• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Strand3n said:
Oh my! Your standing army is probably quite small compared to number of provinces;) I dont know how large Persia really was but your BB must be sky-high? Oh and sorry for not commenting, just recentely got member:p I really enjoy your AAR! I hope it will last long!:)

You're right. My armies are ridiculously small compared to the massive amounts of land I own. I had quite some troubles with all those revolts after annexation of Persia, but getting stable again.

My BB isn't that high actually. I deliberately waited for my BB to drop to zero before even trying to annex Persia. After that it jumped to 22/40 and as I'm a despotic monarchy I won't have much troubles of it. I might even annex Mamluks without going over the limit. ;)

World Overview: Far East

Indianmapkhor.png

Vijayanagar is the most powerful being on the Indian subcontinent. The Hindu states have driven the Muslims almost completely away and they are all allied with each other. Sind has grown relatively large though and holds their grounds with Gujarat.

Delhi was eaten by the Timurid Empire, Khorasan and Bihar. Rajputana is free one province minor which I guess I could go and annex. The two blue provinces west to them belong to Khorasan Empire.

Vijayanagar is also the dominant power in Indochina, sharing it with Ming. Malacca has survived relatively well and poor Ache is gone soon. East of this not much has changed. All the terra incognita to the northeast is owned by Ming. Beyond Ming there is almost unchanged Manchu, Korea and Japan. All allied with each other. Ming also borders Kazakh, Chagatai and Kazan in the north. No Europeans have founded their way here yet.

World Overview: Africa

Africa has remained relatively unchanged. Mali is the dominant power in the west and Ethiopia is pushing towards Arabia.

EU320080113230316EU.jpg

Last edited:
Strand3n said:
Is that light-blue in modern day Thailand Vijayanagar? Cant we get a map of europe too?:) Sorry to greed but it'a allways interessting to see the change in Europe:)

Check the last message on page two. ;)
And yes, that's Vijayanagar in Thailand.

t0m said:
are you not surprised? that happens in ALL of my games.

Happens only in about 1/2 of my games. Rest of the times it's either Delhi or Bengal.

A very interesting round-up of the world.

My, those 2.1 vasselisation deals are sweet LOL

I've played Persia in 1.3 several times and I normally need to drive the Mamluks back to Cairo and maybe one or two minor provinces before the vasselisation war score drops below 100.

Should I get NA or not - dilemma :)

Nice AAR - I love playing Persia take DV as a national idea and its endless bloodshed without stab loss.

Kazmir said:
You're right. My armies are ridiculously small compared to the massive amounts of land I own. I had quite some troubles with all those revolts after annexation of Persia, but getting stable again.

My BB isn't that high actually. I deliberately waited for my BB to drop to zero before even trying to annex Persia. After that it jumped to 22/40 and as I'm a despotic monarchy I won't have much troubles of it. I might even annex Mamluks without going over the limit. ;)

Oh I see! I have allways thought that diplo-annex gives the same amount as turbo-annex but apparently not, or maybe Persia was not that big and did not give so much BB i really do not know:)

You do not have to answer this question if you think it reveals too much about the AAR but what are your plans for later? Go east into India and China or go west and learn the infidels in Europe a lesson? :p

Strand3n said:
Oh I see! I have allways thought that diplo-annex gives the same amount as turbo-annex but apparently not, or maybe Persia was not that big and did not give so much BB i really do not know:)

You do not have to answer this question if you think it reveals too much about the AAR but what are your plans for later? Go east into India and China or go west and learn the infidels in Europe a lesson? :p

I'm pretty sure I have to go west. I was planning to unite all Muslims first, but as it is I now border Russian Alliance, Austria, Ottoman Empire and Lithuania in the west. The only good thing is that lately they've been more interested of each other than me.

East in the other hand is pretty stable and shared between Vijayanagar, Ming and Bihar. All of which try to maintain the balance of power and I don't think there's been any real wars going on there for over 10 years (some minor annexing has happened though).

Lately I've been fighting off Sibir, Kazan and the Russians so I guess I will end up expanding north instead. Now I try to lower my BB to be able to annex the Mamluks.

It's year 1533. Our economy has improved greatly. We now gain 60 ducats yearly and 2.30 every month while losing 0.2 inflation every year. This situation won't last for long though as we have greatly started expanding our armies, which are too small for an Empire of our size.

There are revolts rising all over the country sized larger than our all armies put together. After we managed to recruit couple of medium sized Brigades which destroyed the revolts one after another by first surrounding them and then striking.

Our cartographers found another deficit in our maps which would have allowed us to claim the famous city of Hormuz from Timurid Empire. We decided to not to do so this time as we want to remain friendly with them... for now.

Our investments to improve agriculture finally paid off in some regions of the Empire.

agrirevolutionevent.jpg

In 1536 a young but very talented young officer named Fahd Karawi was brought to my office. He had some great ideas how to improve our armies and I appointed him as the military advisor of Great Khorasan Empire. He soon introduced gunpowder using cannons for our army.

EU320080113190916EU-1.jpg

Guns.jpg

Our cartographers once again found some deficits from our maps and told me that it might be possible for us to claim some land from the Mamluks. I declined... what would I do with more sand?

In 1538 the leadership was once again passed forward. This time to Abû Sa'îd IV, who would later become a national hero of the Islamic Federation.

abusaid3.jpg

The first years of Abû Sa'îd IV were wasted in chasing revolutionaries around Persia, Georgia, Eastern Anatolia and Arabia. In 1541 the area of Al Hasa saw their opportunity to ask for greater autonomy. We had no chance but to accept.

event.jpg

AlHasa.jpg

We might be able to demand for their annexation later on if required. There's only tons of sand anyways.

Same year we attacked the kingdom of Rajputana, who used to be the most influental power in northwestern India, demanding their annexation. The weak were starting to disappear from world map.

Next year huge war broke out in Europe. It started of Austria attacking the still independent Hungary. Venice, Papal States and a small theocracy of Utrecht joined the war on Hungary's side. The war lasted for couple of years until Venice had to give up and cede Friuli, Istria and half of Switzerland. Hungary was vassalised by the Habsburgs.
We don't see this as a good thing. Venice had provided us great help in the wars against the Russian Alliance, we can only hope they didn't get weakened too much.

EU320080114141226EU.jpg

In 1542 Fahid fully reformed our armies, introducing infantry equipped with the well developed Shamshir swords. He also developed our Cavalry using the Sphai cabalry of Ottoman Empire as example. Our cannons were now being produced after European patterns.

12as.jpg
Shamshirinfa.jpg

To stop the revolts once and for all, Abû Sa'îd IV declared himself as the king of all of Persia, and this is what he is most remembered for. He also introduced new government form, specialized in converting the people to the one and true denomination of Shia.

EU320080114141903EU.jpg

EU320080114141929EU.jpg

People still call us as Greater Khorasan Empire even today, and our nation is thus officially called Khorasan after the great city state that grew up to the dominant power in the east.

(Note, I later changed the nation's name back to Khorasan and colour to blue, but this is only a cosmetic change which doesn't effect the game in any way.)

A very nice monarch there.

I again forgot to turn on the damned Materialiser so I try to remember and explain what has happened again. This time the gap is luckily only 13 years, but two rather important wars happened during the period.

First Sibir, having Kazan and Yaroslav allied with them, attacked my vassal Kazakh. I of course help them. Their lands were quickly fully occupied until somewhere deeper from Siberia they bring huge army which completely annihilate my main forces. I quickly make more troops and manage to gain two provinces from the Kazan, which were reduced to one province minor by the loss. Russia attacks Sibir as soon as we have finished our war and annexes Kazan and Pushes Sibir far into Siberia. Our northern iron mines are now surrounded by Russians, not good.

EU320080114192940EU.jpg

Swahili did declared war on Ethiopia and did an amazing job, reducing Ethiopia into a mere shadow of what they used to be. They also entered to Arabia and soon allied with us. We had long history of Royal Marriages before.

EU320080114192927EU.jpg

Ming, Manchu and Japan together with Korea have been and are probably still in a long war with the Indian nations. The only thing I need now is a superior Ming bordering me in the East...

I managed to convert Khurasan, Astrakhan and Georgia to Shia and I plan to keep on doing so until all of GKE is fully converted.

Then the most important thing: I laid claim on Thrace with Fabricate claims and declared war to the Ottoman Empire, which couldn't do much thanks to Austria. I also bettered my relations with Austria and managed to give them military access. I hope this will keep them off my lands as long as necessary.

We conquered most of Anatolia and demanded Bulgaria's independence. We except to get them annexed before our core expires after 50 years.

EU320080114192828EU.jpg

EU320080114193002EU.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely beautiful diplomacy map. You really have come a long way from being a backwater state east of Persia. I like that you honored your past by remaining Khorasan in name and color, that was cool. :)

Also, I <3 that Agricultural Revolution event.

As you can see we have hired some more talented men to our court. Another army man named Zaid Quli to help Karawi in reforming our armies and a quality diplomat called Badî al-Zamân Bali, to whose hands we trust our relations to foreign nations and how they see us in their eyes.​

EU320080114200334EU.jpg

We started building workshops in those few provinces of ours which were fully considered as part of our state but which didn't have one yet. We also fortified Khurasan, our capital, and our Crimean holdings.
Couple of more provinces were successfully converted, the Greek Orthodox of Trebizon included. The Shia domination of the Earth has started.

We found out that Ethiopians had tried to murder one of my assistants. This was a great chance to help our new Swahili friends to fully take over East Africa. We declare a war.

EDthiwar.jpg

We haven't even reached Arabia with our men when Swahili already peaces out with the Ethiopians.

swahilipeace.jpg

Such a bad peace, they could have had it all. Fine, we won't give them any more free wars. Instead we'll help the Ethiopians. We hand over the Yemeni lands they have conquered in a peace. Surprisingly they decline the first offer, but smart as they are at least they accept the second time we offer it with exactly same terms!

EU320080114201328EU.jpg

Just days after that we received a message from the far island kingdom of Brunei that they would gladly form an alliance with us. Of course they would, we're the most powerful thing they know west of China. We accept it as relatively powerful ally in the east could provide useful. We're sure this'll be a fruitful friendship!

Bruneigreat.jpg

Yeah that started nicely...
In fact, we cannot even see their main island so let's just forget them for now.

The long long war in the east is over. The Ming alliance made a white peace with Vijayanagar and Orissa, but stubborn Bihar kept fighting to the last man. In the end, they had give up half of Tibet. Ming is getting closer to India.

Moment before the peace, the last Muslim states in India, Sind and Gujarat, attacked Bihar. Abandoned by their allies and having all their armies in the east, the Muslims quickly took over most of Bihar. This must've been one of the reasons why Bihar decided it's better to give up Tibet.

EU320080114201609EU.jpg

But Ming's luck and expansion won't end there. They inherit Japan and the east gets even more unified. This could lead into a big and bad troubles for us once they realise our existance.

minginherits.jpg

Ming's expansion is really nasty.