• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don't think the Americans will be holdong Eniwotok for long.

Nice update. ;)

Ah, Siam. Docile and loyal. It is quite fortunate that Remble is their master: he never betrays his puppets allies!

I was a [lurking] fan of your German AAR, and this Japanese one is shaping to be even better. Your meticulous yet concise narrative style is both unique and gripping; and it's quite interesting to see you take on a much more troublesome challenge than the Germans: in 1944, playing Japan is pretty much overwhelming. It has an outdated fleet facing the greatest navies in the world, an outdated infantry-heavy army trapped in various struggles against the Chinese, the British, the Americans, and soon the Soviets, and a seriously bad resource crisis that the coal-heavy Germans will never understand...

Yet you brought Japan from the brink of defeat this far. Amazing, I say!

P.S. Is it just me or Minister Mamoru will soon regret that he has to become enemies with such a pleasant man as the Soviet Ambassador? Even as war approaches, your diplomatic contact curiously increases dramatically compared to the last few months...

I thinkt that were still a few steps away from the war with the soviets. And in these circumstances I must say that the possibility of war with the Soviets is not big. I bet that he has better relations with them as the allies do. :)

Look what happens! Our broadband cap is reached so i cant look at Rembles updates without it taking ages to load, so i skip a few days. No big deal I think. WRONG.

Good job Remble, pummel them till they cant be pummelled any more! Glory to Japan!

Wowo. Things have calmed down and are looking good. The fleets in Bombay are a very nice present from the Allies. Let's hope your Tacs manage to sink some without too many losses.

I also notice that your resource situation has improved quite a lot. Some more trades and you might even get a surplus of energy and oil.

And finally: Hooray to upgrades! Triple hooray to 17 Sensuikantai!

P.S.: Operation Truth? Yet another secret operation? Has Trust already been finished?

WOW! Go Subs, also capture the british ships in Bombay, that would be funny. IJN Ramilies hehe

Sokraates said:

P.S.: Operation Truth? Yet another secret operation? Has Trust already been finished?

He's playing with our poor souls, you know... ;)

Hey Remble,

I have discovered few days ago this AAR and I really enjoy it: the story by itself and the way you are telling it are very good.

For the moment, you did not release any puppet, do you intend to do it to decrease belligerence and TC?
If you have to fight SOV, dont you think that releasing NatChi would give you many INF?

Cheers.

alan_le_cowboy, Remble has said a few times already that he's against creating puppets and new countries. After all, he's on a quest to make world geography as simple as possible.

Dasfubar said:
alan_le_cowboy, Remble has said a few times already that he's against creating puppets and new countries. After all, he's on a quest to make world geography as simple as possible.

Hello children today were going to do geography, over there is Siam, and Manchucko and Mengchucko (i cant spell) and all that yllow is our glorius empire of Japan. :cool:

Lord Strange said:
Hello children today were going to do geography, over there is Siam, and Manchucko and Mengchucko (i cant spell) and all that yllow is our glorius empire of Japan. :cool:

"And remember, children, in the glorious Empire of Japan, sushi is your friend." *is eating sushi while I type this*

Merlowe said:
They wont need maps anymore, just an yellow sphere.

For starters, you can rename Greenland "Yellowland". :p

I forgot about the Glorious 17 Sensuikentai!

Congratulations to them!!

All was quiet in the Westminster office that served as the Soviet embassy. 'You may see the Ambassador now, your excellency,' A minor British dignitary informed the Russian Ambassador to the UK. 'I would make it a quick meeting; the British Ambassador is rather busy right now.' This irked the Russian Ambassador; the soviet diplomatic corps was extremely thinly spread - he had just got off a plane from Tokyo in fact: having to serve as the Ambassador to multiple countries was a stressful job.

After some small talk, the Russian was incensed when a bone china cup of cold water was placed in his hands. Keeping a straight face, he merely remarked 'The Japanese Ambassador served me an excellent cup of tea the other day.'

On this, the British Ambassador pushed all of the papers off his desk, stood up and screamed 'I just can't take it anymore!' he then proceeded to destroy a number of expensive looking ornaments that cluttered the cramped room and then banged his head against the solid stone wall. The dignitary hissed in an undertone; 'You just had to mention it didn't you! Japanese forces have completely occupied all of our Asian holdings. You know what that means? There isn't a single tea-leaf from here to John'O'Groats! And his excellency really, really likes his tea!

The Russian Ambassador watched in bemusement as his apparently insane British counterpart was hurriedly given a large cup of coffee by embassy staff. Eyes staring wildly around him and mouth frothing, the ambassador whispered in a dead voice 'It's just not the same!' The dignitary pulled a silver hip-flask from his pocket; 'Here, make it an Irish Coffee,' as he poured a liberal amount of amber liquid into the cup, which spilled over into the elegantly painted saucer.

The cup shattered as it hit the ground. The British Ambassador stormed out of the office. A few seconds later, a single shot resounded through the building, which the Russian recognised as belonging to an Enfield No.2 Mk. 1 revolver. When, after about a minute of deadly silence, one of the embassy staff remarked, 'That was the eleventh member of the British government this week,' The Soviet stood up and walked out of the door, announcing 'I'm going back to Tokyo.'

You see what you have done remble? It is a well known fact that us Brits cannot possibly survive without tea. You have surely beaten us now.

(now I'm going to make myself a cup of tea)

Maj. von Mauser - Their invasion troops will return to Eniwetok and I do not wish to expand in the Pacific just yet as I cannot protect it all. The current line of islands is working very well and it will continue to be used to try and thin out the USN a little more.

Irenicus - Thank you and welcome. Things are going well so far but there is still the small matter of the Bear to contend with.

Deus - My relations are improving but the Soviets are coded to attack so they will at some point.

Riptide - Trade increase, particularly with the Soviets, is benefitting from the loss of so many ships of the Royal Navy. I even have some 90%+ trade efficiencies with South America on occasion.

Raaritsgozilla - Thank you. Leaving the forums for any length of time leads to a lot of reading :)

Reado - I expect Mamoru will be having tea parties alone at that point :)

Sokraates - Siam provided a large amount of rare materials and metal and if I can keep the trades with the Soviets I might manage to get energy positive. I had to double check to make sure it wasn't a bomber that sunk that French Submarine. You spotted my typo, it should have been Trust not Truth and has been corrected :p

Lord Strange - I wish I could capture them but its not going to happen. If I could blockade the port with enough forces it might happen but it is very unlikely. I will just settle for sinking as many as I can.

Murmurandus - Would I do that :p :D

alan_le_cowboy - Thank you and welcome. Dasfubar is correct, there will be no Countries released as it makes it too easy. Puppets fight without the penalties of VH setting and would be too powerful, that and I hate puppets :)

Lord Strange, Merlowe, Nathan Madien - If this becomes a World Conquest. I am still not decided if that will happen or if it is possible once the Soviets attack.

cloneof - Thank you.

Electric Sheep - Very nice. The lack of tea should be a big problem for the British for sure :D

Monthly update to follow ...

Update (July 1st 1945)

0000 July 1st 1945.
Imperial Palace. Japan, Tokyo.

Good morning your Majesty, Gentlemen." Hideki began the meeting. "As Minister Mamoru has not had a late night visitor this month we will start with Intelligence today please."

"Your Majesty, Gentlemen. Lack of funding has prevented me from expanding my network again during June and as always the following reports are not totally accurate." Kuniaki began.​

jul1450000intsov.jpg

"Soviet industry is unchanged and their Armed Forces are almost the same as last months report.

They made three technological advances. Improved Computing Machines, Semi-Modern Infantry and Advanced Logistics.

Due to several new trade agreements between our two Countries our relations have improved a little. They now merely hate us."​

jul1450000intuk.jpg

"The loss of large parts of India and Indochina have had a very profound effect on British industry. Not only do they have eight less factory complexes but the ones they do have are operating at almost 50% capacity due to a large shortage of rare materials. The capture of Kra removed their last remaining large area of production of this resource.

They completed research on three projects. The two we are aware of are Turbojet Tactical and Naval Bombers.

Their ground forces have been cut by almost 30% due to losses in both Indochina and India.

They also lost some aircraft but we do not know how many as our reports are always inaccurate for airforce sizes.

The numbers for the Royal Navy are not correct either. They almost certainly did not produce four more Battleships but we can confirm that they lost an Aircraft Carrier. The numbers also suggest the overall loss of one small ship."​

jul1450000intus.jpg

"United States industry is unchanged. They completed all five research projects that were underway last month.

Ground forces have increased slightly. Airforce numbers have increased dispite some suspected losses on Yap.

The numbers show a loss of one Battleship, which we can confirm, and a gain of one Carrier and four smaller ships."​

jul1450000intjap.jpg

"We completed no research projects during June but should complete one during July which is being helped by blueprints from our former German ally. This will be Trade Interdiction Submarines. Nothing further from me today." Kuniaki concluded.

"Industry next please."

"Good morning your Majesty, Gentlemen. June saw the completion of several projects including the last production planned for Infantry and Tactical bombers." Ginjiro began.​

jul1450000prod.jpg

"Our own factory output has increased by three due to captured territory in India. We began construction of more Close Air Support aircraft and Destroyer Flotillas.

I apologise for a slight problem with supplies to our forces during the early part of June, this was unavoidable as our convoys were overloaded with resources coming from Siam after Sittang was reconnected to Bangkok. I do not expect a similar problem in the future and I am still trying to increase our convoy transport numbers.

Our resource stockpiles increased dramatically for metal and rare materials, but energy is still a major problem, despite Minister Mamoru's attempts to alleviate the situation. Oil is also beginning to run a little low but is adequate for the time being. I am producing large quantities of supplies to try and provide for any further offensives as well as for trade.

Reinforcements are now under control and the production required is dropping fairly quickly. Some of the repairs are very long term for some of our ships. Some upgrades have also begun with certain units higher priority than others. The upgrade process is going to take at least six months I would think, particularly with the current supply demands.

The Transport Capacity situation is slowly improving as our forces arrive at their defensive positions and we are researching an improvement in this area which should also help somewhat. Nothing further from me today." Ginjiro concluded.

"Diplomacy please."

"Good morning your Majesty, Gentlemen. As has already been mentioned I have managed to negotiate some trades with the Soviets which have had a corresponding positive effect on relations between our two Countries. I will try and improve the energy situation even further when I can but this will require additional supplies.

There have been some indications of both Canada and Oman making some sort of offensive plans but I think we can safely ignore the threat from both Countries. Nothing further." Mamoru concluded.​

Last edited:
you made me look! well I mean your AAR made me try '44 Japan :) I learned a lot in the first week gametime, such as: headon colission with USN = Bad, at this point in time... going to try again tomorrow :)