• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
hmmm then maybe additional resources, "Warlords send funds/metal/rares for the war effort"-like?

Well then, than it is just some flavour events, the occasional +1 dissent or so.

edit: we also need that subforum up asap. On thread for all the discussions is a bit slim methinks. :)

I've made the maps in spain and china :

screensave0uk2.jpg

screensave1xq9.jpg

Looks good. [nitpick]But there were some landings in the south.[/nitpick] ;)

trekaddict said:
That is a reasonable course of action. *nods* Any word on the air-force techtree yet? We could make it in a similar way:

US: Tactical&Strategic (balanced, but a bit less powerfull on everything, relatively cheap)

UK: Strategic (Excellent strategic bombers, early models excellent tactical capabilities later models strategic ones, later TAC models less powerfull )

GER: CAS&TAC (CAS heavy, excellent CAS models, good early TAC models, later models no increas in combat power, but faster if that is possible )

SOV: CAS&TAC (less powerfull at start, later CAS models very powerfull, cheaper)

For fighters/interceptors everything roughly the same, though the interceptor range might need to be reduced for the earlier models.
What about the superiority of British AS fighters such as the Supermarine Spitfire and the Gloster Meteor. Would there be better doctrines or would this be soley (sp) a tech issue. Just thinking that the Spitfire was superior to equally dated fighters of other nations.

Fernando Torres said:
Blitzkrieg Doctrine : Panzer II (1938)/Panzer 38t or III (1939)/Panzer IV (1941)/Tiger (1943)/Panther Ausf. G(1944) : better in all stats, more expansive, longer to build and consumpt more but the last models are slower

Soviet doctrine : BT-7 (1938)/T-34 (1941)/IS2 (1943) : a bit more expansive and long to build, a bit better in all and a bit slower

French doctrine : 1938 model/1941 model : a bit lesser in all stats, less orga and less weight

US doctrine : M3 Lee (1938)/Sherman M4A2 (1942)/ Sherman M4A3E8 (1944) : faster, cheaper, faster to build but lesser in all stats

UK Doctrine : Matilda Mk II (1938)/Crusader Mk. III (1941)/Cromwell Mk. IV (1943)/Sherman Firefly (1944) : same as US except the last models which are more like SOV one

I have to say something about those nation specific stats: I'm basically against nation specific stats, but if there will be them, that's OK. But, German advantage for USSR isn't always historical. For example, T-34 were quicker, agilier, heavier armoured and had better gun. Also IS2 were bigger, better armoured and equipped than Tiger, but it should be model 1944, not 1943. But it was slower than Tiger. And, Panther should be much quicker and have some kind of agility bonus, but be weaker than IS2. actually, Soviet tanks should be always better than German. German advantage was their good organization and great usage of armoured forces, not their more advanced tanks. Another tank styles are good.

Miihkali said:
I have to say something about those nation specific stats: I'm basically against nation specific stats, but if there will be them, that's OK. But, German advantage for USSR isn't always historical. For example, T-34 were quicker, agilier, heavier armoured and had better gun. Also IS2 were bigger, better armoured and equipped than Tiger, but it should be model 1944, not 1943. But it was slower than Tiger. And, Panther should be much quicker and have some kind of agility bonus, but be weaker than IS2. actually, Soviet tanks should be always better than German. German advantage was their good organization and great usage of armoured forces, not their more advanced tanks. Another tank styles are good.
I have books stating the various armour, weapons and speeds of tanks for the UK/commonwealth, USA, Germany and USSR as well as various tanks of other nations. So I can help to keep the stats resonably realistic. I'll start coming up with a list of relative stats tonight for others to look at and adjust where I'm wrong.

just a little note : if holland is occuipied and the east indies are caputerd by the japanese hollands, game is over, i think adding one vc to curacoa would replicate the dutch goverment in excile.

Dutch Rommel said:
just a little note : if holland is occuipied and the east indies are caputerd by the japanese hollands, game is over, i think adding one vc to curacoa would replicate the dutch goverment in excile.
Only problem would be that the island would have to support the costs of the surviving army and navy with almost no resources. It would probably become almost unplayable.
On the positive, I think that it could be realistic... maybe have an event when Indonesia is about to fall to the Japs (say when Holland is down to 1 VP) that gives a VP to curacao then if you choose to move the government.

Dutch Rommel said:
I don't know. What said Steff991 is clever, we will probably do this.

yes my intention isn't to let the entire army intact, maybe some units could be placed under british command, and at the end of the war given to holland like the 322 dutch sqaudron of the RAF, and the island is only there to provide a ground for the goverment. also in real life the dutch had only some ships left i believe 1 or 2 light cruisers afther the fall of indonesia and some smaller ships, and in britan the Prinses Irene brigade was created. but the idea of steff991 is great

Dutch Rommel said:
yes my intention isn't to let the entire army intact, maybe some units could be placed under british command, and at the end of the war given to holland like the 322 dutch sqaudron of the RAF, and the island is only there to provide a ground for the goverment. also in real life the dutch had only some ships left i believe 1 or 2 light cruisers afther the fall of indonesia and some smaller ships, and in britan the Prinses Irene brigade was created. but the idea of steff991 is great

I second that, and we should make similar events for Belgium, maybe the UK and last but not least France. In my opinion it is sort of strange that you get 15 IC when you go the historical "Surrender then Free France route" but aare stuck with ~5 when you choose not to surrender and move the capital to France. I think in both cases the IC ammount should be somewhat increased. In my experience 20 base is the minimum a country needs to be really playable, but that could be different for the others.