbl and boundbox.tbl, since those were easiest to use (I added boundbox later). That's why I was interested in your project; I want to use lightmaps, but no one has done it in Java yet. I thought I could do it myself, but I just don't have enough time.

MichaelM said:
Yes, it uses id.tbl and boundbox.tbl, since those were easiest to use (I added boundbox later). That's why I was interested in your project; I want to use lightmaps, but no one has done it in Java yet. I thought I could do it myself, but I just don't have enough time.
:(

Now the question is how will those moving provinces around change the positions?