+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Development Diary #10 - 19th of December 2007

HoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Stratege
    Do mercenaries have a buildtime? Then - what are the other advantages and disadvantages?
    One advantage seems to be that you save 0,5 gold.

Edit: Merlact beat me to the answer.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 Complete500k club

"In democracy, it's your vote that counts. In feudalism, it's your count that votes."
    Quote Originally Posted by Johan
    The 3d-cityview was finalised, and you can now select view on any city of the world to get a big screen to see how that city looks like.
    Uh? Like RTW's city view on battlemap? Exemplify.
    "Chavez is leading his people into better future, after ages of explotation they have something to be happy about. Positive thing is also that he suport good causes all over south america and world too a sign of true greatnes." -Ivio
    "Yes, Stalin said the same thing." -Tufto

"I think I'm going insane. I can like FEEL each second and minute passing and it's making me go insane because like I could be building skills in those minutes instead of making a forum post or listening to music or g-chatting with a colleague. I can feel it in my brain and in my body. It's terrible.[...]Anyone else have this?" -EFT
    "Only when I read your posts." -trajan

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    can't wait for the game to be released
    The Memoirs of Santiago Nadal: A Mexico AAR
    The User Created Nations Mod: The only mod where you play with countries created by the EU3 community! Come and try it!

Europa Universalis III LibrAARian
    My Inkwell, in case you want to read one of my works or future projects.
    Every day with you girl is sweeter than the day before.
    No era penal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jolt
    Uh? Like RTW's city view on battlemap? Exemplify.
    I'm guessing like EU3 cities.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2EU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I am hoping that when we send a diplomat, it is like a character with traits and stuff.

HoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Assos
    I am hoping that when we send a diplomat, it is like a character with traits and stuff.
    That's just what Johan said ... erm ... wrote:

One very important aspect of Rome is the way diplomacy is conducted. To negotiate with another nation, you need to send a character off to do the actual negotiation. This carries some certain risk, as recipients may send back just his head.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

This was a short but still great devdiary
    But judging from the screen I can say that I won't be roating the view, it's so confusing i could hardly figure out what was what even with the helping square on teh minimap

Birds flying high, you know what I mean
    Sun in the sky, you know how I feel
    Dragonflies out in the sun, you know what I mean, don't you know?
    Butterflies all havin' fun, you know what I mean
    Like sleeping in peace, when the day is done
    And this old world is a new world
    And a bold world
    For me
    And I'm feeling good!

Quote Originally Posted by Sokraates
    That's just what Johan said ... erm ... wrote:
    Wow. That could lead to some interesting situations in multi-player

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Are armies recruited on a 1000 men per unit base? And how this unit is called? Cohort? This would be too Roman-centric (not to say too early for pre-Marius republic)

One more thing. Will there be any cap on number of elphants one can field at a certain time? Or cost is supposed to be the only limit factor?
    Have you already enlisted? Rome is awaiting you! Legio XXI Rapax: https://www.facebook.com/legioxxirapax

Vae victis!

Field Marshal of SKIF (Scytth, Kristoff & BeBro unit icons):
    SKIF homepage:http://www.star.net.pl/~scytth/hoi2/page/index.html I SKIF forum thread: http://www.europa-universalis.com/fo...18#post5136918

Nice. I especially like seeing some code lines. And I have to agree that rotating the camera angle will be far too confusing to use.
    "The elemental truth must be stressed that the characteristic of any country before its industrial revolution and modernisation is poverty..." Mathias, First Industrial Nation, pg. 5
    "The Central Committee and the government are in possession of definite proof that this massive exodus of the peasants has been organized by the enemies of the Soviet regime, by counterrevolutionaries, and by Polish agents as a propaganda coup against the process for collectivization in particular and the Soviet Government in general" - USSR leadership about famine & migration caused by bolshevik policy of confiscating all food despite human losses. Stéphane Courtois et al, The Black Book of Communism, pg. 164.
    In Wiki we trust: VickyWiki|CKWiki (offline)|HoI2|EUIII|HoI3|Victoria II|CKII|EUIV
    Play Werewolf with fellow forumites.

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

This carries some certain risk, as recipients may send back just his head.
    Will we get the chance to do the same to AI diplomats? Because that would be the best event ever.
    Freedom in capitalist society always remains about the same as it was in the ancient Greek republics: freedom for the slave-owners
    VI Lenin

I played nearly every paradox game, but HoI2 was the only one i really loved (and I'm still loving).
    But this game seems to be really promising everything i read makes me hot cant't wait to enslave the gauls!

Johan's Home Account Paradox Dev Team Balor's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeOm
    Will we get the chance to do the same to AI diplomats? Because that would be the best event ever.
    yes

Achtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    Lead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black Cove
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    StarvoidThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesPride of Nations500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Balor
    yes
    Cool!

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattvas
    But this game seems to be really promising everything i read makes me hot cant't wait to enslave the gauls!
    Yeapp. But I would personaly prefer sending those greedy Romans where they came from and razing thir filthy city to the ground. Go, Carthage!

Quote Originally Posted by Balor
    yes
    I'm assuming that, if they're not executed, the diplomat can return to you and you can send them out again. So, axing one deprives their owner of that diplomat. Which then breaks the game in favor of human players, since we could send out diplomat with high ratings, to get favorable results, but if the AI does that, we'd just ax the guy to deprive them of his services, as seeing "Diplomacy rating 8" doesn't really have the same effect on us as it does the AI.

So, perhaps there's a penalty to a player killing off high ranking diplomats, moreso than there would be killing off a crappy negotiator?

Aside from all that, what is the purpose of killing the diplomat? Just to piss off the other country? An equivalent to the "send insult" button? I'm guessing that if you send an unreasonable offer to the AI, they'll be likely to kill the guy, but again, thats not the same for humans.

Advocatus Sancti Sepulcri Sonny's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Quote Originally Posted by alvaro
    ouch!

thanks, mate. is that an english word?
    You mean Yule? It is a Scandinavian word (Swedish I think).
    Live your life so the preacher won't have to lie at your funeral.

Admiral of the Fleet Shadow Knight's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: Rome

Awesomely cool Johan. Thanks to you and your crew.
    f.k.a. shdwknightx
    HOI:TGW
    HOI2: 1914

"When you have a hammer, all your problems begin to look like nails. However, when you don't have a hammer, you may begin to ignore anything that looks like a nail."

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2EU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'd better wash my toga from my college days and get ready.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

I like how the guy's nickname is "farmer" in latin....Go Agricola!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast