• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Harupmh! And other thoughts...

Sir Charles had heard the cries of "bad government" from the other parties, and how the Whigs had let inflation rise without any effort to stop it. How? Sir Charles had ordered inflation set to 0, and yet, due to facts beyond his understanding[OOC: Without a PM, shouldn't what I had asked been what was done in regards to setting the treasury sliders. I had asked for a focus on the army, that was not done, I asked that funds into the treasury be set to 0, that was not done. What is going on? Ok, BIC]

"In regards to France, I am glad to hear that the revolts have been put down, and wish Lord Clarence the best of luck and the thanks of myself and all those I represent.

"In regards to the inflation, it rises like some unassailable mountain. The longer it goes up, the worse it will be. Naturally.

"And Sir Hugh, you want us to spend our funds on improving our relations with everyone, and yet, by doing that we weaken ourselves. Now, in light of the improvement in relations with Brittany, I am not afraid to say that mayhaps I made an error in judgement in deeming them unworthy of our freindship. Fine, make them our friends. But should it backfore, I shall personally remind each and every voter that it was not my idea originally to waste funds on the damned fools in Brittany...

"Oh, one more thing. I would move that since no one has any idea where the Whig Leader is, I move to make myself the new Whig Leader. I seem to be speaking for the Whigs for the most part anyways. It only makes sense that I take the reins of leadership for the Whig Party.

Oh, one more thing : Seems the Irish were more incompetent than the French. Sir Hugh, do you still want us to waste funds making 'friendly' with them?"

With that, Sir Charle sat down, and wondered why he took the blame for the financial state of the country under Whig rule when he had been one of the stauchest opponents of any increase in inflation? The vaguaries of finance were just that: vague.

H_S your idea for no inflation was a great idea, the only problem being that with all the tax collectors you promoted no money going into the treasury would have meant britain going bankrupt. So i took the executive decision not to do that :D
And anyway inflation isnt exactly a bad thing as long as its kept to reasonable levels :p

Originally posted by Grothgar
H_S your idea for no inflation was a great idea, the only problem being that with all the tax collectors you promoted no money going into the treasury would have meant britain going bankrupt. So i took the executive decision not to do that :D
And anyway inflation isnt exactly a bad thing as long as its kept to reasonable levels :p

Really? England would have gone bankrupt? Wow! I never knew...

"Sir Charles, first of all, it has been noted that deflationary cycles occur every couple decades during times of stability. Again, I reference learned economist Baron Friedman.

"As policies attempting to strengthen the bonds between Brittany and England have tremendously suceeded, I see no need to address them. We can secure the friendship of Brittany aa well as Castile, or any power that may pose a threat.

"I apologize for the comment about Brittany breaking its vassalship. As there is no written log of all the words spoken in the Parliament," John was relieved by the lack of any Ye Sunne correspondents in the building, "I shall give you the benefit of the doubt.

"Regarding war with Scotland, I did not advocate anything but restraint and more information. It is not I who is fixated with Meath, but your fellow party member. If you were listening to me, you would have realized that I was explaining precisely why it may not be prudent to attack Meath at the moment."

OOC:
What's the current rate of inflation?
What are our relations with the major local powers?

Last edited:
"I tink that we should intervene in Eire, we should get Eire itself" began HJ " With Eire we have a base on the island, after thet nothing stop's us from taking the whole island including more scottish holding!
By the way, what is the status of our army? Numbers please."

Smirking is Sir Charles...

"I apologize for the comment about Brittany breaking its vassalship. As there is no written log of all the words spoken in the Parliament, I shall give you the benefit of the doubt"

These words were like music to Sir Charles ears. Finally, he was being shown some measure of the respect he so richly deserved!

"Well, I will say this about you, Sir Fitzgerald: You can admit your mistakes, and I must say I would be less than scum if I could not do the same. Yes, you did not advocate focusing on Meath as I had mistakenly heard. I will leave it at that, eh?"

"Now, in regards to deflationary cycles, well, I can only hope that this will happen. I certainly do not want to leave this country to my children and force them to suffer the effects of inflationary practices that sometimes seem to defy logic. I can only hope for the best."

"Now, I would put this to the lords here. Are the other parties averse to me taking the reins of the Whig Party? I have heard nothing about this from my comrades, so I shall go to you. What say you? Yay or nay?"

Sir Charles sat back down, and hoped that they would see the wisdom in his request...

--------

[OOC: EDIT: Whoops! My bad! :eek: Got the characters mixed up. Editted to reflect the correction. Sorry again]

Last edited:
Hugh was entering Parliament just as Sir Charles stood to speak. When he returned to his seat, Hugh wasted no time in jumping up.

"I'm quite sorry, Sir Charles, but I have been away at my newly recaptured estates in Normandy for some months, and if I have lately made any mistakes (which I greatly doubt) I am unsure how you would have come to know of them. Mayhaps you have the wrong 'Sir'?"

This been abandoned?

[OOC: Well, is this no longer going on, Grothgar? Cause it was certainly a great idea. Pity to let it die so. Oh well, one ore for old time's sake!)

Sir Charles stood up, looking bemusedly at both the Tories and Liberals.

"My dear, dear sirs, I have been in error. It seems that time doth sneak up on me, rob me of my memory. I apologize for making the inferences about the wrong person. Well, water under the bridge. Tell me, do we sit hear on our duffs waiting for time to nudge us back into the Present? Why do I not hear any word from the glorious leaders of the House? Have they all gone deaf, dumb and blind? Hmm? Or perhaps God has decided that only the Whigs were good enough to warrant any sort of action at all. Oh well. Pray tell, are we going to be meeting anymore, or has Parliamaent been dissolved?"

Sir Charles keeps standing for several more seconds, and then, turing to the Speaker, he sits.

Yes it was indeed a good idea, but good ideas unfortunately cannot compete with corrupted save game files :mad:
Yes thats right, the save game file was corrupted, i tried everything i could to get it back, i even copyed it out and reinstalled EU2 but alas it didnt work. So i am afraid i have to declare this AAR dead :( Sorry guys

Damn!
But are we going to restart this, i hope so.
But if we do, the Whigs should be in power ( i hope so).

Yes, let's restart it. This time, I'll be prime minister, and rule the woild! Mwa ha ha ha ha ha!

Seriously, it was a great idea, and I for one would gladly join in another Parliament.

Whadya say? Eh, Grothgar? Another go? I am certain we would have as much fun as the last one, spewing insults at each other, questioning the lineage and such. It would be oh so much fun!

Ok ill give it another go, but not as england. Why? well because england is way too easy and also im not going to play the GC either, because playing one year at a time would have taken me 400 posts, and at one post every 2 days that would have taken over 2 years!!!

So here is what i propose, i was planning on doing a Bavaria AAR set during the napoleonic war wittily entitled "Stuck in the Middle with you." :D So what do you think? Fancy being a german nobleman in 1795? Im only asking for say 5 people because obviously the Bavarian rulers had a court but that didnt change until after someone died. So what say you?

Sounds perfect. Ludwig von Schleissenhausenfeffer here, waiting to join the other nobles in leading Bavaria to the creamiest of creamy places. Yes, creamy...:D

Alright!
Could i join.
As let we say, Count Heinrich-Jan von Houchenzaufen?
Good idea Grothar