• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Fernando Torres

Darkest Hour Game Designer
48 Badges
Dec 2, 2006
rayan-nezzar.fr
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Elven Legacy Collection
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Pride of Nations
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • East India Company
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Iron Cross
  • Legio
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • March of the Eagles
Well, you probably know the WiF mod.

Now, i'm starting a new project, T.H.E. Project (True Historical Project).

WTF is T.H.E. Project ?

T.H.E. Project is a new life for HoI. In T.H.E. Project, you train regiments/brigades and then you build your own divisions. For example you can choose to build ARM div with 1 ARM regiment + 2 INF regiment with Light Motorization.

thjeoo2.jpg

In T.H.E. Project, a Panzer IV and a Sherman M4A2 DO NOT have the same stats. In T.H.E. Project, the countries don't have the same armies and each one has its own specificities.
Sliders are locked : you are not God ! Combats will no longer last a few hours. Stalingrad can now happens.
In T.H.E. Project, diplomacy takes a huge place. You can change History but be carefull...the results could be worse for you ! (for example agree to Franco's conditions to enter into Axis)
The game starts the day after the Anschluss so you won't have to play 2 years building ICs.
That's T.H.E. Project but you'll learn more things about it reading its threads and playing it.

Always remember that i am just a man. I'm not God so I cannot do EVERYTHING ALONE. I make this for free and I need your help.

wickedsunshineunclesambgp2.jpg

Join us here at BoP board.

If you wish to join the project or have further informations, just ask.

Current team :

T.H.E. Leader : Fernando Torres

T.H.E. Second Leader : 49h

They give a help : Zveroboy, kris4o1993 (flags), Steff991 (naval/air OOBs), Rokko (suggestions), Van der Gent (pics), Darknesskilla (suggestions, translation), Daniel1492 (translation), Imanc (suggestions), Gen. Skobolev (suggestions, doctrines), VladimirPavlov (suggestions), HogansHeroes (technames), General Hoth (translation), Shrapneluk (historical advisor), Frank+Frei (translator), Frank+Frei (hist. adv + modding help).

If I miss anyone (and since i'm busy on those days, i forget many things), just pm me ! Some promised to give a help but still didn't...

List of our threads :

- T.H.E. Recruitement
- T.H.E. Graphics
- T.H.E. Models
- T.H.E. Events
- T.H.E. Musics
- T.H.E. Economic Tree
- T.H.E. Unitnames
- T.H.E. Beta testing
- Making T.H.E. Count
- T.H.E. Naval units

Who is currently working on what ? (or supposed to :D )

- 49h : units icons, general ideas
- FT (me) : eco tree, interface gfx, musics,
- Gen. Shopman, anti_strunt : models
- Imanc : fin oob
- Alex Brunius and Weygander : basic ICs
- Adm Spruance : ministers
- Micah Goodman 2 : unitnames
- Frank+Frei : models
- Miihkali : fin/sov unitnames
- Weyganer, Gen Skobolev : general ideas

(did i miss someone ? pm me)

Fernando.

Last edited:
Care to give anymore details? I might be able to help with events if you expand on what it is about.

Oh, you probably won't get a subsection until you have lots of posts, but feel free to pm a moderator with your reasons for having one if you really feel you need it (more likely to get a response that way)

Just one question. If you scale the game down, to brigade size, how many units will for example Germany have in 1941 and how will that affect the speed of the game?

I can post here all the propositions we made in our private forum but i'd prefer to post them in specific threads.
But well, just examples :

- rework all units (heavy/light inf bgde, arm bgde, mechbgde, alp eng bgde, mar eng bgde, par bgde, hq, eng bgde, gar bgde) + all "vanilla's brigades" (they will represent batallions now, ie HQ/Bgde/mobile ART, static/mobile AA etc etc)
- we will use the 20 models from ARM and LARM for doctrines specific units : 5 models for blitzkrieg tanks, 4 for UK, 3 for US, 3 for SOV, 2 for FRA and 3 for others
- adding gameplay events, here is an example : the SOV can ask for a DDay at the teheran Conference, then will fire the US AI DDay switch

etc etc as i said, our propositions list is long as hell, this is why i'd prefer threads for each domain.

Bumbar said:
Just one question. If you scale the game down, to brigade size, how many units will for example Germany have in 1941 and how will that affect the speed of the game?
As we begin in 1938 the game will slow down later.
Then, in vanilla there are hell too many units, the units will be more expansive, will consumpt more and the countries IC will decrease.
We will take care about the game speed of course.

Steff991 said:
Oh, you probably won't get a subsection until you have lots of posts, but feel free to pm a moderator with your reasons for having one if you really feel you need it (more likely to get a response that way)
I made it a month ago but i received no answer.

Steff991 said:
You would probably be better off then waiting for a while until a lot of progress is shown in this thread and then re-request.
Will the tech tree be rewriten? Cos I can do this aswell
The tech tree will be completely reworked. It would be great if you were interested. :)
And we need a space to share our ideas and work. We cannot develop this project by msn. This is why i ask for a sub section.

I have two question: will it be SKIF compatible? and 2nd: Can I help work on this somehow even when I cannot devote fulltime to it? ( Super-important School project due in a few weeks. )

- No since we are going to completely rework the units but we'll make our own icons
- Of course ! Just give a help as you can. If you know a lot about ww2 military, you can be "historical adviser", you can also give your opinion about our ideas or be a play tester, as you want. :)

Well then.. If you need help with the icons: I can help, and I know much about WW2, especially aircraft and the German military.If you need any help with that....

BTW, in which way will the Techtree be reworked? In Mod33 style?

edit: oh and YES I would like to be a beta tester.

Oh and I can also give some help with small events. But to give any help I need more information on what is changed. :)

Not like mod33.
Well my main idea was that to build any unit you first have to develop the doctrine (ie the winter alpine), then to develop specific weapons and such (rifles or winter equipment ie). For industry, i wanted to make 2 possibilities : planned economy and free market, the techs would be different etc.
We mainly want to make a more realistic and coherent game, that means that German tanks are better than Allied tanks or that autarcy nations can convert supplies to ersatz if the lack of rare etc.

Can you give me your email or msn adress by pm ? I will give you the whole propositions.

I will read the propositions ( What I have flown over so far seems nice btw, i like the idea of more micro-management. Makes it possible to build a much more custom army. ) and the PM is on the way. Do you use ICQ?