• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nikolai

Basileus Romaion
78 Badges
Jun 17, 2001
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
The Boss said:
Just read it but as you said, nothing new this time.
So how we know this is not some kind of scandinavian conspiracy? Telling us there is nothing new while it could tell everything we want to know :rofl:

Veldmaarschalk said:
If I could read Norwegian I would :)

You should be able to.. i know old Swedish is very similar to Dutch.. especially once you pronounce it. Read as such it makes no sense. Norwegian isnt far away either..
Hey, i can read a lot of the Dutch ;)

Try pronouncing the words, and maybe then they will make sense..

ikki said:
You should be able to.. i know old Swedish is very similar to Dutch.. especially once you pronounce it. Read as such it makes no sense. Norwegian isnt far away either..
Hey, i can read a lot of the Dutch ;)

Try pronouncing the words, and maybe then they will make sense..
what about to an american :D

learn Dutch? :D

Hullu Hevonen said:
a dutch would still have difficulty understanding it. learn Danish, Swedish or what about Norwegian :D
Difficulty? I don't get it at all :D (and yes, I'm Dutch)

Well, he could learn Norwegian ofcourse...

Spoken Dutch sounds like Norwegian, just with gibberish instead of words.;) Written Dutch is unreadable for us. So why should a Dutchman understand us?:p

Because we're so much cooler? :D

Anyway, we might better get on topic, so any norwegian can give a good summery?

I'll see if I can get some time for a translation tomorrow.:) But why so confused with the name? The game's name is Europa Universalis: Rome after all.:)

The most interesting part in this article is the statement: "Rome will focus on empirebuilding, not to drift an empire once it has been created,..".

Can anyone confirm this statement?

".. therefore the game wont cover the whole roman history, but rather end when the player has established his empire."

Nikolai said:
I'll see if I can get some time for a translation tomorrow.:) But why so confused with the name? The game's name is Europa Universalis: Rome after all.:)
*in a whiney teenage voice* tomorrow! tomorrow! TOMORROW! I WANT IT NOW!

IngarStene said:
The most interesting part in this article is the statement: "Rome will focus on empirebuilding, not to drift an empire once it has been created,..".

Can anyone confirm this statement?

".. therefore the game wont cover the whole roman history, but rather end when the player has established his empire."

The translation is not 100%, but good enough. It would be difficult for me to do a better one (translating Norwegian into German and than into English... :wacko: ). Wouldn't it rather be "to run an Empire"?

Probably the article's author didn't get the intention right. If I understood all the other annnouncements right, nothing will stop you to run your empire, whatever size it might be, until the end of the game's timeframe. It's just that you can't start with a huge empire and just run it because the game's focus is the buidling of an empire. Therefore the timeframe of the game ends when Rome was the one and only cilivised empire in Europe.

Nikolai said:
Spoken Dutch sounds like Norwegian, just with gibberish instead of words.;) Written Dutch is unreadable for us. So why should a Dutchman understand us?:p

I know.. it looks like gibberish..
But once you figure out how to read it.. and read it LOUD, your ears will understand it. lol