View Poll Results: What would you do?

Voters
679. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'd like to join, and code my own game.

188 27.69%
  • Sounds good, I look forward to this.

456 67.16%
  • No opinion

22 3.24%
  • I don't like it.

13 1.91%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Would there be any interest in this?

Quote Originally Posted by OHgamer
    Don't forget Clio!

(And with the source code, the tyrrany of maximum # of province IDs could I believe be eliminated.)

Oh the possibilities..........
    Clio! I totally forgot about that!

I'm all in for clio!

Arsenal of DemocracyFor The Glory

My, my, my... suddenly, the future, so bleak after EU3, is starting to look bright again... mind you, only starting to look bright, but that's a lot for an old hand like me

Perfected EU2 and Victoria... why, I'd have something to play right into my retirement, some 30 years from now
    One thing about knives, swords & axes - they don't run out of ammo, and they don't misfire.

Nikola Zrinski in Military campaigns of some of the finest warriors in the world - the multiplayer EU2 AAR

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Lead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVWar of the Vikings

I just saw this thread and damn, these are good news. Now, i am just wondering why would someone vote "I don't like it."...
    "If a man does not strike first, he will be the first struck" - Athenogoras of Syracuse
    "Force is the most effective and efficient means to do something and the virtuous prince will employ its leverage." - Machiavelli
    "Men should either be treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injures - for heavy ones they cannot" - Machiavelli
    "It is best to be both feared and loved, however, if one cannot be both it is better to be feared than loved." - Machiavelli
    "A prince must be a lion, but he must also know how to play the fox." - Machiavelli
    "I'm the lord of lords, not the server of servants." - João II of Portugal

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    EU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Pha, I know that I would be interested in looking at the AI code but I know that I will not have time to participate in any project. The curse of having a real life! ...

Thank you for the thought nonetheless.
    Nescire autem quid ante quam natus sis acciderit, id est semper esse puerum. Quid enim est aetas hominis, nisi ea memoria rerum veterum cum superiorum aetate contexitur? Marcus Tillius Cicero
    Show support for Paradox, register your game(s).

For The Glory

Blog Entries
    Hurrah for Europa AGCEEPalis

This could indeed be a tremendous gift for moders of all games, and bring eu2/hoi2/Vicky prety darn close to perfection.

MM Dev Team
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSword of the StarsMount & Blade: Warband

So... The only doubt here is: How much will it cost?
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

Ship-shape and Bristol fashion beowulf's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Damn my lack of programming skills!!!
    "A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body." - Rich Hall

"If there's one thing that really pisses me off, I call that a good day." - David Mitchell

"Life is like a box of chocolates, in the end you're always stuck with the Marzipan."

So sad that I have no programming skills!

But I like to mod scenarios and maps.

Perhaps some one needs help on that.

I think this idea Sounds good, so I look forward to it.

Thumbs up

I know nothing of programming or modding myself, so I can't join any of the work on this.

I will add my statement of support for the idea though. I would very much look forward to seeing what is produced as a result of this idea, particularly in the realm of EU2 improvements and additions. You can certainly consider me a potential buyer, if it comes down to whether you'll have a market.

Best of luck with this, Johan. I hope it bears fruit.

Yes make EU2 open source

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyFor The GloryHearts of Iron III

wonderfull idea, need to increase my porgram skills. what kind of language does the enginge runs on or something?:S

your source for For the Glory mods

No One Likes Us, And We Don't Care!-find all EU2 mods here!-my Personal website-my internet speed
    Join the Ajax amsterdam group

experience is of no importance to me. Reliability and being a nice chap is what counts. We can not all be experienced, we all start as non-experienced. From your words I take it you are reliable and your word of honor is good enough for me.
    -Daniel A to saber

Owner of: EU1, EU2, HoI2: DD ARM, HoI3, Victoria: Revolutions, CK: DV, For the Glory

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Victoria 2

So much potential.... *drools*
    Although the programming's over my head, I've got about a thousand suggestions to anybody who'll do the work.
    I'm smart enough to know that I'm stupid
    Member of the ahistoric association
    My Hebrew Uganda AAR!- Weekly AAr showcase, 26-07-2007! - Winner, Best HoI Narrative AAr Q4 2007. Over & done with. Kinda completed.
    Fan of the Week, 12-8-07; and 12-10-08
    Earned a Kiss on the Cheek for Participation in the Trial of Fijj
    Fijj also gave me this moldy cookie for guessing his name-

First Lieutenant
    Hearts of Iron III

I've been programming since the days of punched cards (1975) and have done a lot in C / C++. Time availability is alwways a problem but i would want to help on a Vicky project. The NDA should be no problem. Paradox has the right to retain their trade secrets. The question is what would be the price to get a copy of the source? And also, does paradox expect a cut of any revenue (presumably not but need to be sure)?

EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSupreme Ruler 2020Rome: Vae Victis

Blog Entries
    But what about our part of code in those projects?
    Who will be owner of that?

Quote Originally Posted by olorin42
    I've been programming since the days of punched cards (1975) and have done a lot in C / C++. Time availability is alwways a problem but i would want to help on a Vicky project. The NDA should be no problem. Paradox has the right to retain their trade secrets. The question is what would be the price to get a copy of the source? And also, does paradox expect a cut of any revenue (presumably not but need to be sure)?
    You would be welcome at our team. We need programmers. We got Dietmar1982. But more help is always welcome.

Just call me Yoda in private!
    For The Glory

Quote Originally Posted by th3freakie
    Hurrah for Europa AGCEEPalis
    Maybe Europa Universalis II 2.0 instead... including AGCEEP.

I admit I'm very interested.
    For the Glory: A Europa Universalis Game
    Go to FTG forum!

AGCEEP High Council Member
    AGCEEP Website

Relisez les couplets IX et XI de la Marseillaise

First Lieutenant
    Hearts of Iron III

Quote Originally Posted by Doomtrader
    But what about our part of code in those projects?
    Who will be owner of that?
    Typically when licensing software, you need to retain the original provider's copyright and trademark notices so the software would need to incorporate something along the lines of "Victoria - Originally created by Paradox Interactive - Improvements made by Fred Flinstone". Also, I'm sure that the license agreement that the user would accept during the install would need to include a legal disclaimer that Paradox is not the author of this product and does not accept responsibility. I'm sure Paradox would tell us what we'd need to include to give them the legal protection they would want.

As to the software that we in the gaming community write, that would be owned by the individual or group writing it. The question there is does someone want to try to make some money or is this a "labor of love". Personally I'd rather be involved in a "labor of love" effort. Making it good is more important than making money on it in my mind. When you interject profit into the equation, you need to balance quality and speed to reduce your cost. I doubt that those interested in this are doing it for money.

Strategy Cognoscenti Demi Moderator Myth's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper Fi

this would be definitely awesome, even if I don't have any coding knowledge.
    Read about my full body of AAR works here!

Fan of the Week 13/08/09

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Sword of the StarsMount & Blade: Warband

Ah, good idea. Too bad my time is so short.

Cat
    Pour l'histoire: Un concours original, La partie de ScrAARble

"Le monde est un jeu de Go, dont les règles ont été inutilement compliquées"

(proverbe chinois)

Si l'on retranchait du patriotisme de la plupart des hommes la haine et le mépris des autres nations, il resterait peu de choses.
    [Duc de Lévis, "Maximes et réflexions"]

Soyez attentif à mes posts de modérateur, ils sont de cette couleur / Be aware when I write a moderation post in this color.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast