• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You might well consider to upgrade the DD design to lvl. 5. The upgrade from DD-IV to DD-V is worth better than from DD-V to DD-VI.
Are you expecting fights in Home islands? Or what is your reason to build infra in there? (except a secret Japanese Manhatan Project like :D)

Another twelve more modern Destroyer Flotillas were also ordered with additional Convoy ships being added to list a week later.

Level IV = modern? And I thought the level VII ones are the modern ones ;)

But who am I to question any Japanese minister? If they say that's modern it simply has to be. According to Japanese research it may seem modern...

Nice updates, your service to the readers is great!

Minister Ginjiro had long sought to improve the infrastructure of the Japanese mainland as some provinces were well below the high standards set by Tokyo and other major cities. The completion of the major upgrades to the Japanese Airforce bomber squadrons had allowed him enough spare capacity to begin the slow process of road and rail construction.​

feb10490900gr1.jpg

How is your infrastructure overall?

How is your infrastructure overall?

Actually the situation is clear from the picture you quoted: provinces where he is building infra are between 40 and 80%, the remaining home island provinces are most probably 100%.

@Remble: It's almost unbelievable to see Japanese soldiers on the offence in Europe. But I think I will get used to it, eventually. :D

Does additional infra aid you with anything but additional TC? IIRC in DD factory build times are no longer influenced by infra (or was it ArmA?). In any case I don't expect you to buold any factories, since you a) have plenty and b) don't want to spend manpower on constructing them.

Ah the Japanese (european) advance begins :D

Looks like your interceptors in North Africa where in the wrong place at the wrong time - for the USAAF :D

5 divisions defending Cyprus - now you now they fear you :rofl:

In ARMA 1.0 starting the 44' scenario would I be able to blow the shit out of the British forces in Burma with my TACs and CAS if I put them in groups of 16? I have only just realized the potential of NAV and am eager to try this.

Actually the situation is clear from the picture you quoted: provinces where he is building infra are between 40 and 80%, the remaining home island provinces are most probably 100%.

*has a duh moment*

Given that a) it's still February, and b) you just added some new enemies, is your offensive in Europe designed to put you on a proper line
to, er, greet the newcomers from Spain, etc?

you`re so kind to your people.

Japanese labor force are working so hard for several years without asking too much and giving them better bike roads is gonna make them happy and pleased.

and better bicycle parking lots :)

after the infrastructure is built, they`ll be working harder even they are doing the work :D good investment.

In ARMA 1.0 starting the 44' scenario would I be able to blow the shit out of the British forces in Burma with my TACs and CAS if I put them in groups of 16? I have only just realized the potential of NAV and am eager to try this.

Deffinitely. ARMA didn't change the relevant attack values (they are the same in 1.1, too, IIRC), however the damage taken by the aircraft has been modified.

So while you can damage the enemy troops just like Remble does with DD, your planes will take much higher losses, thus forcing you to rotate squadrons more often to keep up the strength of the attack and also reducing the amount of experience gained. However it also depends on the size of the enemy stack. Small stacks without AA protection are fairly easy to rip apart while large stacks will cost you dearly, even if they have no AA guns.

One of Remble's great advantages are his highly experienced bomber and CAS pilots. In ARMA, they would generally be less experienced and therefore less effective. Their planes, however, would still be as deadly as in DD.

Good stuff as always. From appearances, you have seized the initiative once again. Looks like a nice little pocket appearing in the southern former Soviet territory.

I, too, wonder about builidng infrastructure. Is it merely for role-playing purposes? There is some small need for infrastructure in the defense, but I see a defense of the home island as increasingly unlikely.

-- Beppo

Zero manpowercost.
Supplies would also have zero manpower cost. Remble must have a very good reason to build infra on his home islands. He said something about supplies being able to reach their depots more easily?

Deffinitely. ARMA didn't change the relevant attack values (they are the same in 1.1, too, IIRC), however the damage taken by the aircraft has been modified.

So while you can damage the enemy troops just like Remble does with DD, your planes will take much higher losses, thus forcing you to rotate squadrons more often to keep up the strength of the attack and also reducing the amount of experience gained. However it also depends on the size of the enemy stack. Small stacks without AA protection are fairly easy to rip apart while large stacks will cost you dearly, even if they have no AA guns.

One of Remble's great advantages are his highly experienced bomber and CAS pilots. In ARMA, they would generally be less experienced and therefore less effective. Their planes, however, would still be as deadly as in DD.

I played around with Italy in the 39' scenario and grouped my TAC and CAS together in a group of 8. While the results werent mind boggling single and pairs of divisions fell in up to 4 strikes.

As I build more CAS and upgrades their doctrine I was destroying NZ and SA divisions at an almost laughable speed.

With my "Death Star" of 16 bomber groups, I reduced the Soviets to a mere 80 divisions by 1942!