Would there be any interest in this?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

What would you do?

• Yes, I'd like to join, and code my own game.

Votes: 188 27,7%
  • Sounds good, I look forward to this.

Votes: 456 67,2%
  • No opinion

Votes: 22 3,2%
  • I don't like it.

Votes: 13 1,9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sign me up, as in yesterday, please.

Two claim they do not like the idea?

Reveal yourselves, you curs, so that we may lambaste you severely about the head and shoulders! ;)

OHgamer said:
Sign me up, as in yesterday, please.

You do not happen to have gotten yourself an IM after the last email I sent?

it would be the best and fastest way of communication, in my opinion.

Johan said:
Of course you would have to sign NDA's and a contract for it.

Does that mean you only give the source code to some established group you see they will make something use for it and not for inviduals or those who abandon it like often happens with mods? Meaning, not everyone who asks get it?

The NDA means you won't be allowed to reveal the immigration patterns in Victoria to other people? Why would there be NDA if everyone wouldn't have a chance to get the code? Or is the NDA just for the contract? Speaking of what's in the contract, are you bound to make something? What if I don't want to make an money or want to make something to myself/friends or release through different route than gamersgate (non-commercially)? Why not just general release of the sources? I'm not familiar with this NDA or other stuff so please forgive stupid questions.

This is an excellent idea.

Personally, I can barely script events, but surely the mod community still has enough juice to do some very impressive things.

eräjorma said:
Does that mean you only give the source code to some established group you see they will make something use for it and not for inviduals or those who abandon it like often happens with mods? Meaning, not everyone who asks get it?

The NDA means you won't be allowed to reveal the immigration patterns in Victoria to other people? Why would there be NDA if everyone wouldn't have a chance to get the code? Or is the NDA just for the contract? Speaking of what's in the contract, are you bound to make something? What if I don't want to make an money or want to make something to myself/friends or release through different route than gamersgate (non-commercially)? Why not just general release of the sources? I'm not familiar with this NDA or other stuff so please forgive stupid questions.

An NDA is fair enough, so that Paradox still keeps control of their property.

Hive said:
An NDA is fair enough, so that Paradox still keeps control of their property.

I don't know what NDA means or what these kinds of contracts overall in gaming business do, and with quick look on Wikipedia about NDA still didn't quite made clear for me how it affects stuff.
Does it mean those who have the code aren't allowed to talk about game mechanics? Aren't allowed to contribute in VickyWiki and stuff?

cool-toxic said:
Well PW and I was talkig about it just after the info came out and we would like to start such a team. ;) If you want you can get in. :)
Sure, that would be great.
cool-toxic said:
Well actually almost everything. :)
that sound more or less like what i'd like to change :D

It would be cool if we could somehow work together with the folks behind the VIP mod, and perhaps, the southern revolutions.

taking the best ideas. and creating the best possible Vicky

Dietmar1982 said:

It would be cool if we could somehow work together with the folks behind the VIP mod, and perhaps, the southern revolutions.

You got an MSN?

If so, add "prize_plaza "at" hotmail dot com" (to prevent nasty bots.. :p) ;)

Last edited:
Dietmar1982 said:

Exactly. :) The thing that could be feared was everybody having their own unique game which would destroy the MP community. However with some changes to Military and Politics. Then the MP community could gain strength instead of by far most focus on economy as it is now. ;)

cool-toxic said:
Exactly. :) The thing that could be feared was everybody having their own unique game which would destroy the MP community. However with some changes to Military and Politics. Then the MP community could gain strength instead of by far most focus on economy as it is now. ;)
It already exists with mods on different games. You only have to agree on a common version before playing

bwyb00 said:
What form would this package take? Somes kind of a ready to build Visual Studio project or a bunch of files with "How to build" instructions?

should be an vc6 project with the sourcefiles.

Prinz Wilhelm said:
You do not happen to have gotten yourself an IM after the last email I sent?

it would be the best and fastest way of communication, in my opinion.

My PC with my IM and all my Paradox material and email access are in the shop, hopefully being rescued from life support.

Right now, my single lifeline to the world is a vintage 2000 Mac laptop I use in emergencies, of which this is a major one.

PM me on here.

Dietmar1982 said:

Don't forget Clio! ;)

(And with the source code, the tyrrany of maximum # of province IDs could I believe be eliminated.)

Oh the possibilities..........

OHgamer said:
Don't forget Clio! ;)

(And with the source code, the tyrrany of maximum # of province IDs could I believe be eliminated.)

Oh the possibilities..........

Well we will of course use Clio for the map as soon as it gets out. :) We are aiming to get rid of alot of limits. Including the province limit if doable.
Anyway adding new tags for nations and states will also be on our list. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.