• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Maybe you should build a few more TACs...I know you dont want to, but you might have to in order to keep your puppets.
Pity about that "one miracle per game" rule.
You can always edit yourself a miracle. :p

Those MP events would be nice right about now...

You really need to catch Sprague, he really clobbered that transport fleet.

I didn't do it intentionally, but rereading my last post I think nieusance sounds like a good name for an operation, especially if it's ones behind the Soviet lines in Siberia.

Yes! Let's see that!
Operation Irritation could be a feasible name...

Winter would be a good ally. And I am also interested in the state of your manpower. Even though the Soviets are suffering the majority of the casualties, your own reserves were rather slim as I recall.

First off: I'm happy that you picked my mission name, I just like the sound of the word. English has a few of those words that actually mean what they sound like and with a perfect example of that statement awkward.

Anyways awesome update, loved the narrative part, too bad the youngster had to die, but that's war.

/Krogzar

Kanaga is very wise - if there are snipers about the best place to be is next to a new fish. Sad but true. Konev, Zhukov, Rock-'em Sock-'emski... You're facing the Red Army Allstars now! How long before we hear thos immortal words: 'You have failed me for the last time, General...'?

The situation at the Soviet front will be more tough as time pass by. You dont have the manpower to keep them to the borders for ever mate. You must take some actions. The Soviets dont have second front (Germany is out) so they will transfer more divisions from west to the east.
I have read your German AAR then u have some chances but now.... well .... will see mate :confused:

Fortunately the Soviet troops insist on attacking at night. Otherwise you would be much closer to the home islands by now.

I don't remember similar problems in you Germany AAR so could the night-attack inclination be caused by the theater, namely that daylight starts around 22:00, IIRC?

In any case, your situation grow more perilous by the minute though you still manage to hold out admirably. Best of luck and thank you for the narratives. They serve their purpose excellently to lighten up an otherwise rather repetitive tale of trench warfare. But I prefer this to the alternative of reading about the IJA in full retreat.

Good thing that the AI only reinforces 10% at all times...cause enough damage and their divisions will be rather...frail.
Of course, you have to burn their manpower out first...

Manziel - I won't hold my current position but might keep my puppets alive.

robou - Thank you. Both are under pretty heavy attack but Harbin is better terrain fortunately. Lynchpin is a nice word and gains you the fifth spot for operational names. I like to try some narrative occasionally :)

ColossusCrusher - MP events would be very nice indeed. I may build 8 more TAC's over the Winter. Irritation is a little too similar to Tedious but could be used at a later date :)

Maj. von Mauser - Tedious will be the irritating and nuisance operation :) Sprague is a pain for certain but relatively harmless considering the Carriers the USN has now.

alan_le_cowboy - Observant as ever. The Soviet build up is reaching the point of not being able to hold it. Estimation on Soviet MP would be close to 2000 as they began with 1500 ish and haven't built much.

Thurak - Sprague is providing some light entertainment :)

Inner Circle - I might do one or the other. You guys have covered their angles earlier and I have no objection if you wish to do so again :)

genbrad - Had the Soviets DoW'd earlier I might already be defending Japan and not Asia and Hawaii. Manpower is covered in the update.

stnylan - Winter is never close enough when you want it but it is getting closer.

Krogzar - Thanks. As I am not overly heavy on narrative I don't generally like to provide too much character background and allow them to become integral to the plot, hence he had a short AAR career.

Jon Young - Fortunately at this stage of the game the Soviet Allstars are against some equally competant Japanese ones :)

Mythos1978 - I am expecting to lose some ground shortly but I think I can hold until Winter relatively in tact. What happens in the Spring will depend on how effectively I can bomb them during Winter.

Sokraates - It seems fairly universal that the AI times attacks badly but the time zones do seem to make it worse in this case. Congratulations on mentioning the 'secret' word and gaining another operation. The word was 'retreat'.

ColossusCrusher - They have too much manpower to brn it out unfortunately. I can probably burn out the US but no chance of the SU.

Current operations:-

Tedious - Panzer6 - Planned and about to start.
Komodo - alan_le_cowboy - Early planning. Classified.
Retreat - Sokraates - Planned and about to start. Classified.
Improbable - Krogzar - No current plans.
Lynchpin - robou - No current plans.

This provides me with enough to be going on with. Thank you all for your suggestions and comments.

Update to follow ...

Last edited:
Update (August 1st 1946)

0000 August 1st 1946.
Imperial Palace. Tokyo, Japan.

"Good morning your Majesty, Gentlemen. We shall begin with the Armed Forces as they seem to have been most active." Hideki began the meeting.

"Your Majesty, Gentlemen, good morning." began Tanigawa. "Following the conclusion of Operation Mystery the Pacific has become extremely quiet. Only one enemy fleet has been detected during July in the entire region. The only other fleet spotted was being used to try and attack Colombo on the island of Ceylon. Minster Osami will give a more detailed briefing on the fleet we did encounter.

Asia is a different matter entirely. We have not been forced to withdraw to our original planned positions as of yet but the number of enemy troops arriving across the entire region is growing daily. The odds of us holding our current defensive lines are remote at best once these forces begin to be used cohesively. Increasing attacks against both Harbin and Bayan Tumen lead me to believe that we will lose one or both during August unless we increase their defences considerably."

"Can we increase the defences?" Hirohito asked.

"No your Majesty, we would merely risk being over run elsewhere."

"Well we expected to be making a Tactical withdrawal already so we are ahead of our plan for the time being."

"That we are your Majesty. The Allied forces in India are under control at this time, however they have been provided with some air protection which could delay our plans in this area. The extra Tactical bombers being used here are needed elsewhere but they cannot leave until the area is secure again. We shall keep monitoring the position and may have to send additional Interceptors to help out. Over to Minister Satoru for a more detailed briefing." Tanigawa concluded.

"Good morning your Majesty, Gentlemen. Thank you Minister Tanigawa. I shall begin with a change in our command structure." Satoru began.​

aug1460000sug.jpg

"Field Marshal Sugiyama has been relieved of his post defending the Home Islands as there are no longer sufficient troops here that would require a Commander of his rank. He has been replaced by General Kano. Sugiyama will become second in command of North China Army and has taken up his post with 15th Army in Urumqi. He is our only Field Marshal who excels in defence. Field Marshal Terauchi still commands the Kwantung Army with Field Marshal Hata as his second in command."​

aug1460000haw.jpg

"The only thing of any note in the Pacific that Minister Osami won't be covering is the defence of the Hawaiian Islands. Our troops are now deployed on their respective islands and merely await the Allies to try and pay them a visit. Four Interceptor squadrons are based here to provide defence against enemy port strikes until such time as they can begin naval patrols. Carrier Groups C and D are also still here."​

aug1460000asia.jpg

"Moving on to Asia. No territory has changed hands at all in this region. Minister Tanigawa has already explained that this is almost certain to change. We do have the other eight Close Air Support bombers available after returning from the Pacific. We expect it to take almost another month to fully upgrade these aircraft. Our current Headquarters divisions have been highlighted and are mostly in and around Manchuria. We will be moving one to Sinkiang to aid in that areas defence."​

jul6461000gr1.jpg

"During July Admiral Triye conducted a preliminary reconnaisance of the Siberian Peninsula. There were no enemy forces visible during his patrol. The planning stages have therefore been concluded and Operation Tedious will now begin. The purpose of this operation is to launch hit and run raids along this coast to attempt to divert Soviet troops towards this area. We have no intention of advancing at all unless no response is detected."​

aug1460000sak.jpg

"A second part of this operation is to secure Sakhalin Island. The Soviets have already abandoned Toyohara and look to be totally evacuating the island. We will invade if the do so. There is a causeway between the island and the mainland which will then be blocked by Admiral Triye and his Destroyer Flotillas. He will then remain in the Northern Gulf of Tartary indefinfately to prevent the Red Army returning to the island."​

jul30460100gr1.jpg

"The Imperial Japanese Navy has been busy during July. Their Transport fleets have moved troops from many places throughout the western Pacific and delivered them to Fukuoka for further deployment. These forces include seven infantry divisions and three headquarters divisions. They will be used as needed to suppliment defences in Asia with a second force being used for Operation Tedious. Indonesia and the Philippines are no longer garrisoned as a result. Further troops may be withdrawn from the Pacific if the Allies continue to do nothing aggressive.

Admiral Mikawa currently has four Manchurian Cavalry divisions which were picked up from the highlighted provinces. They will also head to Fukuoka and after a small period of repairs the Transport fleets will begin the plans for Siberia. These divisions are under Japanese control and we will therefore be supplying them."​

aug1460000ind.jpg

"India is under no direct threat. Karachi is currently unoccupied by enemy forces after a moderately successful bombing campaign which has since run in to some problems. We will continue to allow British forces to enter this area and destroy them piecemeal as and when we can."​

aug1460000chnw.jpg

"Sinkiang is also still pretty much under control with our Dive bombers keeping enemy numbers down. There has been some evidence of an increased number of enemy troops arriving on the border and moving forwards. There is no immediate concern here."​

aug1460000chcen.jpg

"A similar situation exists in former Mongolia where we are trying to advance a little until we meet opposition. Bayan Tumen in the east has been under heavy attack for some time and Soviet numbers are growing daily. We do not expect to hold this province for much longer as the terrain is not condusive to defence. We will pull back into the mountains at the appropriate time."​

aug1460000chne.jpg

"The build up of Red Army forces is also increasing in pace in Manchuria. A large part of these forces is thought to have come from Sakhalin Island. Vladivostok is heavily defended and the pressure on Harbin is growing with frequent attacks, mostly at night. Should the Soviets switch to daylight attacks casualties will increase dramatically and we may lose the vital airbase in Harbin. The loss of Bayan Tumen or Harbin could easily de-stabalise the entire region with added pressure being applied to Ulan Hot as a result. This region has little room for manouver to the south and we could be forced into Korea if things go badly.

One thing of note is that Winter is not too far off which could halt most of the enemy attacks and give us some time to weaken their forces by constant air attacks. The downside is that it also gives the Red Army time to fully deploy for Spring which could be a very bloody time all across Asia. Our counter attack opportunities have lessened as the enemy forces arrive in larger numbers and we are almost totally defensive across the entire front."​

aug1460000army.jpg

"Our current ground forces are shown here. An increasing number of troops are becoming available from our Allies of varying degrees of usefullness. Manchukuo continues to provide the best assistance to our forces and we would wish to keep them as a puppet for as long as we possibly can. We are not producing anything that will increase our ground strength as we are concentrating on Naval builds to try and at least partially modernise our fleet. Over to Minister Osami for a Naval briefing." Satoru concluded.

"Thank you. Good morning your Majesty, Gentlemen. In addition to the operation already mentioned we will be launching another in the Pacific. Operation Retreat will commence almost immediately as the enemy has little chance to stop it. The target will remain classified until its conclusion."

"Not from me it won't Minister Osami. I am not sure I like that name either." stated the Emperor.

"Of course not your Majesty, I will brief you after the meeting. The name is appropriate as you will also see. One enemy fleet was detected in the Pacific during July as has been mentioned. It is a Carrier fleet containing two modern Aircraft Carriers and it has been operating almost at will behind our lines. Admiral Ozawa is pursuing it as we speak.

Only two ships or flotillas were lost during July both involving this enemy fleet. We lost the Heavy Cruiser IJN Tone and they lost a Destroyer Division to our bombers. Our repairing fleet is safely in Tokyo where it will take months of work to make all the ships fully operational. Nothing more from the Armed Forces." Osami concluded.​

"Intelligence please."

"Good morning your Majesty, Gentlemen." Kuniaki began. "Reports carry the usual caveat on accuracy as I have not been able to infiltrate the enemy sufficiently to provide anything better."​

aug1460000intsov.jpg

"Soviet production has increased slightly. Two research projects were completed, a better computer and improved oil plant. Of more concern is the research into Encryption which would remove our small advantage in this area once completed.

The numbers indicate a loss of fifteen infantry divisions and two armoured over the last month. This is not really high enough but we can not do much better for now. No change to Airforce or Navy."​

aug1460000intuk.jpg

"British industry is back to suffering shortages regularly. They completed three research projects including a newer Submarine variant.

Six extra infantry divisions are indicated and are likely to be lent forces in the Middle East. We expect that they have actually lost troops due to our bombing campaign. The Royal Navy and Airforce are largely unchanged."​

aug1460000intus.jpg

"No change to American industry and two research projects completed. An improved Tank and Heavy Cruiser variant completed trials.

A small increase in Infantry numbers with no noticable change to aircraft. The United States Navy has three extra Aircraft Carriers and we certainly hope that they cannot continue with their current rate of production on these vessels or we could be in considerable trouble sooner or later."​

aug1460000intjap.jpg

"We completed no projects and are not expecting to finish any in August with the possible exception of a better Interceptor model. Done." concluded Kuniaki.

"Diplomacy please."

"Good morning your Majesty, Gentlemen. Only one thing of note to add. Tannu Tuva decided to re-align itself with the Soviets and is now at War with us. We were given no warning of this and had to find out using back channels. Minister Ginjiro and myself have been having several discussions the results of which he will cover in his report." concluded Mamoru.

"Thank you Minister Mamoru. Good morning your Majesty, Gentlemen." Ginjiro began. "We face a few problems industrially. All of these problems originate from various resources that I will cover in more detail."​

aug1460000prod.jpg

"Firstly standard reports. Transport Capacity is still overstretched but is under control in this respect. I began the construction of both Battlecruisers and Carriers to assist the older ships of the Imperial Japanese Navy. Reinforcements are mostly for ships and aircraft with upgrades nearly all being performed on aircraft with our Dive bombers the highest priority.

Rare materials and Metal are of little worry for the time being with Siam still providing us with large quantities. Money is also no real problem but it is only increasing slowly. Other areas are of more concern.

The one in red is the most significant and needs to be brought to everyones attention. Our manpower pool is currently required to provide just over half its number to repair damaged forces and we only add eighteen new manpower a month. This situation has now become critical enough that I wish to be granted leave to disband some forces as required to maintain both production and repairs."

"Paratroops and non-front line headquarters only for the time being. We do not wish to be too drastic with Winter approaching." the Emperor stated.

"Thank you your Majesty. The grey areas have been discussed between myself and Minister Mamoru. A large aprt of the energy problem stems from oil conversion and we wish to increase our oil reserves using metal as and when we can. This should save a lot on energy which is declining rapidly. We shall also endeavour to use our Rare materials surplus to import more energy from South America where our convoys are getting through almost unmolested on most occasions now.

One final problem is our Supply situation. The increasing need for additional supplies for troops in Asia is draining our reserves faster than we can produce surplus. We shall also look into re-negotiating trades to reduce this problem and also to try and alter some agreements to use our more numerous resources instead of supplies. Once our upgrading process concludes we can easily rebuild our stockpile but this is likely to only be possible during the Winter. I think that covers everything." Ginjiro concluded.

"Thank you Gentlemen. At least one of our main enemies seems to be almost impotent right now which is a very good thing considering the problems Stalin is creating in Asia. Let us hope Winter comes early this year." stated Hirohito as he left followed by Minister Osami.​

US CV build up is a bad news for you but a good news for us as we can be sure we will have naval battles again and again... :rolleyes:

I have two subjects to talk about.

About Persia, until now, you said you do not want to invade it to avoid to increase your frontline.
Now you are at war with SOV, you could, after having finished the UK troops bombing:
- run into Persia with aircover given by Bandar Abbas base,
- annex,
- retreat and let SOV take Persia.
I see three advantages : you remove Persia and get stockpile, you divert some SOV units from North China and you prevent UK from attacking as they are not allied with SOV.

In the ground army comparaison, we can see you have 10 HQ, have you already disbanded some HQ? you had 12 HQ at the beginning of the campaign... If yes, is your MP shown in this report before or after disbanding HQ?

Last edited: