• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
SeanB said:
Err...hold on a second...is that *LEON TROTSKY* as Prime Minister of a National Populist Tsarist Russia?! What the hell is up with that there? :p

Nope thats another guy.

Might I suggest that you go to the defensive in the east sector of Mittel Afrika, and sweep through the west sector in a counter clockwise manner. You can come up behind the forces stationed there and pocket and destroy them. Your troops would be able to dig in and defend themselves much better against the air power, and it would give you time to maybe get a few fighters or interceptors into the area. This will work so long as they aren't willing to put huge stacks of troops there. Remember Mittel Afrika in the meantime is providing all the supplies for those troops and planes, the less supplies they can provide, the less effective they will be.

An alternative would be to pocket Mombasa by moving another couple of corps to Nairobi and taking that province just south of Mombasa, then attacking from all directions.

Either way, great job so far. :)

Murmurandus: Indeed.
Tayran: Yeah, but I don't really want to leave Mittelafrika alone and have a land border with them.
Romanius: In the big picture, Mittelafrika will pale in comparison to Europe. Germany has a huge navy, and I don't have any TPs are any fast units besides some cavalry, so Mittelafrika will pretty much have to be slow.
Jushu: Yes, apparently Goering was considered a loose cannon by the Kaiser and sent off to Africa.
knugen_n1: I might. It's lack of partisans doesn't make it bad territory to control directly though.
mdlusk: That's good strategy. Shame I hadn't read it before playing a lot. Thanks for the input though.

Update coming tonight.

African Advances: Part I

With their flanks secure, Ottoman and Armenian forces are ordered to advance from Entebbe into Kigali, with support from Costermanville.

Russo-Ottoman relations grow frosty when the Russians claim the Baku oil fields, and intimate that they would be willing to fight for their return.

Pasha leads an assault on the strategically important city of Mombassa.

The attack succeeds. This was one of the largest battles of the war and its victory is a boon for morale and a good omen.

With Stanleyville taken and the securing of the flanks of the forces in Bangassou, the rested and organized forces their are ordered to march into Bangui.

The VI Ottoman Corps is formed, and ordered to begin the long march to Kigali.

The VII Ottoman Corps is formed, and ordered to replace the Izmir Ordusu in Nairobi.

Ottoman forces take Mombassa, but are repelled due to poor planning. They marched in leaving their flanks open, and now their supply lines are vulnerable.

Ankara Pact forces take and hold Kigali. There is no counter-attack from the limited colonial forces in Tabora.

Forces in Fort Archaumbalt are ordered to further pressure the already overstretched Mittelafrikan forces by assaulting Marousa.

African Advances: Part II

Ottoman high command decides that Ottoman forces are rested and Mittelafrikan forces stretched enough to be able to make a general offensive feasible. The offensive is mostly limited to the Western front, where colonial forces are least concentrated. An aim of this offensive is to cut Mittelafrika in two, causing the colonials logistical problems and trapping and destroying their forces in the West. Another is to put forces in Tabora, in range of the Mittelafrikan capital and in a position to provide flanking attacks against defending colonials should General Pasha's men eventually secure the North (around the Imperial Abyssinian border) and advance South.

Colonial forces in Tabora are easily defeated with little casualties on the part of Ottoman forces.

The advance into Impofondo proves difficult despite superior numbers. Nevertheless, we succeed after a day of fighting.

Colonial forces are also defeated in the central Congo, although the jungle does slow down advance greatly and provide defensible territory.

General Pasha's forces finish their retreat to Marsabit, and wage a succesful battle for control of the area. If he had not succeeded the 6 divisions still retreating into the territory may have been forced to surrender, causing this part of the front to collapse.

Disorganized forces marching through Entebbe to Kigali are forced to retreat back into Ottoman Sudan when as they are incapable of fighting against the advancing colonial forces at this time. This area of the front will have to be stabilized.

More forces marching through Entebbe were retreat since they were not warned about the colonial presence in the area. This is a mistake that must not be made again.

An overambitious Armenian division gets to Tabora before the Ottomans and claims control of it, only to be repelled by more numerous colonial forces in neighboring Mittelafrikan capital Dar es Salaam.

The rest of Pasha's forces arrive in Marsabit, and Pasha orders several of his divisions

Armenian forces arrive in Masoua.

African Advances: Part III

A probing attack into Maiduguri is ordered, but the province is too heavily defended and not strategically important, so the attack is called off.

The Baghdad Ordusu seizes Yaounde, effectively cutting Mittelafrika into two pieces. The forces in the North west will be cut off from supply and soon cease to be a threat.

The II Ottoman Corps marches into Tabora and holds the line against the resulting German attack.

Ngaoundere, another target of the general offensive, is seized, and Ottoman superiority on the Western front is made more apparent.

Ulku's II Ottoman Corps enters Nairobi, German colonials do not contest his presence.
[/URL

General Pasha commands a two pronged assault from Marsabit and Nairobi into Mombassa. It seems that colonial forces considered the position untenable and evacuated the city, for the most part.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]

A probing assault is made from Nairobi, with support from Tabora, into Tanga, another province in attacking range of the Mittelafrikan capital. The assault is called off as it can not be easily won.

Impfondo is secured, putting our forces in range of Brazzaville. Their are significant forces their, that seem to be headed to stop our advance into the central Congo. Nothing can be done about this, forces in the Congo will just have to deal with these foces when they arrive.

Our northernmost forces resume their advances against starving and demoralized colinials.

An assault is made into Douala to tighten the noose on Northwestern Mittelafrika.

African Advances: Part IV

With the advance into Douala assured, forces in Youande cease their support and begin marching into Libreville, which has two victory points.

The central congo is claimed by Ottoman forces, and the advancing colonials from Brazzaville

No longer needed for supporting the advance into the central congo, the Sham Ordusu marches South to Albertville.

A Libyan division is ordered into Libreville (VP) and to march into Banana if it is undefended. This will cutt off more northern forces from supply.

An assault into Brazzaville stalls and eventually fails when German reinforcements arrive.

The VIII Ottoman Corps is formed and Lt. General Osman is given command.

The forces that retreated back to Ottoman territory from Entebbe and the new corps are ordered to the front line.

An industrial tech is finished, and research into an important new land doctrine is begun.

Pasha takes Mombassa for good.

General Pasha commands a battle to take control of Tanga, if Tanga is taken Dar es Salaam will surely be taken next. The colonials committ considerable forces, but being outnumbered and attacked from multiple sides, they are forced to retreat into their capital.

African Advances: Part V

Brazzaville is assaulted once again, this time succesfully.

Libreville, a victory point province is taken, pushing Mittelafrika one more step closer to total defeat.

Forces from Libreville are ordered to move into undefended Pointe-Noire, which would put three divisions in range of Banana to support the Libyan division heading into said province if necessary.

The dreaded German CAS make another appearance. These forces have two weeks of marching to go, and the CAS have already inflicted severe casualties. They couldn't have shown up in a worse place.

Casualties are simply too extreme. Advance is halted and troops are ordered to dig in. The 24. Piyade Firkasi in particular has taken over 50% casualties. Reinforcements are ordered and the III Ottoman Corps is made the highest priority for reinforcement. Another repeat of the Izmir Ordusu incident is unacceptable.

Another CAS squadron shows up. Casualties are growing increasingly extreme, although the rate at which they are taken is decreasing as the divisions dig in.

Leopoldville is taken, cutting off Brazzaville, Pointe-Noire, and Banana from supply. This is excellent news considering the recent CAS activity in the area. The last thing forces in the area need are trouble from enemy ground attacks.

We are now capable of building even more modern infantry. We are now researching a technology that allows strategic redeployment, which could be invaluable considering the rekindled threat of the German air force.

An overview of the Pacific war. Germany has managed to recover from initial Siamese advances, and partly pushed them back. The Dutch seem incapable of mounting an effective defence of their colonies. It is a good distraction for Germany, in any case.

Ottoman advances and troop movements.

Overview:

At this point is going to be pretty much necessary that I construct a rudimentary air force to protect my troops from the huge threat of German CAS. This time, I lost no divisions to the CAS, although the 24. Piyade Firkasi was reduced to 4 strength. After my forces dug in the CAS stopped bombing them. Advancing in this area will be totally unfeasibly if the CAS return, however. Overall I think the war is going well. I have advanced in all directions and I'm in good positions to advance even more.

Any suggestions on what I should do next are welcome, Also, I will be leaving for for a few days they day after tomorrow, so there may not be an update until the end of the week.

Thanks for reading.

Also, I will be leaving for for a few days they day after tomorrow, so there may not be an update until the end of the week.

Well, apart from the obvious of build an airforce :) I think there is nothing really much to suggest at this point. Finish off Mittleafrika as swiftly as you can, and then prepare for the next war.

And beware of Russian aggression given those cores.

Yup, get Mittel-Afrika over and done with as soon as possible.

Good work! It would appear that the colonials were not as numerous as I thoguht they were. Will you annex the territory directly into the Empire?

Suggestions

I would suggest spinning off some of the African conquests in satellite states under the guidance of Istanbul. A large air force would be good since you have MittelAfrika and Europe to contend with.

stnylan: I will.
Edzako: I certainly hope so. They don't appear to have enough CAS to stop me from advancing everywhere.
germanpeon: That's the plan.
SnichtheWalrus: I dunno about multiple satellites. They would all be rather weak. If I was too release a puppet in the region I would just recreate Mittelafrika, since all of the territory united at least gives it a bit of IC.

Update coming up soon.

The End of Mittelafrika: Part I

A colonial militia is sighted while marching to Costermanville in an attempt to cut off supply lines to Albertville, forces from Albertville intercept and decisively defeat the militia.

CAS seem to have left the area for good, and the III Ottoman Corps is being rapidly reinforced without difficulty.

The Baghdad Ordusu is ordered to resume its advance into Pointe-Noire.

A change in plans. There is no real need for the V Ottoman Corps to participate in the West African pocket anymore, so it is ordered to advance south and guard the Sham Ordusu's flank. The Sham Ordusu is ordered to advance south to help deal with colonial forces on the African East coast.
[/URL

The 24. Piyade Firkasi is no longer in immediate danger of desutruction, so the III Ottoman Corps is ordered to advance into Brazzaville.
]

A Libyan expeditionay force is ordered to advance into the VP province of Banana. They easily defeat the starving defending cavalry division.

Field Marshal Pasha leads rested Ankara Pact forces in one of the most important battles of the war, the assault on the Mittelafrikan capital of Dar es Salaam.

The defenders are outnumbered four to one, and the battle is a predictable victory. The capture of the city is predicted to happen within the month.

Industrial research continues to advance.

A new ordered in Central Asia. Note that Tibet is still at war with Turkestan, but not at war with Russia.

The End of Mittelafrika: Part II

The West African pocket is closed, although colonial forces continue to wander through the wastes. It is just a matter of time until they are captured.

Dar es Salaam is captured, Goering and his fellow colonial officials retreat and create a temporary capital in nearby Lindi.

Colonial forces seem to be consoldiating more as they are pushed into a smaller space, although this is far too little at too late a time. Lindi is easily captured.

Russia claims the territory of the Japanese puppet of Transamur, and bring's the wrath of the expanding Japanese Empire.

Lindi is captured and held. Goering moves once again, this time to Zomba.

Mpika is captured, making the position in Zomba untenable as it can be attacked from both sides, by numerically superior forces.

A colonial militia attempts to take Albertville, it is repelled.

The construction of an air force is tentatively begun. These planes are outdated, but they can always be upgraded later.

Libyan forces are succesful in defending Leopoldville from colonial forces.

Ankara Pact forces attempt to advance into Luluabourg, but it is quickly apparent that an attempt at this time would not succeed, sot the assault is called off.

The End of Mittelafrika: Part III

General Pasha leads an attack on the third Mittelafrikan capital, and succeeds.

Lt. General Pasha is ordered to lead his forces in a dash to Lourenco Marques, the last Mitellafrikan VP, located in southern Mozambique.

A diversionary attack is ordered to ease any possible pressure the Sham Ordusu would face on its march into Mozambique.

Research into more modern interceptors is ordered. These will be necessary in the nascent Ottoman Air Force.

Field Marshal Pasha leads a second attack into Luluabourg, this one succesful.

The II Ottoman Corps is ordered to advance into Quelimane to protect the future flank of the Sham Ordusu as it advances into Mozambique. Initial advance into the province stalls, and is eventually reveresed. The attack is called off.

The Sham Ordusu takes Tete, effectively cutting Mittelafrika into three pieces (East Africa/Mozambique, West Africa, Northwest Africa).
[/URL

Troubles in National France, and the advance into southern Mozambique stalls.

Lt. General Pasha's forces rest for a few days, and resume their advance. The starving Baltic division gives token resistance and retreats.

A Flemish division lands in the formerly contested city of Mombassa. A corps of three divisions is strategically redoployed to Tanga to prevent the expansion of this pocket.

The End of Mittelafrika: Part IV

North African conflict escalates as more nations get involved. The Muslim Tuaregs appeal for our help. In order to appear strong and gain support from across the Muslim world, we respond to Tuareg overtures and demand that National France respect their independence. We are not likely to take any military action, however. We have far too many enemies as it is, we don't need to add the Entente to that list.

Mittelafrika takes the same stance as us in regards to the Tuareg revolt. The French position weakens.

The colonial forces in Quelimane attempt to break out of the pocket through Tete, and by that, cut off the supply lines to our forces in southern Mozambique. It is decided to close this pocket once and for all.

Ndola is taken, and held, further strangthening our Mozambiquen position.

That Baltic division again stymies our forces. The Sham Ordusu is ordered to reorganize for the final assault.

The starving Baltic division finally surrenders, and with Lourencou Marques lying empty before us, Mittelafrika's fate is sealed.

The Flemish landing in Mombassa was no reinforced, and is therefore easily crushed.

With their forces totally defeated, the colonial government in Mittelafrika dissolves itself and flies to Berlin. All territory in the former colonies goes to the Ottoman Empire, and German influence in Africa is effectively ended.

The Pacific War. The Dutch East Indies are effectively being dismantled and incorporated into the Japanese Empire. The Germans are having a difficult time fighting Siam in Indochina, and the Japanese landing behind their lines may very well be the end of the struggle there.

Japan has made great advances, they have taken all of former Transamur (now Japanese cores) and advances beyond. Russia initially advanced a couple provinces into Manchukuo, but their forces seem to be retreating rather than advancing.

Overview:

I'm glad to have Mittelafrika done with. Once their industry recovers, it should push me up to four tech slots, which will greatly help. The Asian wars are certainly interesting. Germany looks like it will be expelled from the region, as do the Dutch. Russia is another story. Once they mobilize against Japan I don't know what will happen, although at this point Japan and Russia have about industrial parity. Should be interesting, in any case.

Congrats on concluding the African war! What is next? Another war? Building of IC and troops for future conflicts?