• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kazmir

Keeping the ship on course
56 Badges
Aug 10, 2007
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Deus Vult
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Imperator: Rome
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
I have a dream. A dream of a united Arabia, united world of Islam! All turned to the Shia denomination, all under my rule!

Arabscrisis.jpg

They say I'm crazy, that it'll never work. They are wrong! I might not be the Sultan of the strongest and most powerful of empires, but I have ambition, and visions! What? Khorasan... you've never heard of Khorasan? Well don't worry, you will soon hear of us...

poorkhora.jpg

Let's take a look at our Empire before go on the Holiest war campaign ever seen.

EU320080110141231EU.jpg

Here I am, Aby al-Qasim "the Great", and that is my loyal friend and advisor Zîyad Khan. His job is to educate, reform and train our government, that is me and himself, to fit in the modern world. As you can see I'm quite a diplomat even though I don't want to brag at all!
Then lets see how our economy is doing.

khoraincome.jpg

khorainvestments.jpg

Well well well, our tax payers aren't working how they should! We'll see what's wrong with them later. But I doubt many nations can still reach the divine income of 1.3 ducats per month!
After days of discussions and pondering our government, me and Zîyad in other words, have decided to invest in government tech. Most of it will, of course, end up to the construction of my new palace, the Great Statue of Most Benevolent Government, the new ministry building and the military parade which will show our people we are everything but weak.
We also decided to move our policies a little towards free subjects as we don't have enough people to have slaves anyways.

Next I decided to improve our relations with the big neighbors... for now.

marriages.jpg

I told you didn't I! I am a real wizard in diplomacy! And they say polygamy is bad. Bah, humbug!
Now lets take a look why our income is lowish.

9.jpg

Everything seems to be just fine... hold on! What is this? My people are all... Sunni Muslims! Zîyad will have to explain this once he gets back from his vacat... diplomatic trip.
Well it doesn't matter yet, onwards for greater Shiite state my people!

For conquering the Muslim world we need armies.

Khorarmy.jpg

There we go, everything seems to be ok now. I will personally lead us for victories. Lets go then.

We declare war against the state of Haasa, they were crushed by our superior forces in heroic battles and the word will be spread across our nation!

10.jpg

11.jpg

After the victories I decided to name myself as the Protector of all Muslims, thus I guaranteed the independence of Oman and Najd. This might get me involved in a war soon, and that'll mean more land for us!

Now we just sit and wait... wait for the glorious tomorrow! World beware!​

Last edited:
Ahh, but -I- have heard of Khorasan... One of the most storied, enigmatic cities of far off lands. And one which has figured prominently in regional histories over many centuries.

An interesting choice, though...

A MOST excellent start, Kazmir! Brilliant style, mixing useful informational elements with a sense of humor.

And I find it interesting that your map shows "Khurasan" but your cityview shows "Khorasan", illuminating the phonetic nature of Middle Eastern and Persian languages as depicted in English, switching back and forth between spellings, such as Zhyad (Ziad) and al-Qasim (al-Ghazzam), etc. These spellings have always fascinated me!

This should be quite a challenge, but it looks like you're off to a great start!

Rensslaer

It looks like Yemen has something against Oman, this is calling for our intervention.

yemenomanwar.jpg

But there's a problem also: We cannot reach the, due to the stupid Najd being between us.

15.jpg

I curse them and their land for 100 generations for this! They think they are big and powerful but just wait! We'll show them.

18.jpg

No sorry I didn't mean it! Honest! Please go away I was just kidding!
Fine then, if you really wish it, you're doomed now!

Warscoremamluks-1.jpg

Or perhaps not... this'll be interesting.

AlHasabattle.jpg

They strike Al Hasa with great strength, but my heroic men won't give up that easily, we will fight to the last man!
Back in home my people are starting to realise that their leader is a Shia fighting for Greater Shia empire while they are Sunnis themselves... Not so good. :(

religionsu.jpg

Yes of course we.. ehm, tolerate the Sunnis *squeezes his fists together* not to mention we have no money afford some Imams to convert the people... they demand absolutely ridiculous prices!

Khorareligion.jpg

Oh great! How did I lie to you? You ungrateful little, pesky... things! We will crush you and your tiny revolution! Not that we could afford a new edict anyways...

24.jpg

I have no idea how they managed to gather 6000 men from a country of 3000, 1000 of them fighting the Yemen, Mamluk and Najd states other side of the gulf. I guess I need to address Zîyad about false population census.
Oh but as they all went like "Hey lets spread the revolution!" "Yeah! Let's take over the wooorld!" they are now problem of the Timurids. Well they did assign a temporary government but what do we care! I am the true leader and the rightful ones know it.​

Last edited:
At time like these I wish I had born as the king of Georgia instead.

25.jpg

But lets not give up! Even though our armies are destroyed and all of our land taken I still have ambition and visions, and a Persian Empire blocking my enemies way to the Greater Khurasan! After a while the Yemeni alliance got bored and went home to our surprise.

27.jpg

But it doesn't help much. The betrayer government goes and signs a peace with the other enemy. We could have still won the war! And what kind of a peace, bah! Well at least we're in peace for now and can plan our next step.
Hopefully I will find a way to brake free from our new liege... bah bah and bah I say. I should be governing them not the other way around.

28.jpg

Aha! Hold on, we are still in war with the Mamluks. Perhaps with my charm, heroic men and unwavering will I can defeat them. They look big but even they cannot be invincible. We launch an attack going through unfortified lands straight to their capital Cairo.

30.jpg

They fight back hard but they are clearly the underdogs here. Ha! I can still hear the "Aargh!" "Bluurgh!" and "Uurgh!" they kept yelling when we massacred them and their relatives. Even though they had over 20 000 men on their to reinforce the defenders, they knew there was nothing they could do anymore.

So they signed a peace!

31.jpg

A magnificent victory! Now join us my new vassals! Let us brake free from them Najd "empire"! We march together now!
What...? Oh sorry liege, yes liege. It looks like I'm not allowed to ally with them, our liege says it's dangerous for "national security". Oh well.

32.jpg

Ah Zîyad has returned. And he brings good news to us, he got an idea that we should establish a national bank to keep our inflation at bay. Sounds wonderful. So be it!

But now it is time to plan our next move, the brake from Najd.

34.jpg

Excuse me? Of course we aren't here waiting for you to get involved in a war to then take over your capital and brake free taking some land from you! Not at all. We're here to emm... guard it! Yes that's right, we will guard it from the enemy. Trust us on this oh mighty liege.

Anyways, these will be handy in the future... *rubs his hands together with a certain glow in his eyes.*

mamlukarmy.jpg

Last edited:
Nice seeing you start another AAR so soon :)

Congrats vassalizing the Mamluks

How did you get them to sign that peace?!

Dysken said:
How did you get them to sign that peace?!

NA 2.1 ;)
Just try it yourself:

1) Pick a nation, anything goes.
2) DOW someone, no matter the size
3) Take a province from them, preferably capitol but anything goes usually
4) Demand them to become your vassals, they will most likely accept it.

If you're big enough, they'll accept sometimes the offer without a single battle. :)

Last edited:
Acctually, I too have heard of Khorasan...
In a book, but I don't remember it's name...

The main character's father spoke about when it had been conquered...

(they lived in SAMARKHAND!)

Bah! We have waited long enough, it is time to act. I move my men out of their capitol and place half of them to grab their colonies and the other half to run around capturing their provinces. Excellent plan even though I don't like to brag about it!

2.jpg

Now I am ready to take the biggest stability hit in world history, here we go!
We grab their colonies and the other regiment starts capturing the ordinary provinces. I'm a genius! And others seem to realise our greatness too.

5.jpg

Of course we accept this, we know many ways how to... exploit this. *Rubs his hands together again.*
They seem to keep rejecting our white peace offers and came to grab their colonies back so we're going to bore them to death by race-seizing the colonies with them.

9-1.jpg

10-1.jpg

11-1.jpg

(Now I know why AI keeps doing this haha.)

12.jpg

Finally they give up and leave for Qatar. We quickly re-occupy and seize their colonies when they offer us a white peace. Voilà!

WPNajd.jpg

Now there's the problem that me and half of my army are trapped in this remote part of the world. Oh well, can't have everything!
I quickly repay the loan of 3 ducats I had to take and move on.

We decided to help the infidels and guarantee Ethiopia, although for selfish reasons...

Proclaimg.jpg

And soon happens what we were waiting for, Yemeni attacks Ethiopia, to arms!

yippeenot.jpg

We tried to take Yemen's colonies but as it didn't work out as planned we had to sign a peace with them... again! Bah bah bah! We'll have our revenge!

EDIT: How did that picture end up there, no idea...​

Last edited:
Kazmir said:
NA 2.1 ;)
Just try it yourself:

1) Pick a nation, anything goes.
2) DOW someone, no matter the size
3) Take a province from them, preferably capitol but anything goes usually
4) Demand them to become your vassals, they will most likely accept it.

If you're big enough, they'll accept sometimes the offer without a single battle. :)

They sure delivered on their promise of making the AI less stubborn :wacko:

Meanwhile, Ethiopia is struggling for life. Yet another bastard attacks them.

hedguareth.jpg

Screw them!
They are doing quite fine though. Maybe we should help them...

Ethiopiaattack.jpg

ethogo.jpg

Perfect time to finally destroy the evil Arabian Alliance they have formed!
Today we shall be victorious!

thealliance.jpg

There's no men near the colonies... perfect!

waronhedj.jpg

alliesjoin.jpg

Our mighty vassals quickly storm Hedjaz and Najd, so we vassalise both and also take one of their cities near our colonies from Hedjaz, sadly Yemen managed to grab one of our colonies. Curse them!

hedjapeace.jpg

ethscrewed.jpg

Ethiopians aren't doing that well though, but they soon manage to get a peace and have their own colony in Arabia now.

ethigo.jpg

Last edited:
Themepire.jpg

It's only the beginning.... Now we'll.. *Blaargh!*

G'day!
My name is Bâbur I and this is a coup! But don't worry... we have the same dream as our previous Sultan.

collapse.jpg

Zîyad can live... for now, as he supports the one who pays the most, but he will have a new friend now. As you can see I'm quite a general he he, although of course don't want to brag about it.

Khurgovernew.jpg

Hmm my predecessor left us with quite a bad reputation. But it's understandable, no one liked him anyways.

tarnishedohnosd.jpg

As we are a great power now, so to say, I demand we need a center of trade! Every great nation has one! Hmm... let's see...

goldentarget.png

Aha!

So err... how would you like a little loan... don't worry it's with a low interest rate... that's good theheh very good...

cancelloand.jpg

Perfect. For the first time in history, we outnumber our enemies, hooray for the greater Khorasan!

finallyoverpowered.jpg

We quickly move our troops towards Astrakhan, the Persian troops following.

astrabattle.jpg

astrcaptured.jpg

peace.jpg

This is the beginning of the end.

(Sorry for the amount of pictures, I'll decrease it from now on. Used lots of them because this was supposed to end fast.)​

Last edited:
Good game AAR thus far though.

Kazmir said:
This is the beginning of the end.

(Sorry for the amount of pictures, I'll decrease it from now on. Used lots of them because this was supposed to end fast.)

Hmm, I'll be following this one as well. This seems to be a funny AAR, so I hope the end is not that near yet.
Oh, and you don't necessarily need to decrease the amount of pictures - for people who lack a vivid imagination (like me) or who have never played in or explored Arabia and Persia (like me), these pictures add a nice touch to the funny story.
:)

How did you do the "cutout" picture?

Greetings, I am called as Abû Sa'îd I.
I am sorry my predecessor couldn't make it this time, he's a bit... busy currently. But no fear! We will fully re-organize the government while he is gone.

EU320080111153548EU.jpg

Newgovernment.jpg

Both my predecessors were idiots in running the nation compared to me! Now we must improve our reputation, it has gone bad.

badrerp.jpg

At least some don't consider us that bad!

timalliance.jpg

This'll be very good for our... future plans so to say.
We go and declare war on Kazakh-Chagatai alliance right away, the war is short with the massive Timurid Empire backing us.

We advance through Kazakh from the northwest while our allies storm them from the south.

EU320080111154729EU.jpg

Sorry about that. It looks like he has passed the leadership to me so to say. Well greetings, the war is going well and we have soon won. Just a couple more battles.

EU320080111154821EU.jpg

Here you can see the situation in Kazakh, they have been fully occupied, let's see if we can get a nice peace out of it.

EU320080111154935EU.jpg

There we go. Chagatai's turn then as 90% of them is occupied also.

EU320080111155046EU.jpg

Now I think it's time to deal with those Yemeni. They've been a problem for too long.

EU320080111160248EU.jpg

Right timing is everything here. Our vassals destroy their armies before they manage to do much while we grab thei... our colony back.
Hedjaz goes and captures their capital and couple of extra provinces with their insanely big army for such a small nation, and we make Yemen our vassal, demand 75 ducats from them and have them release Oman. Good, very good.

Now that we have quite some extra money I think it's best to change the culture in one of our colonies. I don't know why but I have a feeling that we might want to start improving the quality of our maps...

weirdway.jpg

We successfully colonise Liwa and turn it's population to Persians. Going as planned.

Meanwhile our ally, Qara Koyunlu, formed the nation of Persia. This will not be tolerated! We have declared ourselves rightfully as the Protectors of Persia!
Prepare for war!​

Just a hiccough on the way to domination, apparently.