• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(89746)

Recruit
Dec 27, 2007
I wonder if you can help me, I have had the previous patch installed and running for CMSF (1.04) for a while and no problems. I don't seem to be able to patch up from this with the new patch (4 downloads!) - I get the error "the source file is corrupted" - does this mean the patch file or the installed CMSF is at fault? I've run the previous patch again and this did not throw an error.

Regards

Epishade

Welcome to the forums.

Its not clear from your description what your patching history is. Did you install every incremental patch prior to 1.04? Then install the latest one?

Personally, I usually uninstall a game and install the latest patch, just to make sure that it will work. However, the 1.05 patch from gg should be all updates in one package. Whether or not that will update selectively or not is unknown to me.

Id suggest that you unistall you copy of the game, reinstall and upgrade with the 1.05 patch only.

Second Part
------------
It also sounds like the patch file you downloaded didnt do so without some loss of integrity. Id try downloading it again if you have the bandwidth.