Would there be any interest in this?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

What would you do?

• Yes, I'd like to join, and code my own game.

Votes: 188 27,7%
  • Sounds good, I look forward to this.

Votes: 456 67,2%
  • No opinion

Votes: 22 3,2%
  • I don't like it.

Votes: 13 1,9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OHgamer said:
Don't forget Clio! ;)

(And with the source code, the tyrrany of maximum # of province IDs could I believe be eliminated.)

Oh the possibilities..........

Clio! I totally forgot about that!

I'm all in for clio! :D

My, my, my... suddenly, the future, so bleak after EU3, is starting to look bright again... mind you, only starting to look bright, but that's a lot for an old hand like me :)

Perfected EU2 and Victoria... why, I'd have something to play right into my retirement, some 30 years from now :D

I just saw this thread and damn, these are good news. Now, i am just wondering why would someone vote "I don't like it."...

Pha, I know that I would be interested in looking at the AI code but I know that I will not have time to participate in any project. The curse of having a real life! ...

Thank you for the thought nonetheless.

Hurrah for Europa AGCEEPalis :D

This could indeed be a tremendous gift for moders of all games, and bring eu2/hoi2/Vicky prety darn close to perfection.

Damn my lack of programming skills!!! :eek:o

I know nothing of programming or modding myself, so I can't join any of the work on this. :(

I will add my statement of support for the idea though. I would very much look forward to seeing what is produced as a result of this idea, particularly in the realm of EU2 improvements and additions. You can certainly consider me a potential buyer, if it comes down to whether you'll have a market.

Best of luck with this, Johan. I hope it bears fruit. :)

wonderfull idea, need to increase my porgram skills. what kind of language does the enginge runs on or something?:S

So much potential.... *drools*
Although the programming's over my head, I've got about a thousand suggestions to anybody who'll do the work. :D

I've been programming since the days of punched cards (1975) and have done a lot in C / C++. Time availability is alwways a problem but i would want to help on a Vicky project. The NDA should be no problem. Paradox has the right to retain their trade secrets. The question is what would be the price to get a copy of the source? And also, does paradox expect a cut of any revenue (presumably not but need to be sure)?

olorin42 said:
I've been programming since the days of punched cards (1975) and have done a lot in C / C++. Time availability is alwways a problem but i would want to help on a Vicky project. The NDA should be no problem. Paradox has the right to retain their trade secrets. The question is what would be the price to get a copy of the source? And also, does paradox expect a cut of any revenue (presumably not but need to be sure)?
You would be welcome at our team. :D We need programmers. We got Dietmar1982. :) But more help is always welcome. ;)

Doomtrader said:
But what about our part of code in those projects?
Who will be owner of that?

Typically when licensing software, you need to retain the original provider's copyright and trademark notices so the software would need to incorporate something along the lines of "Victoria - Originally created by Paradox Interactive - Improvements made by Fred Flinstone". Also, I'm sure that the license agreement that the user would accept during the install would need to include a legal disclaimer that Paradox is not the author of this product and does not accept responsibility. I'm sure Paradox would tell us what we'd need to include to give them the legal protection they would want.

As to the software that we in the gaming community write, that would be owned by the individual or group writing it. The question there is does someone want to try to make some money or is this a "labor of love". Personally I'd rather be involved in a "labor of love" effort. Making it good is more important than making money on it in my mind. When you interject profit into the equation, you need to balance quality and speed to reduce your cost. I doubt that those interested in this are doing it for money.

this would be definitely awesome, even if I don't have any coding knowledge.

Ah, good idea. Too bad my time is so short. :D

Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.