• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Last edited:
No Update Today?

No update today, Remble's gone away
The readAARs stare for lorn, a symbol of the dawn
No update today, such uncommon sight
Moderators passing by don't know the reason why

How could they know just what this empt'ness means
The end of our hopes, the end of all our dreams
How could they know the updates there had been
From that greatest game where Remble reigned supreme.

:(

Just caught up. It looks like the battle for the Pacific is being won in and around the Marianas. I'm impressed with how the situation in Burma/Siam has semi-stabilised. A masterful use of resources.

Deus, AdmiralNelson - More arrows? hmm I shall see what I can do.

Reado - I have a long long way to go if I can win this. My army is about 1/3rd of the size I will need if not even more. I doubt I am going to have much of an army to stop the Russians when they decide to visit.

Delex - Bangkok would lose me Siam and I can't afford for that to happen but thanks for the warning :)

dublish - The Soviets were a little slow for once. As soon as the majority of the chinese forces are destroyed most of the army will move to Siam or that general area. I will be saving some for a secret operation.

I Killed Kenny - You could well be right. I have no idea if I can win this as Japan as I have never tried. My little island is safe though for some time I think which is the main thing.

Panzer6 - Air power is nice when you have it certainly and you are correct I will be, and have been, using it to the maximum effect. I have no qualms about using it as it can be used under the circumstances.

Juan_de_Marco - Welcome aboard :)

Kurt_Steiner - Cunning plans. We all have those :D

Sokraates - In times gone by I would have attacked that fleet with Yamamoto's without even thinking about it. 4 American ships with only one carrier against 16 with 3 BB's is normally good odds. I am getting very picky about when I attack, maybe slightly too picky.

The updates have been a little thin this week, I think I missed two days. You can blame it on the company that decided I needed to work rather sit at home all day. I don't work weekends though so I can plan ahead from now on and have updates ready ahead of time :)

stnylan - Thank you :)

There will be an update in an hour or two, I just need to play a couple weeks first to get some material.

Originally posted by Remble:
The updates have been a little thin this week, I think I missed two days. You can blame it on the company that decided I needed to work rather sit at home all day. I don't work weekends though so I can plan ahead from now on and have updates ready ahead of time :)

Capitalists...! =\

:p

An Alliance Shatters

0300 October 8th 1944.
25th Army Headquarters. Singapore Indochina.

Yamamoto was taking some time away from BB Division 1 to discuss the present situation in Burma and China with Field Marshal Kanin, the Commander of 25th Army Headquarters, who was responsible for the defences of Singapore. Yamamoto's fleet was using the port facilities of the province to carry out some minor repairs while it waited to catch Admiral Kinkaid's fleet under favourable conditions.

"Things seem to be going fairly well overall in our current land campaigns." Yamamoto observed.

"We are making good progress Admiral. Of course it helps that our enemies are not able to penetrate your defences to land behind our lines." replied Kanin.

"So far Field Marshal, so far."

Kanin's headquarters was a fairly standard bunker defence with fortified coastal positions which was just as well. Several large explosions could be heard close by, their sound dulled by the thick walls of the bunker currently occupied by the Commander of the Pacific and Kanin.

"Your troops seem to be using a lot of live ammunition for their practice Field Marshal." Yamamoto said with little concern.

"That is not Japanese artillery fire Admiral." replied Kanin getting to his feet and heading for his command post. "It is British."

Yamamoto followed the Field Marshal to find out what exactly was going on. The initial report that Kanin received when he arrived at his headquarters told him that three British divisions were attempting to land on the outskirts of Singapore. These troops did not appear to have Naval Gunfire Support.

"I think you might want to stop this landing Admiral if you want a safe port to repair your ships in." said Kanin.

"How long can you hold?" asked Yamamoto.

"Long enough Admiral, we have very good coastal defences that will make things very difficult for the enemy."​

oct8440300gr3.jpg

"Can you get a message to BB Division 1 to make ready to sail as soon as I arrive please Field Marshal."

"Consider it done Admiral." replied Kanin to the vacant spot where Yamamoto had been standing.​

oct8440600gr2.jpg

There was an update on Kinkaid's Carrier fleet waiting for Yamamoto as he entered the bridge of IJN Yamashiro. His current course had him heading away from the area which would make hunting the invasion fleet a little easier.​

oct8440600gr3.jpg

A second report informed the Yamamoto that Admiral Mikawa had embarked the troops in Sorong and was safely headed towards Davao. The small American fleet that he might run in to was not thought to be any concern.

BB Division 1 entered the Bangka Strait at 0800 hours and immediately went to battle stations.​

oct8440800gr1.jpg

HMS Ceylon, the single Light Cruiser guarding the three Transport fleets that were supporting the invasion, was blown out of the water in a hail of gunfire with the Battleship IJN Ise getting the final blow. The only other ship to sink would be the 3rd Transport Flotilla which was sunk by IJN Hyuga.

The invasion was over less than ten hours after it had begun. Yamamoto went after the fleeing Transport Flotillas, he did not want them to escape.​

0100 October 9th 1944.
North China Army Headquarters. Jinghong, China.

Higashikuni had moved his headquarters to the Japanese front line with the British in Burma. The news coming from Singapore was a little disturbing but he knew it was under control now.​

oct9440100gr1.jpg

His own forces had started another attack in China to reduce the ability of the enemy to strike back.

Lt. General Hoshinato was leading his armoured korps across the river against Communist Chinese in Pingliang. Support was being provided by two Cavalry divisions and all nine Tactical bomber squadrons.

Hoshinato would have had no chance of winning this battle alone but with the help of the extra forces he was able to overcome the stubborn defences after a battle lasting over twenty four hours.​

1400 October 9th 1944.
BB Division 1 Flagship. IJN Yamashiro, South Malacca Strait.

There were not many enemy ships that could not out run Yamamoto's older fleet but Transports were something he could catch.​

oct9441400gr1.jpg

The remaining two British Transport Flotillas were sunk by the Battleships IJN Hyuga and IJN Yamashiro along with the troops that they were carrying.​

oct9442100gr1.jpg

Admiral Koga had been forced to sail into the North Mariana trench to sink another British Transport Flotilla after repeated attempts by the Submarine fleet had failed to close and sink the enemy fleet. The Battleship IJN Fuso would claim the kill.​

oct10440000gr1.jpg

More good news arrived at 0000 hours on October 10th. Another Aircraft Carrier had finished its sea trials and had joined Carrier Group C in Tokyo. The extra production from the completion of IJN Katsuragi and its Carrier Air Group would be utilised for repairs.

Six more infantry divisions had also been outfitted and were currently reorganising in Fukuoka before being shipped south. Further production of these troops was also halted until new technology was available.​

0900 October 10th 1944.
North China Army Headquarters. Jinghong, China.

More good news arrived at Higashikuni's headquarters when the advance of Japanese forces into Luoyang was reported.​

oct10440900gr1.jpg

Once again Japanese stockpiles had grown considerably due to advances by his forces in mainland China. Another full month of energy supplies was amongst other resources taken.

Additional good news reported the move of the Chinese capital to Yichang province. Japanese troops were already marching towards this province having defeated its defenders.

The news got even better at 1700 hours.​

oct10441700gr1.jpg

Advances by forces in the north of China had now completely enveloped the Communist and Nationalist center. Time was now all that was needed to defeat these enemies.​

oct1144000gr1.jpg

Reinforcements had also begun to arrive in Thom Buri with Lt. General Kozuki the first to arrive with his two infantry divisions. These would be further reinforced by the two marine divisions heading north from Kra.​

2200 October 10th 1944.
BB Division 1 Flagship. IJN Yamashiro, Bangka Strait.

With the american fleet apparently heading away from the area Yamamoto had resumed his defence of the Bangka Strait. Aircraft were still picking up Kinkaid's fleet periodically.​

oct10442200gr1.jpg

The latest report had him heading south between Borneo and the Celebes. It was possible he was heading back towards Singapore but only time would tell.​

0000 October 11th 1944.
Diplomatic Offices. Tokyo, Japan.

Mamoru had been waiting for the German Ambassador to return to Japan after a trip back to his home Country.​

oct1144000gr.jpg

He brokered another deal, using a large part of Japan's raw material reserves, that would see the remaining technology of Germany passing to Japanese scientists for further examintion.​

0200 October 12th 1944.
The Skies Above the North Mariana Trench.

American Strategic bombers had been systematically destroying the anti-aircraft defences of Saipan for several days.​

oct12440200gr1.jpg

Mj. General Fukui had been moved to Guam to provide air cover and he found the bombers over the sea as they headed back to base. The bombers had already suffered some damage to the anti-aircraft batteries on Saipan. Fukui and his fellow pilots made sure the damage increased, although his own aircraft would need some time for repairs after the combat as well.

Other Japanese aircraft had been very busy spotting a variety of different small fleets all around southern and central Indonesia. They had been too busy to keep an accurate track of Kinkaid and the USS Wasp.​

oct12440800gr1.jpg

Yamamoto now had no choice but to fight the Carrier during daylight. It was raining fairly heavily which made things considerably better for BB Division 1.

The 4th Destroyer Division sank within an hour leaving USS Wasp and its two Light Carriers with no screening ships. IJN Hyuga sank the Destroyer division.

Shortly before Kinkaid managed to open the range and escape the USS Wasp also succumed to Japanese shells. IJN Ise would provide the final fatal blow to Admiral Kinkaid's flagship. The two Light Carriers had also received severe damage during the last hour of the battle but both would escape despite a short chase by Yamamoto.​

0100 October 14th 1944.
Diplomatic Offices. Tokyo, Japan.

Some very disturbing reports had been arriving on Mamoru's desk over the last two days and he had been trying to piece them all together to provide an accurate picture before he would need to make a report on his findings. The Head of Intelligence, Koiso Kiniaki, had also been camping out in his office and comparing notes from his agents to that of Mamoru's envoys.

"We are agreed then?" asked Mamoru.

"Yes." replied Kiniaki. "Do you want to make the call or shall I?"

"I will." replied Mamoru picking up the phone and asking to be connected to the Prime Ministers office.

"Prime Minister I would like to have an emergency meeting of the Cabinet called immediately. Both Minister Kiniaki and myself have urgent news that cannot wait until the formal meeting in two weeks time." Mamoru told Hideki. After a brief pause as he waited for an answer he continued. "Yes I am sure its urgent, I am not about to waste the Emperors time or mine on triviality."

"Thirty minutes is enough time, yes." he replied after finally getting the answer he required.

"Let me guess he was busy." said Kiniaki sarcastically.

"Apparently so. Shall we go, it will take us most of the thirty minutes to get to the Imperial Palace."

"We may as well."​

It's good to see another american carrier at the bottom of the sea.

This is the best promotion paradox could get. I bought HOI2 - Doomsday myself last Weekend. :D (The first new game for over one and a half year) After one week of playing I see how much work is involved in writing this story and how much patience too.

Great work. No problem with the cliffhanger. I will still continue reading this AAR. But if you start with commercial breaks, I have to think twice abou it ;)

i hope, you will a write couple of pages more at the weekend. i don`t sleep without checking this page every night.

and waiting for second Russo-Japanese war ... you need both luck and more aircrafts. do you think you have enough aircraft for Russkies if we suppose you`re gonna keep some of them in the pasific and may be sparing some of them in Burma-India after ending the second Sino-Japanese war?

OK here are my predictions for this AAR:

1) Remble will mop up China before the USSR declares war.

2) Remble might have enough time to redeploy enough IJA forces to Burma and drive the British back into India before a Soviet DOW.

3) Remble will fight a delaying action all the way down to Indochina against the Soviets and inflict heavy casualties against them. He'll probably pocket several Soviets divisions in China but will be unable to drive them from China.

4) Remble will continue to maul the Allied navies and he will invade and conquer Australia and New Zealand, and possibly make a few landings in Korea where he can utilize his superior naval bombardmant to drive south and pocket Comintern forces there.

5) After that it is possible that Remble will invade and annex North America and open up fronts of opportunity wherever else he can before again trying to retake Eurasia.

You would've thought the British would know about Singapore's Coastal defences.

Or: The Germans launched a miraculous counterattack and regained all of their cores...the WunderWaffen exist!

Reactions:
ColossusCrusher said:
Or: The Germans launched a miraculous counterattack and regained all of their cores...the WunderWaffen exist!

It must have been the Funniest Joke of all Times. :D

@Remble: It's understandable that you are sopicky about engagements. Repairs cost time and IC and Japan has neither.

At least the National Chinese alleviate your resource problems. Albeit involuntarily.

By the way: why didn't you land your Marines in Thom Buri instead of marching them there from Kra?

Originally posted by Sokraates:
It must have been the Funniest Joke of all Times. :D

How could that be? I've heard the British were closest, but didn't want to use it of ethical reasons. :confused: