• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Stratege said:
Do mercenaries have a buildtime? Then - what are the other advantages and disadvantages?

One advantage seems to be that you save 0,5 gold.

Edit: Merlact beat me to the answer.

Johan said:
The 3d-cityview was finalised, and you can now select view on any city of the world to get a big screen to see how that city looks like.

Uh? Like RTW's city view on battlemap? Exemplify.

Jolt said:
Uh? Like RTW's city view on battlemap? Exemplify.

I'm guessing like EU3 cities.

Assos said:
I am hoping that when we send a diplomat, it is like a character with traits and stuff. :)

That's just what Johan said ... erm ... wrote:

Johan said:
One very important aspect of Rome is the way diplomacy is conducted. To negotiate with another nation, you need to send a character off to do the actual negotiation. This carries some certain risk, as recipients may send back just his head.

This was a short but still great devdiary :D
But judging from the screen I can say that I won't be roating the view, it's so confusing i could hardly figure out what was what even with the helping square on teh minimap :eek:o

Sokraates said:
That's just what Johan said ... erm ... wrote:

Wow. That could lead to some interesting situations in multi-player ;)

Are armies recruited on a 1000 men per unit base? And how this unit is called? Cohort? This would be too Roman-centric (not to say too early for pre-Marius republic) :D

One more thing. Will there be any cap on number of elphants one can field at a certain time? Or cost is supposed to be the only limit factor?

Nice. I especially like seeing some code lines. And I have to agree that rotating the camera angle will be far too confusing to use. :p

I played nearly every paradox game, but HoI2 was the only one i really loved (and I'm still loving).
But this game seems to be really promising :) everything i read makes me hot :D cant't wait to enslave the gauls! ;)

Bodhisattvas said:
But this game seems to be really promising :) everything i read makes me hot :D cant't wait to enslave the gauls! ;)

Yeapp. But I would personaly prefer sending those greedy Romans where they came from and razing thir filthy city to the ground. Go, Carthage!

Balor said:
I'm assuming that, if they're not executed, the diplomat can return to you and you can send them out again. So, axing one deprives their owner of that diplomat. Which then breaks the game in favor of human players, since we could send out diplomat with high ratings, to get favorable results, but if the AI does that, we'd just ax the guy to deprive them of his services, as seeing "Diplomacy rating 8" doesn't really have the same effect on us as it does the AI.

So, perhaps there's a penalty to a player killing off high ranking diplomats, moreso than there would be killing off a crappy negotiator?

Aside from all that, what is the purpose of killing the diplomat? Just to piss off the other country? An equivalent to the "send insult" button? I'm guessing that if you send an unreasonable offer to the AI, they'll be likely to kill the guy, but again, thats not the same for humans.

Even though most aspects of it look great so far, my favourite thing about Rome is actually the font. It looks amazing. What is it, and how can I get it to work on/in EUIII? :D

Awesomely cool Johan. Thanks to you and your crew.