Would there be any interest in this?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

What would you do?

• Yes, I'd like to join, and code my own game.

Votes: 188 27,7%
  • Sounds good, I look forward to this.

Votes: 456 67,2%
  • No opinion

Votes: 22 3,2%
  • I don't like it.

Votes: 13 1,9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
YodaMaster said:
But fixing existing annoying bugs could be the first step before including new features.

i'd say should be - any team that develops an expansion is not going to want to leave any old bugs from the latest Paradox version of the title they are working with open.

but that, by itself without any new content, would not really be a viable commercial product on its own. expansions will need new content as well.

OHgamer said:
i'd say should be - any team that develops an expansion is not going to want to leave any old bugs from the latest Paradox version of the title they are working with open.

but that, by itself without any new content, would not really be a viable commercial product on its own. expansions will need new content as well.
should/could... :)

I agree, bugfixing will not be sufficient for a commercial product.

I agree with cool-toxic too. This is why I said bugfixing could be the first step. ;)

Post 15,000! :cool:

It's just not been updated, since the Armageddon patch was released about a month ago.

I know this is a very very old Tread, but can anyone of you port the games to Mac / Linux? Or you know someone who can?
This program has been closed. Several games were done based on EU2 and HoI2 and didn't sell well enough to continue. Most Paradox-developed games are already available on MacOS (ported by Virtual Programming). The latest Paradox games are developed in-house for all three platforms.

Thx for reply. Yes Virtual Programming ported to Mac. But it is time now to port it on Tux (SteamOS/Linux).
I hope Paradox still jump over their shadows and ported all the games on the penguin.

Thx and have a nice day.

Thx for reply. Yes Virtual Programming ported to Mac. But it is time now to port it on Tux (SteamOS/Linux).
I hope Paradox still jump over their shadows and ported all the games on the penguin.

Thx and have a nice day.
I can virtually guarantee that older games won't be ported now. If you use linux you either buy their newer games or use some variant of WINE with the older ones.

To clearly understand what I mean, look at he czechoslavaquia events (vanilla HOI2), and you will see Lothos is a great modder, but have no clues about coding even with a simple scripting language.

Umm, I am kinda offended by this. I am a coder and have been programming over 20 years. You can also look at HoI 3 LUA scripting in the latest version of TRP. That is called programming and is not modding! It is also the best LUA AI scripts ever written for HoI 3.

Languages I have codded in
VB
VB.NET
ASP
ASP.NET
JavaScript
Cobol
C
C++
Assembly

You made a lot of assumptions about me from one event.

Umm, I am kinda offended by this. I am a coder and have been programming over 20 years. You can also look at HoI 3 LUA scripting in the latest version of TRP. That is called programming and is not modding! It is also the best LUA AI scripts ever written for HoI 3.

Languages I have codded in
VB
VB.NET
ASP
ASP.NET
JavaScript
Cobol
C
C++
Assembly

You made a lot of assumptions about me from one event.
Someone, in 2008 (yes that's 6 years ago), complains about your ability to write the Czechoslovakia event in HOI2. You even defend it by referencing HoI3, which in early 2008 wasn't even announced yet.

Did he hit a sore spot or what :rofl:

Reactions:
Someone, in 2008 (yes that's 6 years ago), complains about your ability to write the Czechoslovakia event in HOI2. You even defend it by referencing HoI3, which in early 2008 wasn't even announced yet.

Did he hit a sore spot or what :rofl:

LOL, it is called thread necromancy. Someone necroed the thread and I did not notice!

Status
Not open for further replies.