• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Krogzar said:
I wonder where Improbable will hit, but the name will suit the operation, mostly concidering your current situation.
Baku would fit perfectly as there is no other reason to annex Persia if not for an offensive there.

Improbable has to be in Central China, Soviet strength there has been completely eliminated. They even have a hole in their lines.

Anywhere else and I think the Operation will be pointless.

One thing I want the know, where were the forces previously alotted to Operation Tedious sent? Central China I hope.

Good monthly update.

It could also be a raid on South Africa or the Panama Canal.

To be honest invading the US could have been done when he reached hawaii but what's the point? It makes the game so easy and the point of this aar is to make this game long and entertaining. Besides once he finishes the soviets, it's basically game over for that very same reason.

A very good name for the operation, though I am still awaiting just how you intend to operate it. I suppose the idea is not for a single general offensive; that would nothing but foolish with your current manpower problem, so I expect a more well planned operation, down to the hour, whereby you trap the most amount of Soviet troops as possible. Well good luck with that; it is probably the last thing the Soviets really expect. Also, I like Hirohito's bluntness in Annexing Persia, brought out a smile :)

I am curious about your overall plan aganist the Red Horde.They are not like Germany,you can't make their manpower go zero.Their industry is too big to bleed from those losses..With every assault,they are losing more divisions,yet your breath space will soon end.What are you gonna do?Make them bleed enough to take the lost places back,and restart the whole thing?

My experience is that when you damage their Divisions from the Air the AI tends to under-allocate reinforcements, concentrating on building new Divisions instead of reinforcing existing ones. That could be his angle, especially if he manages to damage them faster than they can build new ones.

Even if it's the Soviet Union and not Germany, yet their manpower is not infinite. I, for one, wished the AI would allocate every drop of resource needed for reinforcements. That way it would take a geological era to destroy the Red Army.

DvD-IT said:
Even if it's the Soviet Union and not Germany, yet their manpower is not infinite. I, for one, wished the AI would allocate every drop of resource needed for reinforcements. That way it would take a geological era to destroy the Red Army.

Their manpower is not infinite,true.

But,is China enough for 3000 manpower? (assuming they have so)

Also,Japan's MP is not infinite too!(if I remember right,it's near ending. :p)

If you could get Afganistan onto your side, you could damage the Soviets a lot. My experience is that they don't guard that area a lot, leaving it open to exploitation. But it would make your front longer, which would be bad...

GeneralHannibal said:
If you could get Afganistan onto your side, you could damage the Soviets a lot. My experience is that they don't guard that area a lot, leaving it open to exploitation. But it would make your front longer, which would be bad...

They would get to about Baikonur before the Soviets rolled them into oblivion and had a nice door into India.

Chief Savage Ma said:
They would get to about Baikonur before the Soviets rolled them into oblivion and had a nice door into India.

That's why I think Afghanistan is much better off as a neutral buffer state. I also graciously disagree with the Emperor's decision to order the annexation of Persia. Of course, the Emperor has spoken and people have to oblidge to his command. So I hope Remble can handle the consequences of that decision. :)

Excellent work with the ground attack aircraft. Keep up those casualty rates and the USSR wont have any men to defend itself from Japan in no time. :cool:

great, one less enemy ... you`re removing them one by one. now, you need some bombers over there. the North Indian squadrons will be back, i guess. maybe, you sent just half of them ??? as you say, we will see ... :)

Operation improbable, hmm.... what`s improbable for you? are you gonna make an amphibious assault to Switzerland? :rofl: you need to declare war first :rofl: pardon, it is gonna be Operation Impossible ...

i think, Stalin is paranoiac enough to think about all improbabilities, including an offensive starting from Ulan-Hot to the Pacific... :p

Krogzar said:
I wonder where Improbable will hit

I can´t think of anywhere else than Manchuria. But of course the name feeds my doubt that this (obvious) area of operations is the right guess. Tanks and motorized units are a bit more in the west, so I guess from there to the east. A full scale offence with the bombers hitting all retreating units. That would be great. And improbable :).

I was absent for about 5 months and 1 year has passed. The good thing is that Soviets have 200 divisions less, bad is your TC and MP situation and barely alive puppets.

Your TC will be improbable high by the time you reach Ural (and ESE low). IMO it will kill any possibility for offensive in Europe and America. So the more divisions Soviets pour into Persia, India and China it is better because your TC is not so high.
It may also happen that USA/ Allies will take advantage of your low ESE and successfully make amphibious attacks in Pacific or India, which would be bad.

I understand no puppets rule, however without MP (and garrisons) you will be stopped by low ESE and disbanding troops will help a few times only (what is your ultimate MP reserve in units that may be disbanded?).
I can envision TC in order 1500/700 or worse (I do not remember how many IC Soviets have in Asia) while your troops crawl into Europe - do you have plan to fight TC ?

(I have proposed you to edit that Japan-AI manpower events long time ago, but it would not surprise me if the answer is still no).

Good luck with your next operation!

Connavar said:
Improbable would also be raiding South Africa ...

All divisions are needed in northern China/Manchuria, so I doubt that Remble is going for any side trips.