• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Miihkali

Old Guard
6 Badges
Apr 11, 2007
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • For The Glory
  • Rome Gold
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
Anatolian Wars 1.05

The old project of me and Mehmet12, the Anatolian war mod is finally more or less finished. If you don't know what's this mod, which is probable, let me tell. This is just another alternative history modification. In this history, Greece won the Greco-Turkish war, hellenized west Anatolia, set new capital into Istanbul and formed Pontian and Cappadocian Greek puppet states in central and northern Anatolia. In south Assyria and Kurdistan declared independence, controlling parts of Turkey, Iraq and Syria. Also Armenian Democratic Republic is independent and rules huge parts of Turkey. Now Turkey rules only small part of Anatolia and it's army is obsoloted and going to be overrun by Greeks and another invaders. Greece and the Megali idea are the major powers of Balkan and Middle East.

350px-MegaliHellas.jpg

Greek propaganda poster supporting Megali idea

anatoliamapyb3.png

The political map in Arabian peninsula, Anatolia and Black Sea
region is divided into small nations

Makers of mod are
Mehmet12 - starter, made almost all ministers, leaders, tech teams, map and graphics
Miihkali - some things on the map, OOBs, some of graphics, events and map modding

also Osttruppen, Yourworstnigtmare and Britnavfan gave very good ideas, thoughts and proposals for mod, and we are very thankful for them.

Current version is 1.05. Mod works at least with Armageddon, and I'm almost sure that it works also with Doomsday and it's possible that it also works with Vanilla HoI2. The nevest version isn't completely tested and it's possible that there's bugs, especially in event timelines. If you see events like first Georgia selects 'We will smash Azerbaijan' in 'Relations with Azeris' event and next day launches event named 'Alliance between Georgia and Azerbaijan is now forged', use your brains and report a bug :D Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD
Anatolian Wars 1.05 (the actual game, db etc.)
New map (needed or game doesn't work)
Game graphics (game works without, but very highly recommended)​

By the way, if you want to play as Kurdistan, and want another flag, there's flag of Kurdi Kingdom :D It's made by Mumia.

kurdistanshieldnr6.png

kurdistanflagbu4.png

Feel free to post comments, ideas, your own files (events, graphics) or anything else about this mod. And report bugs, if you find any. I'll make updates, if anybody is interested.

Code:
[B]Changelog for 1.05[/B]
- New map with new provinces (doesn't work without map)
- revolt.txt fixed
- Some events fixed
- Small army balances

[B]Changelog for 1.04[/B]
- Some province name corrections
- Some new events
- Some bug fixes
- Compatible with new map

[B]Changelog for 1.03[/B]
- Several bug fixings
- Some new graphics
- Azeri islamist revolution fixed
- 'German-Georgian' leaders removed
- Some stupid mistakes corrected
- Removed some files which don't belong to this mod (less downloading)
- New events
- Small fixes into scenario file
- Georgian party congress event timeline revised
- Don Republic is now in it's historical region
- City name corrections
- New nations
- New ministers, leaders and tech teams
- Some graphical interface revorced
- New historical sources -> mod is more accurate historically

[B]Changelog for 1.02[/B]
- New ministers for several nations
- Azeri cabinet remade
- Some general fixes in Caucasia
- New unit pictures
- as well as new minister/leader pictures
- Some new descriptions for nations
- New government for Armenia
- Andranig Ozanian removed (died before 1936!)
- Huge power of Pontus is made smaller
- Minister pictures made greyscales (formerly there have been also brown)
- Lebanon & Israel vs. Arabs
- Final war of Arabia
- Game balance fixed
- New unit names
- Tannu Tuva, Paraguay, Bolivia, Albania etc. unit names removed to get space
- New nations to north Black Sea coast
- Victory points fixed 
- Province name fixing
- Added AI files
- Added industry, manpower and resources
- Building cost fixing
- Balanced game
- Regions fixed to be same than borders

[B]Changelog for 1.01[/B]
- New tech team and minister pics
- New event pictures
- Fixed Turkish 'Pan-Turanist dream' event
- Some death events
- New events for almost every nation
- New 'atmospheric' events
- Some events removed
- New tech teams and ministers
- Better sliders for Greece
- Fixing some bugs, mostly switching sides events
- Unit name fixing
- Balanced Turkish army
- Added new nations to playable from 1936
- Iraq made to Hashemite Union
- Egypt switches sides
- Most of Arab events deleted or re-made (revisioned situation of Middle East)
- Added national resources: every nation have now surplus at least one resource
- Removed German guys from Azeris and Georgians
- New graphics

Last edited:
brilliant, there goes the rest of my Christmas night. ;)

any chance of posting a map?

Good stuff, Miihkali! I could never get the hang of those events we had to make. Greece + Pontus are really, really tough. My first try as Greece led to me easily annexing Turkey, then rushing back to Northern Greece to save it from the Yugoslavs, who had declared war on me. Next thing I new, I was in Nov Pazar! :D
Maybe in the next update we ought to consider giving the Turks more troops, or at least stronger ones. They can easily defeat the Cappadocians and have an excellent navy which can defeat the Pontine and Greek ones combined, but that's nothing compared to sheer size of the Greek and Pontine armies when united.
I have managed to find loads more minister pics, leader pics, and techteams for Pontus and Assyria. I'll edit the minister files and send them plus the pictures back to you.
Oh, and I have some province pictures for Ankara, Sinope, Athens, Salonika and Istanbul you can have if you wish.
Merry Christmas, all!

Could you upload it to a different server? I'm really fed up with the need to register everywhere... http://uploaded.to/ is a good hosting service.

Biges said:
Could you upload it to a different server? I'm really fed up with the need to register everywhere... http://uploaded.to/ is a good hosting service.

You don't need to register anywhere. There's introduction to download :cool:

1. Click Download
2. Click Download Anatolian Wars.rar
3. Click OK

No registering :D

Nicophorus: Mehmet12 found it. It seems it's in some kind of Greek wiki :D http://wiki.phantis.com/index.php/Main_Page

Does Armenia have any extra ministers?