• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why are you renaming city provinces in region provinces?

There is a reason why it was called 'Genoa', because now by clicking on 'Republic of Genoa' country it will say that its capital is 'Liguria' instead of 'Genoa' wich makes more sence than the region name.

And if you are gonna rename every province name into region name it will take forever.

A small hint from a modder: Don't begin with beautiful graphics and name changes on the map. They are of 2nd importance: the best would be to finish the scenario start-up and to begin to write the events (you are gonna need a load of them if you want an interesting game). So you can release a beta and be helped by peoples testing it.

I am not going to rename every province. But what I am doing is really important. I am mostly getting rid of the Soviet and Modern province names. Replacing them with historical or native ones. It would be funny to have a XVIth century world with provinces like Washington, DC, Los Angelos, Molotovsk and Stalingrad.

Basically you are right that urban provinces should have names of the cities instead of names of the regions. But as for Genoa I am planning to split the province in two parts. The urban one is going to be Genova and the rural part is going to remain Liguria.

The graphics being made by me is also very important. Who would want to play a XVIth century mod with graphics related to the XXth century ?

It is very easy for me to script events and make political maps for this project. I've started with what I consider more difficult for me - graphics and the interactive map. It is a necessary stage of the work on this project.

Anyhow thank you for your critical comments.

So you can release a beta and be helped by peoples testing it.

Sounds like you wouldn't mind to be a tester of this Mod ? :)

Instanbul comes from the hellenic is tin polin (εις την πόλην). So, It is the same, whether you name the province instabul or Constantinople. They are both hellenic words. :)

I am still inclined to think that Istanbul should be renamed Kostantinyye.

wasnt istanbul in turkish stanbul meaning door to paradise basically? anyway keep up your good work terminator! i wanna be a tester too ;) , also maybe split up the german regions a bit more - for so much territories there is very less place - maybe just make the leaders of minors just chief of everything (so its easier for you , you know , but still i could play as saarbrücken or frankfurt:)

btw maybe make hills more brown and forests a bit more dark green

Last edited:
... also maybe split up the german regions a bit more - for so much territories there is very less place ...

Yes, it makes sense to add some more provinces in Germany. Let's say Baden currently has only two provinces (Stuttgart and Freiburg). They could be split up what would double the number of its provinces and would make that German state more viable.

btw maybe make hills more brown and forests a bit more dark green

I'll think about it.

Eurogeddon Forum

I have opened a separate forum for this project. You have to be registered to see the posts. But registration takes 2 minutes tops and doesn't require an authorization.

Eurogeddon Forum

Signature

A link to the Forum is in my sig now. Come over and visit me there.

Map. Renamed Provinces

Code:
#      HOI/Armageddon              Eurogeddon
================================================

110.   Reggio di Calabria          Calabria*

* Instead of Reggia.

renamedprovinces34.jpg

Map. Renamed Provinces

Code:
#      HOI/Armageddon              Eurogeddon

119.     Rimini                    Romagna
120.     Florence                  Firenze
121.     La Spezia                 Emilia

renamedprovinces35.jpg

Map. Renamed Provinces

Code:
#      HOI/Armageddon                   Eurogeddon

122.     Montpellier                    Languedoc
123.     Lyon                           Lyonnais
124.     Grenoble                       Savoie
125.     Nice                           Piemonte

renamedprovinces36z.jpg

I am not going to rename every province. But what I am doing is really important. I am mostly getting rid of the Soviet and Modern province names. Replacing them with historical or native ones. It would be funny to have a XVIth century world with provinces like Washington, DC, Los Angelos, Molotovsk and Stalingrad.

Basically you are right that urban provinces should have names of the cities instead of names of the regions. But as for Genoa I am planning to split the province in two parts. The urban one is going to be Genova and the rural part is going to remain Liguria.

The graphics being made by me is also very important. Who would want to play a XVIth century mod with graphics related to the XXth century ?

It is very easy for me to script events and make political maps for this project. I've started with what I consider more difficult for me - graphics and the interactive map. It is a necessary stage of the work on this project.

Anyhow thank you for your critical comments.

Sounds like you wouldn't mind to be a tester of this Mod ? :)

I perfectly understand about the names of modern cities, that make lot of sence.

About the regions too, but only if you are going to change the map to include 'urban' regions.

About the new names on the map: the 'circle' way of putting names is more or less interesting in my humble opinion: 'Liguria' is nice and easy to read, but Languedoc is horrible

Yes, everything here is perfect, but I can't understand why you write so many provinces in a circle like this. To me it gives a real headache. :(

Couldn't you just bend the name a bit to fit the province or maybe use a smaller font?

You got it. New province names for Wallachia/Transylvania/Moldavia.

Code:
#      HOI/Armageddon               Eurogeddon

29.     Constanta                   Silistra
89.     Bucharest                   Bucuresti 
90.     Ploesti                     Târgoviste
91.     Pitesti                     Arges
92.     Beltsy                      [B]Alchona [/B] - I think that Soroca is better known
93.     Bacau                      [B] Bucovina [/B] - the term appeard later, in XVIII c., I think that Suceava is better
94.     Chisinev                    Akkerman
95.     Ismail                      Kilya
96.     Brasov                      Kronstadt
97.     Sibiu                       Hermannstadt 
98.     Cluj-Napoca                 Klausenburg
99.     Satu Mare                   Sathmar
100.    Timisoara                   Temeschburg

renamedprovinces28.jpg

I weren't aware that you'll use Romanian characters. In this case, the corrected names are Iaşi, Bucureşti, Argeş and Târgovişte

France & Italy

So do the other French and Italian provinces.

renamedprovinces38.jpg

Balkans

As well as the Balkan ones.

renamedprovinces39.jpg

Crimea

renamedprovinces40.jpg

Caucasus

renamedprovinces41.jpg