• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kazzel

Private
85 Badges
Dec 30, 2007
  • Rome Gold
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Lead and Gold
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Magicka 2
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Pride of Nations
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
Hello, I just had the most lucky peace treaty happen for me, unfortunate I diden't take any screens of it, as I never though it would work.

I started as Brandenburg and have formed Germany and the time came to invade France, they had just signed peace with England and Portugal, so they were not in top shape, I paid off Scotland and Argon who was allied to Frace to make white peace with me, after taking some 5-6 province and gained a warscore of about 30, I could see that I would win the war, but there were those French holdings in Afrika and the 100+ ships navy vs my 14 ships whereas half was transports. So no chance of getting those before making peace.

I then tried to see when the peace score would be for making them my vassals without giving up any land on either side, it was a little over 1100, then by mistake I pressed send instead of cancel to it and nearly fell off my chair when France accpeted the treaty :eek:

Word has it that forced vassalization is MUCH easier in NA than in EU3. Hence your success.

Jup, not gonna be fun annex them. considering the hits I took when diplo-annexed Tutonic Order, but my next diplo-annex plans are Denmark and Burgendy.

I found one of the best ways to help my chances of diplo-annexation was to barrage my target with spies seeking to sow discontent. Stability gap is one factor in diplo-annexation that is often forgotten, but easy to change.

That 1100 isn't a typo? They really accepted a 1100 treaty with only 30 warscore in your favour?

It depends a bit! Most of the time the enemy accepts only peace treaties that go much below your war score. For example you have your 35% to your account and they only accept giving you land worth about 25-30%. But if you really kicked their ass and crushed their armies and sunk their fleet, in addition their war exhaustion is high, there's a chance for peace with you seeking provinces worth much more than your war score. In fact you'll have to try out. Large superpowers with lots of colonies overseas are usually very unlikly to give you anything worth more than 5-10%, even when there chances of striking you back in that war are almost like 0!

Rowain said:
That 1100 isn't a typo? They really accepted a 1100 treaty with only 30 warscore in your favour?
Nope no typo.

Yesterday I was even more lucky with Poland, they are probaly the largest blub on the map, atleast what I can see. I total crushed then in a 5 year war and spend 2 years making then accept my peace terms of vasslage, my warscore was at 100% but peace score for making them vassal was 1500!

It's not really about luck, AI countries will accept vassalization at the drop of a hat.

You can vassalize even vastly larger countries with superior militaries as long as you have almost any warscore that counts as a "victory", just wait for their war capacity to go reasonably low.

I once vassalized England as a 2-province Leinster with about 20% warscore. It's really an exploit.

Every know and then it pays to be a lil cheeky.

Playing as England at the start with France, i had taken normany, caux and the province just south of them, france had gascogne but was on way to ge that back, then burgundy declared war and i got france to give up its cores on gascogne, calais, plus give me normandy and caux, they accepted str8 away about 1 or 2 days after Burgundy declared war I was suprised but happy

Forcing vassalisation seems broken. Playing as Venice just messing around I was able to get France, England, Russia and most of the other Western powers vassalised. Sweden actually gave up when I had a negative war score. It's an unfortunate exploit.

If you have enough self control to do so, just don't vassalize countries unless you have won a 100% victory or it would be reasonable for them to accept (say, if you destroyed their entire army and hold most of their territories).

It's almost incredible that this wasn't picked up on in testing for the patch. I, as Norway, managed to vassalize a bigger and stronger Sweden after I controlled the 4 provinces that had no fort in them, as well as beating a few armies. It kinda took the fun out of the game.

Of course, later on I got raped by a few german minors with massive armies, that wasn't fun either :p